Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

My son and I are staying POR at the end of September. Is there an internal bus service between POR and POFQ? I'm not a fan of the breakfast options at POR. Also I'm interested in checking our POFQ. Thanks.
The walk would only take about 10 minutes from the Magnolia side or about 15 minutes from the Bayou side. It would be much shorter to walk than to wait for the bus to go around or the ferry, which can fill up quickly and you may need to wait for the next (and I think the ferry doesn't start running until 10 am, which would not make it feasible to go for breakfast unless you are not planning on having breakfast until 10:30). It's a very pretty walk along the Sassagoula. If you plan to walk a lot from POR, as long as you don't have a Preferred or 5th Sleeper room booked, you can request the Magnolia side for quicker access.

We love POR and have always stayed there with our family of 5 in Alligator Bayou. Now that my kids are older 21, 17, 17 (we’ve not been back for 4 years) how would we all fit. It does say 5 adults can stay, but I thought that one of the beds was now a pull down bed that only fits a small child. My boys are all 6’ tall!

We love POR and have always stayed there with our family of 5 in Alligator Bayou. Now that my kids are older 21, 17, 17 (we’ve not been back for 4 years) how would we all fit. It does say 5 adults can stay, but I thought that one of the beds was now a pull down bed that only fits a small child. My boys are all 6’ tall!

We would not be able to do 5 with those ages in one room at POR AB even with the small pull down.

We would not be able to do 5 with those ages in one room at POR AB even with the small pull down.

Right, that’s why I was confused when POR came up when I put in for a hotel search for my family. I can’t wrap my head around where everyone would sleep. It actually says sleeps 5 adults! Where? How?

Right, that’s why I was confused when POR came up when I put in for a hotel search for my family. I can’t wrap my head around where everyone would sleep. It actually says sleeps 5 adults! Where? How?

I'm sure people have done it but what about the bathroom, showers and such. Just way too small.

I'm sure people have done it but what about the bathroom, showers and such. Just way too small.

I would agree with this without a doubt if I was looking for a place to stay for my entire vacation; however, this time I only need two nights before we move offsite with extended family. I’m thinking about a few options... POR was one if we could all fit! We love it there! Just not sure where they expect the 5th adult sized person to sleep. Surely it’s not the kid sized pull down bed?!?

I would agree with this without a doubt if I was looking for a place to stay for my entire vacation; however, this time I only need two nights before we move offsite with extended family. I’m thinking about a few options... POR was one if we could all fit! We love it there! Just not sure where they expect the 5th adult sized person to sleep. Surely it’s not the kid sized pull down bed?!?

I know of an adult who did use the pull down bed, but they weren't that tall. I think that is the determining factor is if you have someone who could fit or not.

Has anyone done the Dockside drawing class? Thinking of doing this with my daughter. Is it something a child can do?
I didn’t do the class, but I walked past the class on a very warm and sunny March day and couldn’t help but notice the complete lack of shade. Everyone looked hot and sweaty trying to concentrate on their art project. I felt sorry for the kids.

You would not all fit on the bedding provided, the fold-down bed is fine for adults up to about 5' 6" or so, but not much taller than that.

Andre

You would not all fit on the bedding provided, the fold-down bed is fine for adults up to about 5' 6" or so, but not much taller than that.

Andre

Ok, that’s good to know. I’m only 5’2” so if necessary, DH and the boys could share and I could go on the pull down. Not ideal, but nice to know it could be worked out for a couple of days if needed.

Ok, that’s good to know. I’m only 5’2” so if necessary, DH and the boys could share and I could go on the pull down.

Another option is to bring/buy a cheap inflatable single mattress, which will comfortably fit beside one of the existing beds and may be easier. The resort will provide covers/pillows/etc.

Andre

Another option is to bring/buy a cheap inflatable single mattress, which will comfortably fit beside one of the existing beds and may be easier. The resort will provide covers/pillows/etc.

Andre
We also took the mattress down off the Murphy bed at CBR (long story about my picky kid!) - could probably do that here as well and just put on the floor but provide more foot room. That said, five people in those rooms will be cramped... not a ton of storage in the non-refurbed version (can’t speak to the refurb).

I've never made a room request before, but I would like to have a renovated room for our June trip. There are five of us and USB ports and space under the bed will help a lot. Is there a specific way to phrase this request (i.e. just say renovated room or actually request a certain building)? Also I have read different things about the timing of the request. Is five days from check-in a good time-frame? TIA

I've never made a room request before, but I would like to have a renovated room for our June trip. There are five of us and USB ports and space under the bed will help a lot. Is there a specific way to phrase this request (i.e. just say renovated room or actually request a certain building)? Also I have read different things about the timing of the request. Is five days from check-in a good time-frame? TIA

3-5 days is fine. Phrase your request just as you have here, that you'd like a renovated room please. By June, I would think a good 50-60% of the available 5-people (Alligator Bayou) rooms will be done anyway, so you stand a good chance. Just as long as you haven't booked a Preferred Location room though, it's unlikely they will be done by then.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter