Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Finally was able to book for Christmas 2018. We usually stay at POFQ but are going to stay at Riveraide again mainly because of the quiet pools staying open late.

We love both French Quarter and Riverside, but agree with you 100% -- we keep picking Riverside because the quiet pools stay open late.

Does anyone know if the shampoo/conditioner/body wash dispensers are now in all rooms in POR? I'm actually excited about these. If they're in the room we won't pack these things!

Does anyone know if the shampoo/conditioner/body wash dispensers are now in all rooms in POR? I'm actually excited about these. If they're in the room we won't pack these things!
We are in Magnolia Terrace and do not have them, just the small 'travel' bottles/bars provided by Mousekeeping.

Can someone tell me where the laundry rooms are? Just near quiet pools? Or near main poops? Do they sell detergent in the laundry room? Credit cards only still?

Well be home sept 14th! So excited! Since our last trip we've had a baby (celebrating his first birthday! ) I have a question about cribs. Should I be renting one from the same place we're renting the stroller from? Or is it safe to assume there will be one available? Someone also mentioned to me that there are pack and plays in every room? I don't remeber seeing one the last time we stayed (although that was at carribean beach 2 years ago) do they just hide them well?! Any advise is helpful, first time back to disney with a child!

I don't know which rooms have the pack 'n play, maybe DVC. I do know that moderates and values do not. Also, the one time I stayed at WL there was not one there.

One time that I stayed at POR, I requested a pack 'n play. It was not in my room on arrival, but came quickly after I called Mousekeeping. It was usable but not in the greatest shape. I would suggest that you do rent one from the company that is providing your stroller.

Can someone tell me where the laundry rooms are? Just near quiet pools? Or near main poops? Do they sell detergent in the laundry room? Credit cards only still?
The laundry is near each quiet pool. They do sell laundry detergent in the laundry. You can use a credit card, or, like we do, get a visa gift card that's not tied to any account. No cash.

Hey all, I'm saddened to report that this morning, the wheel is no longer turning. Not sure if something happened in the last few days or if it is turning only at set times. In addition. Most/all windows along that back wall have been covered over.

We arrive on Tuesday for our first stay at Riverside. We have a River view room because we had to change dates and that was the only category we could get. I wasn't going to request a section originally, but think I may want to fax them something now. Would you recommend the mansions or AB. We really want to be closer to the food court and busses - and some of those buildings look quite a ways back. What should I request?
Thanks!

We arrive on Tuesday for our first stay at Riverside. We have a River view room because we had to change dates and that was the only category we could get. I wasn't going to request a section originally, but think I may want to fax them something now. Would you recommend the mansions or AB. We really want to be closer to the food court and busses - and some of those buildings look quite a ways back. What should I request?
Thanks!

Close to food court.

Hey all, I'm saddened to report that this morning, the wheel is no longer turning. Not sure if something happened in the last few days or if it is turning only at set times. In addition. Most/all windows along that back wall have been covered over.
:( NOOOOO! We arrive tomorrow and I told my DD that I read that it was working.

Whilst we were there in June, we said were going to make picket signs that said "FIX THE WHEEL" and march back and forth in front of Riverside Mill. Maybe we'll have to start tomorrow... ;)

Last edited:
Just got home from an 8 day stay and the wheel turned periodically during the stay, off more than on. So maybe you will see it working during your stay.

Just got home from an 8 day stay and the wheel turned periodically during the stay, off more than on. So maybe you will see it working during your stay.

It was working yesterday morning, but not today. Could be connected with the food court flooring refub project, as the back part of the seating area will be closed off during the first phase of the work. They have already blacked out the rear windows.

Andre

For those asking about multi-packs of water in the stores, Fulton's at Riverside now only carries 8-packs of 12oz Dasani for $3.99

Andre

Sorry to disappoint anyone, but the Riverside Mill waterwheel will be out of action for at least a month apparently. They are doing maintenance work on it, and the outside of the building around it will have scaffolding up where they are working (hence the blackout cloths on the inside windows).

Andre

Sorry to disappoint anyone, but the Riverside Mill waterwheel will be out of action for at least a month apparently. They are doing maintenance work on it, and the outside of the building around it will have scaffolding up where they are working (hence the blackout cloths on the inside windows).

Andre

We are arriving mid October. Any idea if it will be up and running by then?

Got back today from riverside after 14 nights! Some things I noticed that have come up:

1. They have half n half for coffee. They close the dispensers some time between 10:30 and 11, but they have both milk and half n half at the bakery and will put it in your coffee for you

2. We were jealous of the dinner choices and freestyle machines at FQ, but riverside has better desserts.

3. Murphy bed extremely comfortable for DS8 who is 56"

4. Towels for quiet pools are available 24 hrs in the laundry rooms. Quiet pools are open 24 hrs.

5. Transportation to parks were great. 10 day tickets, all 4 parks, never waited even 5 minutes for a bus. Got to South depot at times ranging from 7:15-10:00 am.

6. ETA signs at south depot were extremely accurate (at least within 5 minutes of arrival, as we never experienced even that long of a wait).

7. Room stayed nicely chilled all night long. We kept the ceiling fan on.

8. Nice to see the wheel turning for 4-5 days. We noticed it started turning after it rained a lot and the water level in the river was noticeably higher.

9. Bus service from parks was ok. Max wait was 15 min. Three times we jumped from a long riverside line to an empty FQ bus. First time we started walking from the FQ bus stop to hike to riverside when we saw the internal shuttle coming so turned back to take it. 2nd time we walked to POR. The third time the bus picked us up at the HS stop for FQ, then drove 10 feet to the POR stop. But by jumping on at the FQ station we got seats.

10. Don't like that they moved the DS dock for the PO boats all the way behind where rainforest is (last time we stayed it was still near t- rex). We planned to stay at DS for dinner after typhoon lagoon as bus went there anyway, but long walk to dock convinced us to just take bus to PO for dinner.

11. No towel animals. Once out of 13 nights they took the time to arrange kids stuffed friends cutely on beds. On arrival there were 6 towels in the room. Every day after towel count was 3 or 4.

12. They kept on forgetting to leave a top sheet for Murphy bed.

13. Food court was understaffed (this was a reoccurring theme everywhere and everyday).

14. We booked preferred and requested 1st floor, quiet location away from parking. We had 1806. Great room! Very quiet, close to handicap ramp (we mentioned strollers on request and didn't think of asking to be near ramp). also extremely short walk to quiet pool by going past ice machine (on map it looks like a much longer walk around building to quiet pool and ramp).

15. On arrival, 2nd stop on dme (FQ was first). Arrived just under 90 from getting off plane. No room text so waited 15 min on line for front desk. Room was ready and package with room number was sitting there waiting. We booked military rate though and asked for military id, so that could be why no text.

16. Departure was a little rough. Dme was almost 10 min early and we barely made it. Problem was I couldn't find anyone to get our bags from bell services for over 5 min. Bus came while bell hop was in room looking for our 5 bags (which took a few min to find). DW told driver where I was and he was agitated I wasn't there. He was about to turn away from DW when CM came with our bags. I grabbed them from CM and ran for bus. I realized after the bus left that in rush to catch bus I forgot to tip bell services. We were the last stop so we went direct to mco. Plenty of time for dinner at airport before flight.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter