Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Quick question: I am allergic to the chlorine in pools. Are the pools at Riverside and French Quarter chlorine based or are they salt-water. It'd be nice to be able to swim with DD2.

I was thinking of requesting a 3rd floor room in Magnolia Mansions (garden view). I will be alone in the room and my friend will have her own room. I was thinking that it would be quiet and have a bit of a view. Is there any reason this wouldn't be decent choice?

Now that I've had a chance to think about it for a few days, here are some of the positive and negatives that we experienced:
Positive:
  • Cleanliness. While I did not do the white glove test to our entire room, I felt that it was very clean from the time we arrived to the time we left. Our Mousekeepers did a fantastic job. One thing I did notice was that the complimentary travel size shampoo and conditioner Disney provided were larger (at least looked larger), and I think of a better quality, than ones I've received at other resorts, but we did not receive a new one each day (Personally, I'm ok with this as the bottle had enough for a few days use). I'm not sure what 'brand' it was, but I don't think it was H20.
  • Friendliness: Each and every cast member we interacted with, from the front desk to food service, at the resort, were friendly, warm and engaging, beyond what we expected.
  • Resort/Room: Our A/C never quit, which I loved in 90+temps, and the buildings were always at a comfortable temperature. It was pretty cool to see the large fans moving in the registration room, and really helped the 'immersion' of the resort. While the resort is spread out, I did not find it to be 'overly' large.
Negative: The only real negative we encountered were the buses, and I'm not really considering them a true negative. 90% of the time, we only waited around 10 minutes for a bus, and it would not be completely full when it arrived. Leaving from the resort, on two occasions, both of which we were running late to an ADR at MK and a tour at MK, the buses took abnormally long to arrive. Leaving the parks or Disney Springs, the wait times, if the bus was not there when we got to the terminal, were around 20 to 25 minutes. Not long enough to be problematic, but just long enough to be noticeable in the heat. We did not have any issues from our drivers (we did hear about one issue, but since we didn't experience it personally, I'm not including it).

If I think of anything else, I'll add it later, but we are definitely looking forward to coming back to POR in the future!

I'm here now! My first visit to this resort and I love it. The room is much nicer than I was expecting ( we are in Magnolia Bend) the beds seem brand new.
I originally did not get my request ( and I also faxed 5 days ahead)
The resort itself is very very pretty.
Every cast member that we have encountered has been friendly.
The shampoo and conditioner are in bigger travel size - H20 brand which Smells like the last spa I was at.
The buses have been fine for us- although we've seemed to luck out with timing.
It is pretty busy though, as a lot of times we end up standing.

we are in Magnolia Bend) the beds seem brand new.

In fact all of the mattresses at Port Orleans Riverside have been replaced over the past couple of months with new Sealy mattresses which have the extra quilted padded layer on the top. They are really comfortable. The replacement project cost over $1m by the way.

The project also benefited French Quarter incidentally, as the most recently-installed of the mattresses taken out from Riverside (there is normally a rolling program of mattress changes) were switched over to FQ to replace the oldest ones over there.

Andre

OK, I have read all 341 pages since booking our room in PO. I first must say that Andre your site has been a wealth of information. My question is this......If I am reading the floor plans correctly (and I printed them from Andre's site) the only Pool view in the Royal Guest Room in Parterre Place is a coveted corner room on the second floor (9728). According to the plans it is directly across from the stairs, there are only 16 rooms in this section and stairs at each side, my gut says its not really a big deal noise wise. Just looking for confirmation from anyone. Or if there is any other favorable location that is a corner room in a lower traffic area. I prefer to be on a higher floor. If it matters we are traveling in February during Presidents Day week.

TIA

We are booked in a Royal Guest Room Pool View

If I am reading the floor plans correctly (and I printed them from Andre's site) the only Pool view in the Royal Guest Room in Parterre Place is a coveted corner room on the second floor (9728).

There is one upper floor and one lower floor below it which are classed as Royal Pool View in Parterre Place. They are not in an especially busy/noisy location at all, apart from possibly from people in the pool. There would be very little foot traffic that would be using those stairs and going past your room.

Sorry these photos I just took are a bit blurry, I took my camera out from cold air con into a very humid afternoon and the lens kept misting up!

upload_2017-8-23_17-19-30.png
The corridor outside room 9728.

upload_2017-8-23_17-29-16.png
View from the upper floor pool-view room (9728).

upload_2017-8-23_17-22-49.png
The two corner rooms in Parterre, overlooking the pool. Stairs are to the right, off the picture.

Andre

Last edited:
Stayed at POR last year when I went and decided to go back again this year and taking a Disney rookie, he has no idea whats in store. Last time I went stayed in Alligator Bayou, kinda hoping to stay there again, while the Magnolia Bend area looks nice I kinda like all the shrubs, bridges and all that of AB, plus the smaller pools around the room as long as your quiet they don't care if your in late at night. Last year would get back from a park and go down to the pool at 1am and would just be so peaceful, resort cast members walking past didn't say anything about being in at that hour or anything. Walking from your room to catch a bus to any of the parks never seemed too far of a walk ( It was a longer walk to get breakfast than it was to get a bus for me last time ) Part of me wants to try a new resort but part of me totally loves this one. Granted I know this isn't a question but its a few things I noticed last time I stayed that may help answer something someone else may have wondered.

One question I do have, when it comes to a room will a single king bed can't remember or not but are they only in the Alligator Bayou section or do they have them in the Magnolia Bend area as well ?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts