Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Just saw the mention of refurbishment at PORS starting in July. We are going to be there for 11 days in August and have a Riverview room booked (had to book Riverview room to get the bounceback offer). We would like the preferred section at AB but not sure if that can happen. We've only ever stayed AB section and love it, although I'm sure we'd like the Mansion area too. Does anyone know what section of AB they are starting refurbishments in? TIA

I see only a scheduled soft goods maintenance at POFQ Jan - Apr 2018. No mention of POR.

http://www.portorleans.org/rehab.php

I see only a scheduled soft goods maintenance at POFQ Jan - Apr 2018. No mention of POR.

http://www.portorleans.org/rehab.php

I read this on portorleans.org

Once French Quarter is complete, refurbishment will commence on Riverside’s Alligator Bayou section in July 2018, and finally the Riverside Magnolia Bend mansion buildings will complete the project in 2019.

Since we are going in August, I'm wondering about the AB section (since it says they are starting in July in AB).

By August they should be underway with Alligator Bayou, maybe even the first building or two might be complete? Should be no impact on guests though, it will be done building-by-building.

Andre
Thank you Andre. Any idea what building they will be starting on? Closest to Main Building or further away?

I read this on portorleans.org

Once French Quarter is complete, refurbishment will commence on Riverside’s Alligator Bayou section in July 2018, and finally the Riverside Magnolia Bend mansion buildings will complete the project in 2019.

Since we are going in August, I'm wondering about the AB section (since it says they are starting in July in AB).
Oh wow! Missed this completely. I'm definitely interested too since I'll be there in July and want to avoid construction.

Oh wow! Missed this completely. I'm definitely interested too since I'll be there in July and want to avoid construction.
I guess I'm ok being near construction if we get a room near the main building. We are all adults / not taking mid-day naps, and won't be affected by work during the day. Although we are a family of 4, we always ask for AB as we like the murphy pull down bed (we always book a preferred room in order to get AB), but for our Bounceback offer, we had to book a River View room (still hoping for AB but realize that with construction there will be less AB rooms in their inventory).

Room refurbs shouldn’t affect stay. They close down the building or wing they are working on. We were at Por in Acadian House while the last refurbs in Magnolia Terrace we’re going on, and it was fine.

Room refurbs shouldn’t affect stay. They close down the building or wing they are working on. We were at Por in Acadian House while the last refurbs in Magnolia Terrace we’re going on, and it was fine.
Can you tell me which is closer to the main building / bridge to main building- riverview rooms from Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace? TIA
ETA: How long is the walk from AH or MT to main building? My dad (75) is coming with us.

Can you tell me which is closer to the main building / bridge to main building- riverview rooms from Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace? TIA
ETA: How long is the walk from AH or MT to main building? My dad (75) is coming with us.
If you ask for a location close to Old Man Island foot bridge either building would be equally close. Possibly Magnolia a tad closer. We’ve had both, a river and pool view in Acadian, and a standard view and garden view in a Magnolia. Both locations were in locations close to foot bridge. I’ve never timed the walk but it’s pretty quick. And very pleasant. I also prefer using the bus depot behind the buildings. Either North or East depots.

I didn’t see river view specification lol. On the end of Magnolia Terrace building there are riverview rooms on the quiet pool side of building. These would be closest if your dad doesn’t have problem with stairs cause they aren’t close to the evevator.

If you ask for a location close to Old Man Island foot bridge either building would be equally close. Possibly Magnolia a tad closer. We’ve had both, a river and pool view in Acadian, and a standard view and garden view in a Magnolia. Both locations were in locations close to foot bridge. I’ve never timed the walk but it’s pretty quick. And very pleasant. I also prefer using the bus depot behind the buildings. Either North or East depots.

Hi, Sue.

We have a standard room booked at POR this summer. We’d like a room in the mansions vs. AB. Which mansion would you recommend for pretty close access to the footbridge? Magnolia? The last time I stayed at POR was when it was still called Dixie Landings so it’s been awhile and my memory is fuzzy of the resort size and layout. Thank you!

Hi, Sue.

We have a standard room booked at POR this summer. We’d like a room in the mansions vs. AB. Which mansion would you recommend for pretty close access to the footbridge? Magnolia? The last time I stayed at POR was when it was still called Dixie Landings so it’s been awhile and my memory is fuzzy of the resort size and layout. Thank you!
Yes probably Magnolia on quiet pool side. Our standard room was in the back of the side facing quiet pool toward parking lot.
I find the POR room assignors really good. 5 days before arrival I send a fax (also note on room res) requesting a location close to Old Man Island foot bridge no matter which room category I have booked. They have been great at giving me a good location in each category.

Yes probably Magnolia on quiet pool side. Our standard room was in the back of the side facing quiet pool toward parking lot.
I find the POR room assignors really good. 5 days before arrival I send a fax (also note on room res) requesting a location close to Old Man Island foot bridge no matter which room category I have booked. They have been great at giving me a good location in each category.

Thanks, Sue!

I'm definitely interested too since I'll be there in July and want to avoid construction.

There won't be any construction, these are just in-room refresh updates, no major external work other than perhaps touching up paintwork while they've got a building closed. The biggest thing is probably the change from carpet to hard floor.

Andre

Can you tell me which is closer to the main building / bridge to main building- riverview rooms from Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace?

Kinda depends on which River View room you get, where in the building it is located, but generally Magnolia Terrace (and that building has the absolute closest rooms if you happen to get the northern wing end). The walks (across the bridge via Ol' Man Island) to the food court door start at about 230 yards for the closest rooms up to a max of about 360 yards.

Andre

There won't be any construction, these are just in-room refresh updates, no major external work other than perhaps touching up paintwork while they've got a building closed. The biggest thing is probably the change from carpet to hard floor.

Andre
Oh yay!!:dogdance:

Husband and I will be arriving for a week 7/2. We will have three boys with us. 12,15, and 7. Should we book preferred room or pool view? Both have advantages. If we book pool is there a building to request that could potentially be closer to main building?

Husband and I will be arriving for a week 7/2. We will have three boys with us. 12,15, and 7. Should we book preferred room or pool view? Both have advantages. If we book pool is there a building to request that could potentially be closer to main building?

If you book Pool View there are six rooms that fall into that category within building 18 (which is one of the buildings that contain the Preferred Rooms too), plus there are also some very nearby in 16 which are just as convenient. Of course it's not guaranteed you will get those, but you can always put in a request.

Andre

If you book Pool View there are six rooms that fall into that category within building 18 (which is one of the buildings that contain the Preferred Rooms too), plus there are also some very nearby in 16 which are just as convenient. Of course it's not guaranteed you will get those, but you can always put in a request.

Andre

Thanks for your reply! Do I put in the request with my TA or will the fax be better?

Thanks for your reply! Do I put in the request with my TA or will the fax be better?
We booked our most recent POR reservation through a TA and they put in the request for us. We got exactly what we requested so I know that the TA's request went through. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter