Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good choice for your BB!! We returned last week from our first CL stay at WL and were very happy :goodvibes

We were super disappointed in the new RF menu last week also. The choices were much better before the refurb. GP however is :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 like you said!
Agree that RF has taken a giant step backward. I agree that GP is also a welcome addition; however, they reduced their menu a few weeks back and got rid of the eggs benedict dishes at breakfast and also dropped the most excellent salmon BLT from their lunch/dinner menu. I was in love with GP in early July--now, I'm mildly in like with them.

We were hoping to eat many times at GP next April, we ate there last April and were impressed. Got time to watch the menus...

Agree that RF has taken a giant step backward. I agree that GP is also a welcome addition; however, they reduced their menu a few weeks back and got rid of the eggs benedict dishes at breakfast and also dropped the most excellent salmon BLT from their lunch/dinner menu. I was in love with GP in early July--now, I'm mildly in like with them.
We didn't eat breakfast there last week so admittedly I didn't look at that menu; DH did notice the salmon BLT missing. Hopefully they either add something just as good or at least stop taking away..................

According to some recent posts on another thread, WL is offering Club Level lounge ACCESS to non-CL guests at $99 + tax/room/day. However, it is only available if the number of occupants do not exceed the maximum count the Old Faithful Club can accommodate. For example, if you have four booked in your room and the OFC can only add three more people to their count, CL access will not be offered to your room. It isn't clear how long this "upgrade" will be available. Inquire at the check-in desk.

Now that they don't have my favorite Mickey waffles, this is a bit tempting... although we won't be going back until at least next year.

What is the number to call 5 days before? Is there a direct line or is the number to central reservations?

Yes, CRO or through your TA if you booked that way. The 3-5 day point is when the resort Room Assignor assigns the room. Best to have your requests noted in your reservation when you book or at least one week prior to arrival.

A popular WDW news site is reporting that individual toiletries have been replaced at POR by pump bottles attached to the shower wall which now, I realize, is what the query in the post above was actually about. Sound just like a cost-cutting move Disney would make. Now the question remains, if they do this to all the Values and Mods, will they follow suit in Deluxes?

A plus to big bottles is if you really like a product you could bring an empty bottle and fill it up to take home! :rolleyes1 Personally I don't like the smell of the sea salt so I bring my own products.

We just got back from another great stay at WL. As we mentioned before, we are so impressed with the additions to the resort and how well everything ties together. Geyser Point is a huge plus, and Roaring Fork is still nice, although we do miss our waffle toppings.

One thing we looked at while we were there is that they did with the rooms that open to the lobby on the South (CCV) side. We found that they added a villas laundry room on the 4th floor on the East end of the rooms over the registration desk. Unfortunately this is accessible to Villas guests only (and yes, I tried my Magic Band).
WL_Laundry1.jpg WL_CC_Laundry_Lobby.jpg WL_Laundry3.jpg

It is also interesting to note that the former guest rooms next to this room (the 4th floor former Standard View rooms over the registration desk) are no longer in use. These rooms had a poor view from the balconies due to the roofline of the adjacent building. They do not have room numbers now, and have Cast Members Only signs on them. The sliding glass windows have been blacked out as well. The rooms above them on the 5th, 6th, and 7th floor appear to be in use.
WL_4th_Floor_Closed_Rooms.jpg WL_Closed_Rooms_Front.jpg WL_Lobby_South_Outside.jpg

I got a couple of pics with the doors open as a CM went in / out one morning. It appears they are being used for storage.
WL_Closed_Room_Door1.jpg WL_Closed_Rooms_Door2.jpg

An interesting question to me is what became of the old honeymoon rooms on the South side 7th floor. The doors are still there and numbered 7095 and 7096. I haven't seen a CCV Villa Floorpan that indicates what was done with these.
WL_CC_Honeymoon.jpg

Finally, the "Bear Face" rooms on the South side of the lobby on floors 4 and 5 appear to have been converted to a studio and a 1 bedroom, which connect to form a two bedroom lockoff. The Studio is the room closest to the center of the lobby (4103 or 5103) and the 1 bedroom is South of it (4105 or 5105).
I see these as very desirable Copper Creek Villas.
WL_CCV_BearFace.jpg

@GrandCalifornian Incredible info, thank you for sharing...and glad you had a great trip. Question, did you happen to check out the 7th floor / get any pics of the CL access gate? I've been curious as to what that space/walkway that connects to the CL lounge on the north side ended up looking like post construction. TIA!

@GrandCalifornian Incredible info, thank you for sharing...and glad you had a great trip. Question, did you happen to check out the 7th floor / get any pics of the CL access gate? I've been curious as to what that space/walkway that connects to the CL lounge on the north side ended up looking like post construction. TIA!
Thanks, and I'm glad to share. I took a bunch of pictures so the only hard part is finding the ones I know I took...

Here is the gate on the 7th floor, South side that divides the CL from the rest of the 7th floor.
WL_CL_South_Gate.jpg
WL_CL_South_Gate_2b.jpg

The open stairway on the South side is now unobstructed, and accessible to everyone.
WL_7th_Floor_SouthStairs_Top_b.jpg

By comparison, the open stairway on the North side of the lobby still has the gate on the 6th floor that prevents you from accessing CL from there.
WL_CL_6th_Floor_Gate.jpg

This means that the lobby elevators and South Wing elevators now allow full access to the 7th floor for everyone, but the North Wing ones by Roaring Fork still require scanning a valid card or Magic Band to access the 7th floor.

@GrandCalifornian Love it, exactly what I was hoping for. So it looks like they added some more CL lounge seating in that "crossover" area. That part was behind walls when I was there in Nov/Dec last year right after the new lounge opened.

That is great that the lounge is accessible via the south elevators again.

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

We're staying at CCV in the middle of September for a week. Whats the best grocery service to use? Or should we just take an uber to the store? Never stayed in a DVC this long without a car before haha.
Thanks.

We use Garden Grocer.

I just made a spreadsheet doing a side by side comparison of the prices for the things we want to order from Garden Grocer, Amazon Prime Now, and Instacart. For just the item prices, not taking into account delivery fees etc, Amazon Prime Now was almost always the cheapest, and Instacart almost always the most expensive.

I suggest doing a similar comparison of the things you want to order.

For our next trip we will probably order from both Garden Grocer and Amazon Prime Now as each has things the other does not.

SW

Hi all,

We are leaving tomorrow for WL, we have not stayed in WL in 2 years, so we are excited to see how the place looks since the renovations, the new pool... I'll check in while we are down there, not so thrilled about the weather forecast! :worried:

FL.PNG

Let me know if there is anything you would like me to check out & i'll be sure to post some pictures! :D Marina

PS will also be doing a live dining report on the dining reviews boards this is our first time OOP;

https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...-oop-live-dining-report-august-23-28.3628609/

Last edited:
We are leaving tomorrow for WL, we have not stayed in WL in 2 years, so we are excited to see how the place looks since the renovations, the new pool... I'll check in while we are down there, not so thrilled about the weather forecast! :worried:
I hope you have a good trip. At least there are plenty of indoor food choices if you get lots of rain, which I hope you don't get. We've gone down to WDW twice now when hurricanes were expected and managed somehow to dodge the worst of it both times. Good luck. :)

We were there last week, saw the salmon BLT was gone and asked them where that sandwich went. They said it was taken off the menu, but they could still make it for us. Even they were surprised it wasn't on the menu anymore. So twice during our stay, we went down and requested it and they made it no problem. Hopefully it comes back! They still have the salmon for the breakfast bialy bagel thing they have (which was also awesome).
All the CMs there were extremely friendly.

We were there last week, saw the salmon BLT was gone and asked them where that sandwich went. They said it was taken off the menu, but they could still make it for us. Even they were surprised it wasn't on the menu anymore. So twice during our stay, we went down and requested it and they made it no problem. Hopefully it comes back! They still have the salmon for the breakfast bialy bagel thing they have (which was also awesome).
All the CMs there were extremely friendly.
That is good news! After the sandwich was removed, we contacted a manager who told us that given enough lead time, they could make the salmon BLT. I'm happy to see that the ingredients are ready to go, so perhaps they won't need a lot of notice. It was such a good sandwich!

I am looking forward to reading about the differences between the inside the Lodge villas and the Boulder Ridge ones. It is very tempting to be able to stay inside the lodge and still have a 2BR villa. Not so tempting if there is less room or anything else about them that is not as good as BR.

I hope you have a good trip. At least there are plenty of indoor food choices if you get lots of rain, which I hope you don't get. We've gone down to WDW twice now when hurricanes were expected and managed somehow to dodge the worst of
it both times. Good luck. :)

Thanks so much Woodnymph :o

So far it was hot but cloudy when we got here at 12:30. We went to Epcot fir an early dinner and it started raining after we ate at coral reef restaurant (light rain)

image.jpg

Our plan was to go in the new quiet pool for an early evening swim. (our first time in in since the renno) however since there was lightning in the area the pools were closed. Instead my kids made tye-dye Mickey to shirts with the rec department. These girls were great!
image.jpg

I'm hoping for some pool time to tomorrow. Since we are not on the dining plan I did no breakfast ADRs this trip. I'm hoping to have breakfast in our room and our first swim in the new quiet pool. :lovestruc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts