Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

I had originally wanted to book POFQ, but couldn't find a room, so Riverside was my next choice for late February 2018, so I just booked it tonight! I haven't been to WDW since I was a toddler! We are excited!

I forgot to mention as well. The giant paddle fans in the registration area were moving as well, albeit very slowly. We were at MK yesterday so I didn't get a chance to check and see if both the wheel and fans were in motion.

Hello. Several questions...

We are checking in in a few weeks. Does anyone know the following:
1. In the food court coffee station, do they have the flavored liquid coffee creamers? Usually I see them in the little cups in restaurants, etc.
2. Do the rooms still provide insect repellent?
3. I tried to look up any current construction projects and for Riverside, I mainly just have seen floor updates in the food court. Anything else? Most concerned about pool closures.

Thank you in advance!

On Sunday, the 20th, we are hoping to be at MK for ropedrop. We plan on using Disney buses. What time should we be at the bus stop to ensure we make it in time to see the opening show at MK?

We arrive on Saturday!!! Yay!

Finally was able to book for Christmas 2018. We usually stay at POFQ but are going to stay at Riveraide again mainly because of the quiet pools staying open late.

Hello. Several questions...

We are checking in in a few weeks. Does anyone know the following:
1. In the food court coffee station, do they have the flavored liquid coffee creamers? Usually I see them in the little cups in restaurants, etc.
2. Do the rooms still provide insect repellent?
3. I tried to look up any current construction projects and for Riverside, I mainly just have seen floor updates in the food court. Anything else? Most concerned about pool closures.

Thank you in advance!
I'm not a coffee drinker, so can't answer #1. But #2, the answer is yes, still provided. And for #3, I didn't see any construction at all other than regular maintenance last month (and I ran around the resort/POFQ daily).

Well be home sept 14th! So excited! Since our last trip we've had a baby (celebrating his first birthday! ) I have a question about cribs. Should I be renting one from the same place we're renting the stroller from? Or is it safe to assume there will be one available? Someone also mentioned to me that there are pack and plays in every room? I don't remeber seeing one the last time we stayed (although that was at carribean beach 2 years ago) do they just hide them well?! Any advise is helpful, first time back to disney with a child!

Transportation debate. So last time went to WDW in 2011 we stayed at Pop Century. We didn't really have any crazy wait times for a bus except for a couple of occasions. That being said the buses were always really overcrowded most of the time.

This trip I have started a savings account to save for the occasional taxi. So from those of you with more experience I have a few questions to help with my planning:

- I have read some vague comments about the bus situation at POR. What should I be expecting?

- Better to use taxi's to get to the park or back from the park?

- Are certain parks more useful for taxi's? Like at MK you need to take the cab to T&T center.

- Anything else I have not mentioned that needs to be considered?

Thanks guys!

HI ! So my favorite Resort is infakt POR... It's soooooooooo... relaxing and the Atmosphere is Great : FOOD: DONT GO TO THE RESTAURANT!!!!!!!!

POR has 4 Bus depos so you may have to wait like 5-10 Minutes for your Bus
I think It's not a "BIG" Deal:dogdance:

HI ! So my favorite Resort is infakt POR... It's soooooooooo... relaxing and the Atmosphere is Great : FOOD: DONT GO TO THE RESTAURANT!!!!!!!!

POR has 4 Bus depos so you may have to wait like 5-10 Minutes for your Bus
I think It's not a "BIG" Deal:dogdance:

The post you quoted is from 2 1/2 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter