Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever done the fireworks cruise? I'm looking for some info and opinions.

Thanks!

@rea59, I've not taken it, but I did a little searching and found THIS FORUM discussed it and they loved it. However, the comments are from 2012.

There is also a 2015 review HERE and 2016 review with photos HERE.

Thanks for posting, @bluecastle and your next trip in October will be here before you know it.

I cut together some footage from our WLV BRV Studio, hopefully it's useful to show the general layout of the studio's....

We are a family of 5 and this was our favorite room of our split stay! Excuse the messy kitchen area, we had a Garden Grocer Delivery to last us 2 weeks!

Very nice and helpful and perfect background music! Thank you, @Smittolis for another great video that I'll be posting to the BRV chapter:)

Thank you :). My Dear Wife and I are retired, DVC at BRV owners. Twice per year, we get to stay in EXACTLY the room(s) you show :).

A couple of hints....

Move the DVR up under the TV, exposing electrical outlets for phones & computers.
Shower: when washing hair, kill, the shower and stick head under full blast bath outlet.... it isn't "choked".
If using the safe.... try to remember to bring a small pen light. There is ZERO closet lighting :(.
Bring a CHEAP power splitter, that will allow your family to make practical use of the limited electrical outlets. HERE is a good choice:

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matter...qid=1503180299&sr=8-7&keywords=power+splitter

Thank you for posting your helpful advice, @Dean Marino :)

I've read the toiletries are changing to this photo and have not seen it posted here. I'm wondering if those that are there now can confirm.
View attachment 262777
A popular WDW news site is reporting that individual toiletries have been replaced at POR by pump bottles attached to the shower wall which now, I realize, is what the query in the post above was actually about. Sound just like a cost-cutting move Disney would make. Now the question remains, if they do this to all the Values and Mods, will they follow suit in Deluxes?

I can do online check in tomorrow. We are staying in a 1 bedroom Villa at Copper Creek.

What are the options for Online check in preferences for CC???

Or should i just wait to check in in person we have to stop at the hotel anyway to get our stroller.

A popular WDW news site is reporting that individual toiletries have been replaced at POR by pump bottles attached to the shower wall which now, I realize, is what the query in the post above was actually about. Sound just like a cost-cutting move Disney would make. Now the question remains, if they do this to all the Values and Mods, will they follow suit in Deluxes?
I had read somewhere that Disney is using building 14 at POR as a test for the new dispensers. The rest of the buildings at POR still have individual bottles.

I really like the two ounce bottles (tubes), so I hope they don't get rid of them. :(

Last edited:

I had read somewhere that Disney is using building 14 at POR as a test for the new dispensers. The rest of the buildings at POR still have individual bottles.

I really like the two ounce bottles tubes), so I hope they don't get rid of them. :(
I, too, enjoy the smaller bottles. My primary concern about using pumps is that this would be one more thing Mousekeepers would have to clean. Evokes a nice image of my high school gym locker showers, though. :rolleyes1

According to some recent posts on another thread, WL is offering Club Level lounge ACCESS to non-CL guests at $99 + tax/room/day. However, it is only available if the number of occupants do not exceed the maximum count the Old Faithful Club can accommodate. For example, if you have four booked in your room and the OFC can only add three more people to their count, CL access will not be offered to your room. It isn't clear how long this "upgrade" will be available. Inquire at the check-in desk.

I can do online check in tomorrow. We are staying in a 1 bedroom Villa at Copper Creek.

What are the options for Online check in preferences for CC???

Or should i just wait to check in in person we have to stop at the hotel anyway to get our stroller.

I don't know what the OCI looks like for a CCV, but you don't want to wait till check-in to make requests. Room/villa assignments are made about 3-5 days prior to arrival. If you don't like the OCI options, you can also call to add your requests directly to your reservation, unless you rented points, then the owner will have to make the requests for you.

There were not alot of selections for CC OCI, when I used it. Upper floor, lower floor, near elevator. I stayed 8/5-8/12, things may have changed slightly, but the choices were few.

Side note, we had a two room villa and got the small bottles of toiletries.

Last edited:
HI, we are going to rent a 2 bedroom villa I was wondering if you can rent cots so the adults can have {privacy}, we were thinking of putting the kids[4] in the living room with the sleeper sofa and 2 cots or air beds

I don't know what the OCI looks like for a CCV, but you don't want to wait till check-in to make requests. Room/villa assignments are made about 3-5 days prior to arrival. If you don't like the OCI options, you can also call to add your requests directly to your reservation, unless you rented points, then the owner will have to make the requests for you.

What is the number to call 5 days before? Is there a direct line or is the number to central reservations?

Exactly! I just brought it up to see if anyone seen the changes at WL, BRV or even CC. Since they just built Copper Creek you would think Disney would have added them there. Not only is this move cost effective but it saves our land fills.:-)

How much are they and is this something I can book online?

Can not be booked online. Call 407-WDW-PLAY to book. Cost is $318.44 (8 people, music not guaranteed); or $371.69 for a Premium (10 people).

Many people find other people/families to split the cost! There used to be a thread on Disboards for that purpose. Not sure if that thread still exists.

HI, we are going to rent a 2 bedroom villa I was wondering if you can rent cots so the adults can have {privacy}, we were thinking of putting the kids[4] in the living room with the sleeper sofa and 2 cots or air beds

You can, but it would have to be from an outside company. The resort does not offer this.

Hello WL lovers! Our first family WDW trip will be this late Nov/ early Dec at Grand Floridian Sugarloaf Club Level, but I'm already planning to Bounceback for early December 2018 at the Wilderness Lodge Club Level! I've been going through this thread and loving it (although 355 pages is A LOT, lol!). I'm now "watching" this thread, and I'm so excited to learn more! :)
Good choice for your BB!! We returned last week from our first CL stay at WL and were very happy :goodvibes

We are here now 1 bedroom villa at Boulder Creek. This has been our home for 16 years. The new pool is lovely and we have been fortunate enough to snag a cabana a couple times.It gets crowded in The afternoon and is definitely not "quiet". Roaring Forks have left us disappointed missing the fresh salads and sandwiches.Geyser Point is a 2 thumbs up for the burgers and bison burger. It hasn't bee overly crowded. I too was worried about the crowds and changes to this beautiful place but for our stay this week it's been very enjoyable.
We were super disappointed in the new RF menu last week also. The choices were much better before the refurb. GP however is :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 like you said!

Can not be booked online. Call 407-WDW-PLAY to book. Cost is $318.44 (8 people, music not guaranteed); or $371.69 for a Premium (10 people).

Many people find other people/families to split the cost! There used to be a thread on Disboards for that purpose. Not sure if that thread still exists.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter