Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I have a diet coke addict in my family, but since our last stay they've given up caffeine and only drink the decaf diet coke. Based on a picture I saw online, it looks like that is a drink option that it available, but it was a pretty old picture--can anyone who has been there recently confirm or deny?

Yes, you can get caffeine-free diet coke from the Riverside dispensers, and also from the Freestyle machines at French Quarter. See http://www.portorleans.org/mugs.php

Hi, speaking of coffee, I posted this question on the restaurant board, but this may be a better place to post it. Does anyone know what beverages at breakfast in the Riverside Mill qualify for a QS beverage? Could I get a cappuccino, or would that also require using a snack credit in addition to a QS credit for the food?

Yes, both espresso and cappuccino can count as snack credit items, but they can also be the drink as part of a QS Meal as far as I know.

Andre

I'll refrain from posting MY opinions in the future.

That was pretty rude of you. Don't get offended - people are trying to help you. No need to act entitled. What did you want from posters? Have them all agree with you and pity you?

What's the issue with a boy staying in the same bed as a female family member? It's family. Is it a religious thing? Because if the issue was that serious I'm not sure why you didn't ask for something else... the CMS are not psychic.

Booked for October 7th to the 13th of this year! Pretty excited because my dad turns 70 the day before we get there and it will be his first trip since taking me as a little boy. Also it'll be his first trip with my 1yo son!

We arrive on the 7th as well! It will be here before we know it!!

We will be there October 9th-13th for the first week of our honeymoon! Maybe we will all see each other :)

What's the best way to go about a room request? We are doing a split stay and moving to POR for 4 nights next Friday for a Royal Room. We'd prefer to be in Oak Manor but there's no where to put that on the online Check-In. First stay at POR since many moons ago when I was a kiddo and it was Dixie Landings - we're excited :)

What's the best way to go about a room request? We are doing a split stay and moving to POR for 4 nights next Friday for a Royal Room. We'd prefer to be in Oak Manor but there's no where to put that on the online Check-In. First stay at POR since many moons ago when I was a kiddo and it was Dixie Landings - we're excited :)
We used the resort fax number and faxed in our request. It was granted, too, so I know they read them. :)

The information about the resort fax would be on the first page of this thread. :)

We've stayed at POR on our last vacation and my family loved it. This vacation we decided to try a different hotel (trying to stay at most of them) but my son wants to go fishing again in their fishing area. Could I just pay to go fishing there again or is it just for resort guests? Thanks in advance.

My TA emailed me and told me they will have agency exclusive rates here during my possible dates for next year. The only bummer is that they are only offered on standard view rooms, and I would prefer a garden view. Oh well, you take what you can get.

We've stayed at POR on our last vacation and my family loved it. This vacation we decided to try a different hotel (trying to stay at most of them) but my son wants to go fishing again in their fishing area. Could I just pay to go fishing there again or is it just for resort guests? Thanks in advance.

Fishing is for everyone - so are the carriage rides, etc ... In most cases (other than the pools) resort activities are available to anyone. Usually the only deterrent and hurdle is Disney transportation, if you don't have a car.

I am hoping with our second trip here, hopefully early next year, that we will be put into the Mansion section. We did AB first go around, and I loved it, but I want to try the other side this time. I'm pretty certain we will have a standard view reservation.

We are officially booked at Riverside for Oct 25th to 29th. It will be our third trip to POR and we are really looking forward to it. We like the boat to Disney Springs and the main pool. We had a quiet pool to ourselves on our first trip, so that would be nice, too. :) We had to take a standard view room with our TA's discount, so we hope the room isn't too far away from everything. We like Alligator Bayou and the west depot isn't too bad.

Last edited:
We are officially booked at Riverside for Oct 25th to 29th. It will be our third trip to POr and we are really looking forward to it. We like the boat to Disney Springs and the main pool. We had a quiet pool to ourselves on our first trip, so that would be nice, too. :) We had to take a standard view room with our TA's discount, so we hope the room isn't too far away from everything. We like Alligator Bayou and the west depot isn't too bad.
We love Por too. But I prefer mansion section. One time we had a standard view in Magnolia terrace, room was on quiet pool side, just past pool, so standard view. It was also very close to Old Man Island foot bridge, so close to quiet and main pool, and main buildings. And across from East Depot. We loved that room location until the neighbours from hell moved into next room, with kids whose idea of playing was screaming at the top of their lungs inside and outside the room. Good thing it was our last day. But that can happen at any resort.

We love Por too. But I prefer mansion section. One time we had a standard view in Magnolia terrace, room was on quiet pool side, just past pool, so standard view. It was also very close to Old Man Island foot bridge, so close to quiet and main pool, and main buildings. And across from East Depot. We loved that room location until the neighbours from hell moved into next room, with kids whose idea of playing was screaming at the top of their lungs inside and outside the room. Good thing it was our last day. But that can happen at any resort.
I wished I had checked out my sister's room in the mansion section when we stayed at POR last June. They were upgraded to a garden view and they were close to the path to Old Man Island. They liked their location. But we are big fans of the woodsy look of AB. It reminds us of what the WL looked like before they took down all the trees.

We had kids playing right outside our door on our first trip to POR. It was pouring rain outside and I can understand why their parents sent them out there to play. But it only lasted for about an hour and then all was good. We have been lucky and the two times we have stayed at POR we have had very quiet neighbors. I hope it continues. :)

Our flight arrived at 8:50AM, ME to hotel, and then right to the bus to AK. We got our room ready text at 11:53 AM Acadian House 8216. This was very disappointing because we had requested AB for the extra bed. Yes, yes, I know it is just a request (and if I could afford deluxe I would do that but I can't) but I have a 14 yo boy and everyone else in the party is female and we are not into boys and girls sleeping together. He ended up sleeping with grandma anyway because he did not want to sleep on the hard floor.

I was wondering when and how you requested AB in your planning and booking of your room. I ask because we booked two rooms for our trip next year and I called Disney directly to book. Our travel party will be DH and I, older DS and his GF, and younger DS and his GF. I requested AB because we are planning to do DH and I plus younger DS and his GF in one room, and she is little and can sleep on the murphy bed. The CM said that was no problem but did say she would have to book us as a preferred location to ensure we get the murphy bed, which was fine by me. She also said she would note that we would like connecting rooms if possible. Of course if we don't happen to get the murphy bed we could do 3 in one room and 3 in the other because my two boys could share a bed. Anyone else have experience with this?

I was wondering when and how you requested AB in your planning and booking of your room. I ask because we booked two rooms for our trip next year and I called Disney directly to book. Our travel party will be DH and I, older DS and his GF, and younger DS and his GF. I requested AB because we are planning to do DH and I plus younger DS and his GF in one room, and she is little and can sleep on the murphy bed. The CM said that was no problem but did say she would have to book us as a preferred location to ensure we get the murphy bed, which was fine by me. She also said she would note that we would like connecting rooms if possible. Of course if we don't happen to get the murphy bed we could do 3 in one room and 3 in the other because my two boys could share a bed. Anyone else have experience with this?
All preferred rooms are in AB, so if you have preferred, you will get the murphy bed (unless you get an accessible room). If you don't get connecting rooms, they will try and put the two rooms close to each other.

If you don't book preferred, you can request AB, but no guarantees.

I wished I had checked out my sister's room in the mansion section when we stayed at POR last June. They were upgraded to a garden view and they were close to the path to Old Man Island. They liked their location. But we are big fans of the woodsy look of AB. It reminds us of what the WL looked like before they took down all the trees.

We had kids playing right outside our door on our first trip to POR. It was pouring rain outside and I can understand why their parents sent them out there to play. But it only lasted for about an hour and then all was good. We have been lucky and the two times we have stayed at POR we have had very quiet neighbors. I hope it continues. :)
That was the only time we had bad neighbours at any WDW resort! We loved WL too, and don't like what they're doing to that, Poly, or CSR!
Poly also had lush beautiful landscapes.

We have stayed here a few times and love it! Does anyone know what section we may end up in if we booked a preferred room this time? Going for new year's and wanted to stay close to things, so figured preferred may help with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter