Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question
Going to Whispering Canyon this evening for
dinner . Are the gift shops open at the lodge?
Also for my Uber it ok to just enter Wilderness Lodge or do I need to enter Whispering Canyon?

We always enter the resort name for Uber, no matter which restaurant or lounge we’re headed to!

What activities or amenities are open at WL? Any activities for the kids to do? Are the community rooms open and offering crafts or other projects? Do any of the sit down restaurants offer takeout due to covid?

We are debating a stay at a Copper Creek Cabin for a change of scenery and to spend down some DVC points. There are 4 of us (2 adults, an 11yo and 4yo) We might skip the parks entirely this trip, so the extra space of the cabin is appealing. Our kids love the bead activities at Animal Kingdom Lodge, the crafts they used to have at Ft Wilderness & Community rooms, Jr Ranger badges we've done at National Parks, etc.

Would we be able to find enough things to keep us busy for week or will we go stir crazy?

I can help with the Children’s activities as I have a family member currently working there.

Reunion Station - the Community Hall - is open 10am-7pm with crafts.

4:30-5:30pm is Mickey Tie Dye.

Movies are select nights - currently Sunday, Tuesday, Friday & Saturday at 8:30pm.

Sorry I can't help with the restaurants.

What activities or amenities are open at WL? Any activities for the kids to do? Are the community rooms open and offering crafts or other projects? Do any of the sit down restaurants offer takeout due to covid?

I think Roaring Fork is going to be your only option for take-out. The only table service restaurant that is currently operating is Whispering Canyon. I believe someone posted earlier in this thread that they are not offering take-out. Don't know if Geyser Point would offer take-out. Currently room service is not being offered at any of the Disney Resorts.

Has anyone been to/seen Whispering Canyon at breakfast time? How busy is it? Personally my comfort level is outdoor dining or very uncrowded indoor dining, 6ft distance isn't enough for me to eat inside.

Also, has anyone used Amazon Prime Now/Amazon Fresh to deliver groceries recently? Do they deliver to bell services? Are they the same service or different?

We stayed a couple of weeks ago at CCV, and WC was reservation only and unfortunately for us they had no available reservations while we were there. One thing we noticed but we're unsure as to why...they had black cloth walls up around the restaurant. You couldn't see in from the lobby as the cloth walls blocked everything. We wound up eating at the pool bar 2 nights, which is very good. As far as BC vs CCV, for us having stayed at both, we say CCV. The villas are beautiful,we'll thought out and plenty of storage.

BRV two bedroom will be about 30 sf larger.
CCV dedicated two bedroom villa
View attachment 515472

CCV lockoff two bedroom villa
View attachment 515467
BRV Dedicated two bedroom villa
View attachment 515468
BRV Lockoff two bedroom villa
View attachment 515470
Big difference will be the living room and kitchen. CCV has a galley style kitchen. BRV has a square kitchen. BRV has a round table with a bench and chairs. CCV will have a counter with chairs. BRV lockoff will also have the murphy bed under the television in the second bedroom. CCV are renovated hotel rooms, so they have a long balcony. BRV was built as DVC from the beginning so the balconies are smaller.
Very detailed comparison. I'd love your comments re: a studio for me sister and me. Never stayed at the WL villas so trying to decide which would be a better choice. I know CCV is in the main building and should be a closer walk to Roaring Forks, and the boat dock. Is the BRV studio villa larger as well?

Does anyone know if Geyser Point has their full food menu available-- not just the three things on the lounge menu? Going in a week and a half and trying to figure out if I need to make a reservation for something, or if Geyser Point will have my turkey sandwich!

Very detailed comparison. I'd love your comments re: a studio for me sister and me. Never stayed at the WL villas so trying to decide which would be a better choice. I know CCV is in the main building and should be a closer walk to Roaring Forks, and the boat dock. Is the BRV studio villa larger as well?
The studios at Boulder Ridge are about 15 square feet larger (340 vs 356). This looks like it’s most evident in the kitchen/bathroom area

The studios at Boulder Ridge are about 15 square feet larger (340 vs 356). This looks like it’s most evident in the kitchen/bathroom area
No difference in the comfort of the bed and sofa bed I guess? My sister and I will either toss and coin to see who gets which or trade off halfway during the stay.

No difference in the comfort of the bed and sofa bed I guess? My sister and I will either toss and coin to see who gets which or trade off halfway during the stay.
I’m not sure, but the Boulder Ridge views haven’t been renovated in a few years while the Copper Creek rooms are pretty new, so I’d wager the Boulder Ridge sofa beds aren’t exactly the best.

Update~I reached out to Disney this morning about my Dec 19-24 WL CL stay in December. They offered me a 1 bedroom villa at Boulder Ridge, which I happily accepted.

I was kindaaaa hoping that they'd offer me the Poly, but honestly, I booked at WL for the Christmas decor and the atmosphere so I'm still very happy with being able to stay there in December.

Next year hopefully, Poly. You and I -- next year.

You can't be both close to the lobby & the pool but the hallways at the WL are not very long compared to many other Deluxe resorts.

There are 3 main elevators in lobby area, 2 in the north wing (hotel rooms) as I highlighted in "ORANGE", and 2 in the South wing (CCV units) as I highlighted in "GREEN" in the picture below.

View attachment 514379

Dave

wow this is so helpful!!!

Update~I reached out to Disney this morning about my Dec 19-24 WL CL stay in December. They offered me a 1 bedroom villa at Boulder Ridge, which I happily accepted.

I was kindaaaa hoping that they'd offer me the Poly, but honestly, I booked at WL for the Christmas decor and the atmosphere so I'm still very happy with being able to stay there in December.

Next year hopefully, Poly. You and I -- next year.
If you had a discount like bounce back etc then keep what you have since you seem happy. If you paid rack then you can cancel at any time and rebook online.

Keep looking. Since the AP rate only until 9/30 I am hoping a new fall discount soon.

** CROSS POSTED
Hi! New here. :)
I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer for. I've searched the boards and the internet to no avail. I'm confident you guys can help me.
I'm looking into a stay at the Copper Creek Villas, dedicated 2 bedroom. I will have 8 adults total, with 2 utilizing the fold out sofa. My question lies with in the master bathroom configeration and to a lesser extent the washer/dryer. Ive looked at several videos showcasing the rooms. I'm seeing two different types of bathroom setups. I specifiically need the split bath with the walk-in shower, toilet and vanity on one side and the vanity and free-standing tub on the other (seperated by a door). The other type which I'm hoping to avoid is the bathroom with the tub/shower combo with the toilet and a vanity seperating to free-standing tub. With 2 adults using the sleeper sofa they need a semi private bathroom area (especially at night) without bothering the master sleeping area.
This last (shower/tub combo) option I've mentioned has a full size washer and dryer (not stacked and not that it really matters).
I'm including two videos showing the differences (if this isn't allowed I apologize, I did not find that in the rules).
If someone could skip ahead to the master bath and see the differences so that I know what to request I'd be so very grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter