Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WL DVC folks a few news items today

The soap dispensers installed at some other Disney resorts will be making their way to DVC rooms soon.

Boulder Ridge rooms will get a refurb in 2021.
Thanks, Ryan! I will use that info for figuring out our next trip. :)
Really missed WL on our last 2 trips, even though I enjoyed BWV and FQ. I think we sometimes get attached to a resort that feels like home and that feeling doesn't go away.

When you stay in a one bedroom villa paying cash, do they start you off with supplies to do laundry (Detergent and dryer sheets)? Thanks!

When you stay in a one bedroom villa paying cash, do they start you off with supplies to do laundry (Detergent and dryer sheets)? Thanks!

I believe there is always 1 small box of detergent when you arrive in a 1 bedroom villa, whether you are paying cash or staying on points.

I don't think there are ever dryer sheets in 1 bedroom villas.

OK Lodge Friends! It's (sadly) been too long since we were at the Lodge... and our January trip had to be cancelled, and I won't kid you when I say that I cried for days. I have very happy memories at other WDW Resort hotels, but all of our WL trips have always just been... extra special in a way that I can't explain.

So, when we realized that we were going to be able to go in January after all (just different dates) you can imagine how happy I have been!

I have gone back through , and caught up on everything; Shower dispensers (boo) @GrandCalifornian's amazing pictures (thank you!), the postponed reno (weird, but works for me LOL) and the character dining at AP (pass)

Just a couple of questions remain LOL - First of all, the Otter Pond is well and truly gone, right? and secondly, regarding the Deluxe rooms, does anyone know if any of the 10 remaining rooms happen to have a roll-in shower for those of us who travel with wheels under our butt?

So thrilled, so happy to be going back to the Lodge!

You get one single use box of laundry detergent, no dryer sheets, each service day. So for cash through Disney Reservation Center, that means daily. Unless they see on sitting out unused and they won't replace it. Often the detergent is some no-name green detergent.

Does anyone happen to know if the Wilderness Lodge is having any special evening Christmas activities/shows? The last time we visited, just before Christmas, they had a female choir sing carols one evening and a bell choir another. Both were lovely. Just trying to plan our evenings for next week!

Has anyone booked an in-room massage in a nature view room at WL?I’m afraid there won’t be enough space for the portable massage table. I’m also interested in feedback on different companies (I’m leaning towards Zeel)

Has anyone booked an in-room massage in a nature view room at WL?I’m afraid there won’t be enough space for the portable massage table. I’m also interested in feedback on different companies (I’m leaning towards Zeel)

Have you checked out The Salon by the Springs at WL - it’s located in the building that was the Trout Pass Bar.

They have in room massage offered on their menu, as well as a variety of in house massages at the salon.

https://dvcnews.com/index.php/resor...74/4104-salon-of-the-springs-services-pricing

Wait, is this a Disney thing? Or a separate thing that you just happen to have done while you're staying at WL? An in room massage sounds amazing....

OK Lodge Friends! It's (sadly) been too long since we were at the Lodge... and our January trip had to be cancelled, and I won't kid you when I say that I cried for days. I have very happy memories at other WDW Resort hotels, but all of our WL trips have always just been... extra special in a way that I can't explain.

So, when we realized that we were going to be able to go in January after all (just different dates) you can imagine how happy I have been!

I have gone back through , and caught up on everything; Shower dispensers (boo) @GrandCalifornian's amazing pictures (thank you!), the postponed reno (weird, but works for me LOL) and the character dining at AP (pass)

Just a couple of questions remain LOL - First of all, the Otter Pond is well and truly gone, right? and secondly, regarding the Deluxe rooms, does anyone know if any of the 10 remaining rooms happen to have a roll-in shower for those of us who travel with wheels under our butt?

So thrilled, so happy to be going back to the Lodge!
Yay! Glad you get to go back to the Lodge! First of all the Otter Pond is still there, there are just Cabins on the lake side of it and a bridge that crosses it to connect to the door behind Roaring Fork. Here's a couple of pictures:

As for the 10 remaining Deluxe rooms, I don't know if any are Handicapped accessible, but they have a lot of HA rooms on the first floor, so perhaps they did at least one of those. Let us know what you find out.

Last edited:
Yay! Glad you get to go back to the Lodge! First of all the Otter Pond is still there, there are just Cabins on the lake side of it and a bridge that crosses it to connect to the door behind RoarinFork. Here's a couple of pictures:

As for the 10 remaining Deluxe rooms, I don't know if any are Handicapped accessible, but they have a lot of HA rooms on the first floor, so perhaps they did at least one of those. Let us know what you find out.

First of all - once again - *gorgeous* pictures! (Seriously, I could look at your photos all day!) and YAY!!!

My heart is so happy to know that the Otter Pond is still there! And now there is a bridge too! The last time we were in one of the first floor rooms was right in the worst of the construction, and there was a scrim up - so we couldn't see the pond - and we had been told by someone at WL that the fate of the pond was uncertain at that time. I'm so thrilled that it's still there, and I hope we get to see some of our wildlife buddies when we look out the windows!

Thank you again - I will update everyone if I find out any new info on the Deluxe rooms!

EDITED TO ADD DELUXE ROOM INFO: There *is* a Deluxe room (according to the CM I spoke with in Special Reservations) that has a Wheelchair Accessible bathtub - but they do not have a roll-in shower in any of the Deluxe rooms at WL. It's OK though... I'm still going home to Wildy again! :)

Last edited:
The Disney SPAS number told me that the closest spa to WL with massages is at GF/Senses, so I guess the Salon by the springs has a reduced menu now. I've never done it before, but there are a bunch of companies that will send a massage therapist to your hotel room for an in-room massage for about $100/hr. I'm sure that would be much less at Disney's rate for in-room massages since a Senses massage (at the spa) is 50min for $135. I want to book this for DH's Christmas present. After days of walking, I know he will appreciate a massage! I'm not sure that the portable massage table will fit in the small WL rooms, but I'm going to call a few companies and see if they know more. I'll post back if I find a solution.

Jumping in about the WL bunk bed rooms..... I stayed in one a few years ago. 3 adult women. I thought it was a great idea, we got separate beds for each of us. I "CALLED" the top bunk. We were in our mid 50s at the time, FYI. However I am fairly spry and climb ladders at my job daily, over and over (pulling stock or putting it away). So ladder was fine, plus I am like a child and wanted the top bunk!

Of course, bunks are usually intended for kids. My friend was ok on the bottom bunk, pretty much. Here was my issue with the top bunk: the ladder. Now my kids had bunks, at one point we had 2 sets of bunk beds (4 kids). But the WL ladder is not on an angle, it is straight up and down. THAT might be ok, but it was also really slippery, almost like it was waxed. LOL. I found I needed to be barefoot while going up and down..... I should have packed nonslip socks I suppose.

No regrets, it was pretty hilarious and I slept well.

Had to share :). Dear Wife came up with the PERFECT new name for "Artist Point"....

"Artist Pointless" :).
I guess though to us that was a better name for it before. Personally, Artist Point was one of the worse meals we had. Service and food both. We completely understood why it was always so empty. And Pointless. So I think majority is not agreeing with you here. A character meal is a huge improvement with much better menu offerings now. Especially with so many characters, you can't see anywhere else. Complete opposite of pointless.

I guess though to us that was a better name for it before. Personally, Artist Point was one of the worse meals we had. Service and food both. We completely understood why it was always so empty. And Pointless. So I think majority is not agreeing with you here. A character meal is a huge improvement with much better menu offerings now. Especially with so many characters, you can't see anywhere else. Complete opposite of pointless.

Its a shame they couldn't have achieved better food and service without adding characters, but its nice they seem to have done very well with the transition!

WL DVC folks a few news items today

The soap dispensers installed at some other Disney resorts will be making their way to DVC rooms soon.

Boulder Ridge rooms will get a refurb in 2021.

Thanks for the update. I’m personally not happy to hear this. Not what I expect for the deluxe prices we pay. I thought they were not planning on doing this for deluxe resorts! :mad: Bringing these home is always nice because when I use the soaps, it reminds me of my trip.not a fan of this- I love my toiletries!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!