Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are dormer balconies on the 6th floor for rooms 6031 t0 6004. Room 6042 would have a regular balcony. The top floors of each section have the dormer balconies. There are a few random enclosed balconies, too, on other floors.

You might want to add that you don't want a dormer balcony just in case the room you requested isn't available.
Perfect thank you

Staying for the first time in Nov as a recent DVC resale buyer! Can. Not. WAIT!

Question: does the Lodge sell distilled water? My husband needs it for his CPAP. TIA!

When we were there in Dec 2015 I asked at the Merchantile if they sold distilled water, because I had seen it at some other resort shops, but not at WL. They explained they do have it, it is kept in the back and you have to ask for it. Gallon size containers.

I will assume this hasn't changed, as it is a pretty standard thing to need, for CPAP and other reasons, though you never know.

SW

Can you see fireworks from the CCV side? I was going to request 4 th floor. Views don't really matter but fireworks would be a nice bonus.

You won't have as nice of a fireworks view from the South wing (CCV side) because the North wing blocks the view. You might catch a glimpse of some from a higher floor, inner courtyard view room (which would have a north facing balcony), but there is a building in the way that you'd be looking over. You can also walk over and see them from the North wing or other areas around the resort.

I'm working on our trip schedule for the last weekend in Sep. is there a guess as to what the pool hours will be for that time of year? I know it's all subject to change, but I'm looking for a vague idea. There's no quiet pool at WL is there? I know those are usually open late or 24 hours

We drove from WL to Poly last month and it only took 5 minutes. Have been going to Disney for years, this is the first time I drove anywhere. Was worth it. Bag check too much of a pain to take boat to MK and the boat to Poly.

I'm working on our trip schedule for the last weekend in Sep. is there a guess as to what the pool hours will be for that time of year? I know it's all subject to change, but I'm looking for a vague idea. There's no quiet pool at WL is there? I know those are usually open late or 24 hours

What's often referred to as a "quiet pool" is just a pool without water features - aka a slide. WL does have one of those - the newly opened Boulder Ridge Cove pool that replaced the old Hidden Springs "quiet pool". Both are gated though and likely to close.

What's often referred to as a "quiet pool" is just a pool without water features - aka a slide. WL does have one of those - the newly opened Boulder Ridge Cove pool that replaced the old Hidden Springs "quiet pool". Both are gated though and likely to close.

The posted hours at the new Boulder Ridge Cove Pool are 7am - 11pm. The hours are etched onto the "Pool Rules" sign. I have a photo of it, but since the Photobucket issue, I haven't figured out how to post photos here!

Kind of an odd question: what kind of eggs would be broken along the paved path between the lodge and the campground? On Thursday, I started out very early (still dark) and ran the path to the campground, around the campground a few miles, then back. On the way back, it was now early daylight and I saw several broken eggs along the paved path--I could see the yellow yokes and crushed white shells. They appeared to be slightly smaller than eggs from the grocery store.

A few hours later, around ten am, we walked the path again and they were gone (Disney maintenance?)

I ran the same path again on Saturday and again saw the broken eggs on the path.

Any ideas on what kind of eggs they might be? And who/what broke them? I will say that when I ran again on Saturday in the total darkness, I remembered the broken eggs from Thursday and my imagination ran wild!

Kind of an odd question: what kind of eggs would be broken along the paved path between the lodge and the campground? On Thursday, I started out very early (still dark) and ran the path to the campground, around the campground a few miles, then back. On the way back, it was now early daylight and I saw several broken eggs along the paved path--I could see the yellow yokes and crushed white shells. They appeared to be slightly smaller than eggs from the grocery store.

A few hours later, around ten am, we walked the path again and they were gone (Disney maintenance?)

I ran the same path again on Saturday and again saw the broken eggs on the path.

Any ideas on what kind of eggs they might be? And who/what broke them? I will say that when I ran again on Saturday in the total darkness, I remembered the broken eggs from Thursday and my imagination ran wild!

They could be from a duck nest that got raised by a coon or skunk maybe...

I was thinking the same thing as previous poster...a duck nest...or something like that. Hopefully it wasn't an alligator nest....:eek:

Staying for the first time in Nov as a recent DVC resale buyer! Can. Not. WAIT!

Question: does the Lodge sell distilled water? My husband needs it for his CPAP. TIA!
I've found distilled water to purchase at every resort. Sometimes I've needed to ask for it at the gift shop, but they're always able to bring some out for me. Recently I've just started adding a gallon on with our grocery order because it's just easier than an extra stop in the gift shop.

Has your husband asked about the possibility of using regular bottled water for a few nights for travel? Both myself and one of my kids sleep with CPAP, and I've been told it's ok for me to use the regular bottled water. Distilled water isn't readily available everywhere in the world, and I was told it won't damage my machine if I do it occasionally for short term use (but to use distilled anytime it is possible). Our child who needs CPAP has to use distilled water, though, due to other respiratory conditions and susceptibility to infections, so occasional bottled water isn't for everyone. It's worth asking, though, if your husband ever travels somewhere where distilled water isn't available.

You won't have as nice of a fireworks view from the South wing (CCV side) because the North wing blocks the view. You might catch a glimpse of some from a higher floor, inner courtyard view room (which would have a north facing balcony), but there is a building in the way that you'd be looking over. You can also walk over and see them from the North wing or other areas around the resort.

For those of us staying in a room without a good fireworks view, who wish to watch them from inside [no bugs!], is there a particular spot in the North wing that is recommended, and if so how does one get to it ?

Also, for watching the EWP and fireworks from down at the former beach at Geyser Point... how are the bugs that time of night ? Or does Disney do a good job of getting rid of most of them ? A couple years ago we watched from the FW beach and the bugs were tolerable; in contrast to the GF dock which seemed to be a "bug magnet" and made for unpleasant viewing...

Thanks !

SW

For those of us staying in a room without a good fireworks view, who wish to watch them from inside [no bugs!], is there a particular spot in the North wing that is recommended, and if so how does one get to it ?

Also, for watching the EWP and fireworks from down at the former beach at Geyser Point... how are the bugs that time of night ? Or does Disney do a good job of getting rid of most of them ? A couple years ago we watched from the FW beach and the bugs were tolerable; in contrast to the GF dock which seemed to be a "bug magnet" and made for unpleasant viewing...

Thanks !

SW
There is a great view from the hallway window that is closest to the elevator in the North wing. Just take the elevator that is closest to Roaring Forks up to the fourth floor or higher and go down the hall toward the left as you get off the elevator. These windows are very close to the elevator. You'll have to open the window shutters to get the good view, but don't worry, they won't say a word about it. :) You can even see the low fireworks from these windows. Rule of thumb is if you can see the castle then you can see the fireworks. :)

We watched the fireworks from Geyser Point in March and it wasn't too buggy. The nice thing is that they pipe in the music at Geyser Point. But the view isn't as good as from the north wing hallway window.

There is a great view from the hallway window that is closest to the elevator in the North wing. Just take the elevator that is closest to Roaring Forks up to the fourth floor or higher and go down the hall toward the left as you get off the elevator. These windows are very close to the elevator. You'll have to open the window shutters to get the good view, but don't worry, they won't say a word about it. :) You can even see the low fireworks from these windows. Rule of thumb is if you can see the castle then you can see the fireworks. :)

We watched the fireworks from Geyser Point in March and it wasn't too buggy. The nice thing is that they pipe in the music at Geyser Point. But the view isn't as good as from the north wing hallway window.

Totally agree... here's the view looking out that corner on the 7th floor (which is restricted to CL guests, but the floors below this would be open to all). Obviously a bit dated given the construction level here, but it would be a pretty darn good fireworks view. If you're good with YouTube and sync up the soundtrack on your phone (which is a bit tricky to do but possible), this would be a pretty cool spot!

View from 7th floor Windows.jpeg

w

Thank you !

We will be there 3 nights (but one is MVMCP for us), so perhaps we will do one night at each location ;-)

SW

We are staying CL in September. We are requesting bunks due to our two boys. Do they have bunks on the fireworks side of WL CL? If not

We are staying CL in September. We are requesting bunks due to our two boys. Do they have bunks on the fireworks side of WL CL? If not
We our staying CL at the end of Dec/beginning of Nov - I put in a request for a room with bunk beds facing MK for our girls ... DSS acknowledged receipt of my request. However I didn't see any CL bunk rooms listed on the touring plans room
finder ... so I am curious about this too! Hopefully someone can confirm either way :flower3:

We our staying CL at the end of Dec/beginning of Nov - I put in a request for a room with bunk beds facing MK for our girls ... DSS acknowledged receipt of my request. However I didn't see any CL bunk rooms listed on the touring plans room
finder ... so I am curious about this too! Hopefully someone can confirm either way :flower3:

I'm not sure if there are bunk beds on the fireworks side, but I made bunkbeds my only request for my CL stay last week, and received room 7059, which had bunkbeds. It was a courtyard view--way inside the courtyard so not really a view of the pool (which was a good thing, imo, because I worried about noise.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter