Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Glad you have been enjoying your stay. Have you had a chance to look for ramps or level entries to some of of the buildings near you and Magnolia Bend yet?

I just returned from POR yesterday. Stayed in Alligator Bayeau in bldg 16 room 1603 was adjacent to a ramp that went right out to path leading to parking area. Standard room a short walk to buses and lobby.

Have reservation to return week of Christmas but thinking of canceling its just going to be crazy crowded. It seemed crowded this past week and I can't imagine it with twice the crowds!

Tim Tracker posted a vlog of a POR Resort tour on YouTube today. He showed some of the Fall festival food he sampled there too.

Tim Tracker posted a vlog of a POR Resort tour on YouTube today. He showed some of the Fall festival food he sampled there too.

I saw that!

We are staying at POFQ, but I can’t wait to check out POR while we are there. It looks like a beautiful resort!

I keep reading that the buses aren't great at POR. We are heading there tomorrow and plan to use buses as our main mode of transportation. How much extra time should we add in to catch a bus to the parks?
Thanks!

I keep reading that the buses aren't great at POR. We are heading there tomorrow and plan to use buses as our main mode of transportation. How much extra time should we add in to catch a bus to the parks?
Thanks!

Honestly, I've only had a long wait a few times, and usually it was after the fireworks at MK. I feel like that's pretty common, no matter where you stay.

I agree; Riverside seems to be right in line with all the other hotels, but yes, getting back after fireworks sometimes seems to take longer than Pop, say.

Thanks!

I have been hearing of slightly longer waits than usual over the past couple of weeks, someone mentioned they are a bit short staffed in transportation but I don't know how true that is. Maybe give yourself an extra 15 minutes or so, just in case, while you assess whether you think it's necessary.

Andre

I have been hearing of slightly longer waits than usual over the past couple of weeks, someone mentioned they are a bit short staffed in transportation but I don't know how true that is. Maybe give yourself an extra 15 minutes or so, just in case, while you assess whether you think it's necessary.

Andre

I give myself at least an hour before ADRs or FPs, just so I'm not rushing or worrying about it. I'd do that no matter where I was staying.

Are Garden View rooms in any specific set of buildings or could it be anywhere? TIA!

They can be anywhere. A good place to look is either PortOrleans.org or Touringplans.com. Both of those sites have good maps showing where "Garden View" rooms are located.

I'll be visiting WDW for the first time ever in Jan, and I'll be staying here. There's soo much information...it's a bit overwhelming lol.

Yay for your first 'World trip! Ask any questions you have, and don't worry, it really does seem overwhelming, but there is a knack to planning and once you get it, it's a lot more manageable. Dis is the right place to hang out and learn!

We are on our way to WDW right now. I had requested a room in the Magnolia Bend section. I just got the text that we are in Alligator Bayou. We have stayed in Magnolia Bend many times. I love the feel of the rooms. Looking at the pics of Alligator Bayou, the rooms look older. Am I going to hate it? What are the chances of getting a room in Magnolia Bend if I call?

We are on our way to WDW right now. I had requested a room in the Magnolia Bend section. I just got the text that we are in Alligator Bayou. We have stayed in Magnolia Bend many times. I love the feel of the rooms. Looking at the pics of Alligator Bayou, the rooms look older. Am I going to hate it? What are the chances of getting a room in Magnolia Bend if I call?

I'd wait until you actually see the room in person - you may decide you like it.

Just returned from our trip which included a 2 night stay in a Royal room! Had a great time! Did online check-in and were able to bypass the front desk and went straight to our room- hasn't always worked in the past.

Whats the best request to make for garden Royal room? Close to main building, quiet. Is one building better than another?

Also are dogs allowed in the Royal rooms? We love pups but would like to avoid the dog rooms. TY

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!