Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I would pop in and let people know that I received an email today for my upcoming trip, and it said If you’re hungry for a snack while at your Resort, head to Roaring Fork (open from 6 a.m. until 11:59 p.m.)." I assume that means the rumored 7/1 date for it to reopen is happening (if not before- I'm not sure if this is for the 6/28 or 6/30 part of my split stay...) It looks like Roaring Forks will be open by 7/1!

Thanks for posting the info! So glad to hear that, we will be checking in 8/23, and I plan on doing QS for breakfast. All my daughter wants for breakfast whenever we are at Disney is Mickey Waffles. So glad it sounds like Roaring Forks will be open for our stay, I was keeping my fingers crossed that both the pool and Roaring Forks would be open by our August trip. :beach:

I love Roaring Forks - hands down the best pizza flatbreads in Disney in my opinion.

We just returned from a wonderful stay at Wilderness Lodge (BRV section) and I can now say, I see why so many people love it! We were in room 1502, so directly inside the door closest to the bus stop! And our patio was facing the section of the Lodge that I believe is yet to be opened? We LOVED our room location. At first I was bummed about the 1st floor, as we do enjoy our balcony quite a bit. But the ease of getting to everything quickly made up for it! Even on the first floor, it was still very private, and quite wooded around that area. And oh, the lobbies.... we actually didn't even go to the lobby part of BRV until about day 3, but it is so nice and cozy. I am in LOVE!

Our experiences with the buses were wonderful. They were quick and efficient and it didn't seem like we waited long for any location. And because of our easy our room was to get to, we never even attempted the boat to MK. My 9 year old daughter has a little anxiety about boats in general, so it worked our perfectly for us. Sometimes we shared with Contemp, and sometimes with Ft Wilderness, but I couldn't really pick up a pattern, rhyme or reason. We never shared on the way to a park first thing in the AM.

We loved the pool and the kids splash area. I think this was their favorite out of any resort we've tried. We took advantage of seeing the Water Parade and the outdoor movies one night. Geyser Point had yummy food, and was always quick and fresh. MUCH preferred over the chaos of the value resort food courts we have experienced in the past. The cast members we encountered all around the resort were so wonderful. We had quite a bit of rain, and my girls loved playing games and coloring with the activities staff inside the lobby during our mid day breaks. We also loved Pin trading in the lobby! We did get the cute little set of construction pins in our room when we checked in.

I literally can not think of one little thing that would have made our stay any better. It was so wonderful!!!! Thank you to this board for all the helpful tips and hints about this beautiful resort!!!
Question about the first floor patio... is it enclosed or open? I ask because I have 2 small children and if it's open and I can't "contain" them, we will definitely request upper floor with a balcony and railings. TIA :)

So today I received my second email about the upcoming trip. This one is definitely for the 6/30 arrival, so that means that the last one was for 6/28. This email also has Roaring Forks open as the QS. So now I am wondering if it will be open for the 6/28 portion?

We were resort hopping when we were here in Apr, checked out WL....well 2 months later, bought more points (starting my addiction) to Copper Creek. Cannot WAIT till we are here for a split stay with our beloved Boardwalk. Absolutely loved the look of this place and we could not leave. Skipped out our evening at AK just to sit and enjoy!

We will arrive on April 23 until ending our stay on May 5. Already started on page one to read up on all of this information to pass my time until we are back home!

Thanks Kook for all you do on this thread and the Boardwalk as well!

So today I received my second email about the upcoming trip. This one is definitely for the 6/30 arrival, so that means that the last one was for 6/28. This email also has Roaring Forks open as the QS. So now I am wondering if it will be open for the 6/28 portion?
For an update on Roaring Fork check out our Facebook page. New update posted today.

Hello. We are a family of 5. Kids will be 7, 5 and 20 months at the time of our trip. I have not booked this hotel yet but I was wondering if there is space for a pack n play in the room with 2 queen beds? Will we be very cramped? Thank you!

I saw! The timeline seems to fit with the emails I received. Very excited it looks like it will be open!

Glad to see it's gonna be open for you guys! That email raised my hopes too but I had also gotten a separate one saying it was closed. I'm curious what the menu will be like, we ate at Geyser Point a whole lot this past trip so I hope it's just as good.

Hello. We are a family of 5. Kids will be 7, 5 and 20 months at the time of our trip. I have not booked this hotel yet but I was wondering if there is space for a pack n play in the room with 2 queen beds? Will we be very cramped? Thank you!

We had a full size crib in our room with 2 queen beds last month. We weren't using the second bed...we just have 1 child (18 months at the time of the trip). We moved the table and chairs to the other side of the TV and put the crib where the table and chairs had been. It was a little tight, but we still had room to walk around the crib.

I was hoping some to get some information on the new barbecue pavillions that are being put in with gas grills? Does anyone have any information on them? 10 of us will be staying at Boulder Ridge in November and thought that would be fun to have a cookout one night. Thank you :)

Glad to see it's gonna be open for you guys! That email raised my hopes too but I had also gotten a separate one saying it was closed. I'm curious what the menu will be like, we ate at Geyser Point a whole lot this past trip so I hope it's just as good.
I will report back during the trip and let you know what I can...

Hello all!
im very excited to return to the lodge for the first time in probably 7-8 years. It was one of my favorite resorts, and I'm thrilled to be returning. We'll be there sept 28-oct 1.
Quick question on the coffee makers for the regular hotel rooms. (We usually stay at a villa, so going back to a hotel room will be a change haha) is it still the pod style coffee maker with the little disc-size pods? Or is it more like the K-cups?
We always bring our own coffee, and I remember the disc pods being a pain to find, even a few years ago.

Hello all!
im very excited to return to the lodge for the first time in probably 7-8 years. It was one of my favorite resorts, and I'm thrilled to be returning. We'll be there sept 28-oct 1.
Quick question on the coffee makers for the regular hotel rooms. (We usually stay at a villa, so going back to a hotel room will be a change haha) is it still the pod style coffee maker with the little disc-size pods? Or is it more like the K-cups?
We always bring our own coffee, and I remember the disc pods being a pain to find, even a few years ago.

It was still the little pods as of February.

Hello all!

They do have some on Amazon last I checked. I can't tell you if they're any good, though. I just use what they have as a means to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts