Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if they have a lot of ball-throwing in the new quiet pool at WL? When we stayed at BWI last summer there were people throwing full size footballs in the quiet pool which I did not find relaxing (I was afraid of getting beaned in the head with the ball! o_O)

Just returned Saturday from a week at CC. We visited the new pool twice. One time there was a father and son having a catch, it was a small ball and they were off to the side avoiding everyone. It is a really nice pool, loved the theming. We were surprised there were no lifeguards.

Have you stayed in the Deluxe rooms? To me they look a bit lackluster - and maybe poorly laid out? I'd almost rather book two rooms and forgo the CL services. But maybe that is just my impression.

Have you stayed in the Deluxe rooms? To me they look a bit lackluster - and maybe poorly laid out? I'd almost rather book two rooms and forgo the CL services. But maybe that is just my impression.

I have stayed in a Deluxe Room. I felt the living room area, when the queen sleeper is pulled out, is too cramped and I would have preferred two standard connecting rooms with two bathrooms rather than one Jack and Jill-style. I'm glad I was able to experience it, but we were only three in the room and it still felt very cramped in the living room and I prefer being on the same floor as the CL. The master bedroom was very roomy, however.

I could not agree with @WDWKOOK more. I posted almost the same thing on the CL thread after we stayed in one last November. I am pretty sure that I wrote "in retrospect, I'd rather have two standard connecting rooms than stay in a Deluxe Room again."

We were four (two adults, one 6 and one 2 year old) and we felt ON TOP OF each other. It's really not the best layout and the furniture is quite large/bulky for the size of the room. It just didn't "flow" well for us.

That, plus 1) no view, and 2) it's the furtherst possible room from everything! I really wanted to love it as we're pretty easy travelers and don't really find fault in a lot of things, it just didn't work for our style, if I'm being honest. 2 minute, 40 second walk to the CL lounge? No thank you for me.

I can post a link to my pics if needed. Sorry that's a bit of a Debbie Downer post.

KOOK- page one looks spectacular! You are the best. It looks brighter than I remember. Did you use a lighter background color? I love all the pictures and there's so much info!
Even though we are not staying here on our upcoming October trip, I wanted my 1,000th post to be on this thread. When I was so sad about having to postpone our 2012 trip because of my back, you and the other regulars here were a great source of comfort, as well as information and a shared love of WL.
Thank you!!

So, the water tank and crane are part of the theming? I've been thinking they were still doing construction! :)
They look like they are from Catastrophe Canyon.
Thanks again! I was drinking coffee from my Bear With Me mug as I was looking at these. I see they've changed them to green, (mine is reddish brown). I guess I'll have to get another! My DD and I talked about making a trip over there this trip, (we are staying for the first time in BWV), and your pictures are making me more determined to find the time!!

Hi...we'll be staying in a deluxe club level room 8/28 through 8/31. It's been a few years since we've stayed at the Lodge and I know there have been lots of changes going on. Last time we stayed we had a view of the woods. Does anyone know what the views are from club level room deluxe rooms.

Thanks!

I'll log your dates and enjoy your stay, @rea59 :)

I could not agree with @WDWKOOK more. I posted almost the same thing on the CL thread after we stayed in one last November. I am pretty sure that I wrote "in retrospect, I'd rather have two standard connecting rooms than stay in a Deluxe Room again."

We were four (two adults, one 6 and one 2 year old) and we felt ON TOP OF each other. It's really not the best layout and the furniture is quite large/bulky for the size of the room. It just didn't "flow" well for us.

That, plus 1) no view, and 2) it's the furtherst possible room from everything! I really wanted to love it as we're pretty easy travelers and don't really find fault in a lot of things, it just didn't work for our style, if I'm being honest. 2 minute, 40 second walk to the CL lounge? No thank you for me.

I can post a link to my pics if needed. Sorry that's a bit of a Debbie Downer post.

Not a DD post at all! We appreciate your candid opinions, based on actual experiences, @GADisneyDad14 :)

KOOK- page one looks spectacular! You are the best. It looks brighter than I remember. Did you use a lighter background color? I love all the pictures and there's so much info!
Even though we are not staying here on our upcoming October trip, I wanted my 1,000th post to be on this thread. When I was so sad about having to postpone our 2012 trip because of my back, you and the other regulars here were a great source of comfort, as well as information and a shared love of WL.
Thank you!!

You're so kind, @bluecastle, thank you. No background change. We are honored to have your 1000th post right here on our little thread. Here's to 1000 more:drinking1:surfweb:

Having just come back I filmed the boat ride from the Wilderness Lodge Boat Dock all the way to the Magic Kingdom so those that were curious or have never experienced it can see what it is all about!

Terrific and thank you for posting it here, @Smittolis! I'm going to add it to the TRANSPORTATION chapter of the thread.

Thank you for so quickly posting all of the requested photos, @GrandCalifornian. I hope to get them all up today - thanks to you - and your patient family. BTW, I am surprised how the resort-branded merchandise is the same now for years, with the addition of some CC merchandise and a new mug.

Last edited:
So, the water tank and crane are part of the theming? I've been thinking they were still doing construction! :)
They look like they are from Catastrophe Canyon.
We were impressed with the lengths they went to with the theming. It is a very nice pool, even though it doesn't have the bubbling springs that the old pool had.

@GrandCalifornian

Thank you so much for the mental boost. Yesterday was a melt down vacation planning day and I was ready to throw in the towel. Your video and pictures are just what the doctor ordered!
You're welcome for the pictures, but we all have @Smittolis to thank for the video.

Here are some morning pictures from the Lodge this morning:
IMG_4267.JPG IMG_4195.JPG IMG_4175.JPG IMG_4159.JPG IMG_4269.JPG IMG_4273.JPG IMG_4277.JPG IMG_4291.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts