Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're familiar with BRV, then you know what you like about it. The rooms are larger and have higher occupancy than similar ones in CCV. CCV has the advantage of being in the main building (except for the cabins) which is definitely more centrally located. We just love the big main lobby and walking through it on the way to/from our room. BRV can feel like a long walk, especially if you're at the end of the hallway. In general we haven't had noise issues in the main building, but some have complained about lobby and WCC noise for rooms that open to the lobby. The main pool also generates some noise in the afternoons, so lower floors on the North side of the CCV wing might hear more of that. The Boulder Ridge Cove pool is generally much quieter, and still makes for a nice view. You're more likely to have some of a pool view on the CCV side since half of BRV faces away from the pool towards the buses and trees. I would think you would have better luck getting a deal on BRV points now, since CCV is still so new and not fully sold yet. Either way you'll be at the Lodge, which is wonderful. Enjoy your stay!
This makes sense that BR would be larger as they were made as DVC, and CCV are just converted regular rooms. But at CCV you do have more chance for nice view as you have a chance to have a view of either pools. Years ago our first stay at WL was a view of the villas pool/courtyard with some of Bay Lake too. It was lovely and quiet.
Love what they’ve done with Villas Pool. So much nicer. This has become our go to pool. And close to mug refill station too.

The CM checking us into the Old Faithful Club told us that they would be getting rid of the bunk beds when they do the remodel. She said that there wasn't enough demand for them and the older kids didn't want to sleep in them.
That’s surprising because both my daughters loved bunk beds even when they were older children and used to fight over the top bunk lol.

Anecdotally we had a bottom floor CCV Studio directly facing Copper Creek Pool and we never had issue with noise. And we even have light sleeping toddlers that weren't affected by it during afternoon naps.

I've never understood Disney's assumption that everybody is okay sharing a bed with someone who isn't their partner.

I think it's just standard hotel procedure to have two beds that can sleep two people each not that Disney specifically has a stand on making people share a bed. Other than Great Wolf Lodge, I can't think of any other hotels that have bunk beds so people don't have to share.

Is this just in the lobby? They are ruining our favorite game of "guess which door will open first" :-) :flower1:

why have I never thought of this?
I didn’t either. But my friend in connecting room gave me the idea the day we got to the park gate and that’s when I realized I had no MB to scan lol.

I could actually see elimination of "bunk beds"....

You see, having gone to WL twice per year, a good 12 years running.... the "Bunk Bed" Rooms in the Main Lodge were ALWAYS the first to get "discounted".
Our approach, prior to becoming DVC owners at BRV, was to snag these, and never use the "Bunk Bed". Just a party of two (grown children) ?. Those rooms were cheaper, had the one bed we wanted, almost ALWAYS discounted to death....

I suspect that if the WL is going to get rid of "Bunk Bed Rooms" - it's a supply and demand Business Decision.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

I've never understood Disney's assumption that everybody is okay sharing a bed with someone who isn't their partner.

I would think the bunk beds are intended for children, not adults really. I dont know too many hotels that offer beds and layout based on people bunking with people who aren't immediate family that they would be ok with sleeping with. And if not, then you pick a value and get separate rooms if privacy and space, sleeping solo are an issue.

I think that the rooms are too small for a Murphy bed.

It is too bad that they are removing the bunk beds, I'm sure that there are a lot of families that like them. They need to drop the price, though. It doesn't make sense that they charge a high price for the rooms that no one seems to want.

chiming in late but WL is getting rid of the bunk beds? Why? Just putting a queen in place of them?

I'm sure this has been asked a million times... Sorry in advance... Can you see the MK fireworks from the resort? Does not need to be from a room just anywhere on property would be great! We are usually monorail loop people but looking for something different for a quick trip.

I'm sure this has been asked a million times... Sorry in advance... Can you see the MK fireworks from the resort? Does not need to be from a room just anywhere on property would be great! We are usually monorail loop people but looking for something different for a quick trip.

Yes you can. The north facing upper floor rooms may have a view of the fireworks. If you go up the elevators past roaring fork and go up to the 6th floor, turn left and you will see a bank of windows. No music but you can see the fireworks from there. If you want a room view, request a room around 6044.

The CM checking us into the Old Faithful Club told us that they would be getting rid of the bunk beds when they do the remodel. She said that there wasn't enough demand for them and the older kids didn't want to sleep in them.

Did you notice any changes in OFC offerings since your last visit?

Room 6060 last night (these are whatever the Halloween fireworks are) sorry my fireworks pictures are always bad, they look great IRL haha. (This room also has the added benefit of being across from the smokehouse, so the balcony always smells like BBQ)84597474-423A-4EB4-9D8B-55C2F7D64677.jpeg

Room 6060 last night (these are whatever the Halloween fireworks are) sorry my fireworks pictures are always bad, they look great IRL haha. (This room also has the added benefit of being across from the smokehouse, so the balcony always smells like BBQ)View attachment 353004

Is this considered a standard view? That's the category we have booked and would love to have this view!

Room 6060 last night (these are whatever the Halloween fireworks are) sorry my fireworks pictures are always bad, they look great IRL haha. (This room also has the added benefit of being across from the smokehouse, so the balcony always smells like BBQ)View attachment 353004
I was watching from Geyser Point last night! ha!

We had out last reservation at Artist Point last night. Going to miss it as a signature!
Last AP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter