Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

@kandb we've had a room with that balcony twice and love it! Feels like our room is huge being able to go out there. Enjoy!
Is it awkward having to share with other families? I would love the space but if another room was already out enjoying the space it would feel kind of strange going out and interrupting.

We just arrived this morning at the YC. We got up at around 2:30am for a 5:44 am flight. Ouch. We got here and everyone was exhausted, so we hung out at the pool and waited for our room to be ready. We got one at 12:35pm. I went up to tell them my phone was going dead so I wouldn't get the text that the room was ready and she checked and said they were going to put us on the 3rd floor but a room just opened on the 4th floor and gave it to us. Room 4182, which has 2 queens and a day bed and the room is very nice and a/c is freezing. We all napped and are getting up now to go to the Captain's Grille for dinner then are going to go for a walk on the boardwalk. The room doesn't have a great view (parking lot, think close to bus stop) but has this huge terrace that 4 rooms share. I have never seen a terrace that is shared, it's kinda neat and is really big. The upcoming 4-5 days seem really rainy, so not super happy about that but we will deal. The globe in the lobby is beautiful and super shiny and looks brand new. I will update as time goes by.

Can you clarify what you mean by shared terrace? is it a balcony that is shared with 4 other families? thats weird to me . Do you have photos?

Is it awkward having to share with other families? I would love the space but if another room was already out enjoying the space it would feel kind of strange going out and interrupting.

For us, not at all. Met some great people hanging out there. One family we're still in touch with and had dinner with when they were in town for a wedding.

I don't know if it's better to ask here or on the CL thread, but with 20,000 posts - this should be the place :sail:

I'm coming up on my YC CL standard view stay in a couple of weeks and will be emailing DSS soon with my room requests. It's dh and me.

I would like to not have an incredibly long walk to the lounge. I would like a full balcony (but, I think almost all of the CL rooms have one? I've stayed BC CL and I know it's not the case there). I don't care about bed configuration. Is there a better view of the roof or parking lot on a certain side? :rotfl2:

Any tips are appreciated. Thanks

And another congrats to all the Y&B clubers on hitting 20000+ posts! :disrocks: Sorry more of our regulars weren't around.
For those of you keeping score at home, this thread started on 8/15/15. That's 738 days to 20,000 posts or an average of 27+ posts a day including some useful information on mules and such! Thanks to NateBenMa for an excellent job of keeping the thread up to date! Some great back and forth with all posters! By my calculations :surfweb: we should be on page 1500 with 30,000 posts around 8/27/18. :drinking1

This waiting on 1000 is harder than waiting on an E-Ciips. Just saying......

But we still have 28 posts to go before we turn 20,000. Come on Scott, where are the updates and pictures?

NateBenMa, wouldn't be right if you weren't the first post on page 1000, just saying....

Katesdad

Ugh!!! I missed 1000!

Did see the eclipse though.

I have been away- Alaskan cruise. Carnival not Disney. It was fantastic. I'll catch up in the next few days. Maybe!!!

We just got back from a 7 nite 3 resort split stay. 3 nites @ YC. We were so excited to have an updated room. It was gorgeous!! 2 queens and 1 daybed. Room 3194. Also I was very happy with the new market downstairs. It made things so much easier. The only negative I noticed was the person who checked is in was not the friendliest person nor was the lobby greeter compared to stays past. We love to stay @ the YC so the new rooms make it all the better :)))

I agree, since it looks like it's going to be rainy for a few days, I am so glad to have a balcony like this. I love sitting watching the torrential rains in Florida. I find it very relaxing.

I love the rain, too. Have since I was a kid.

I am so loyal to the BCV that I have never even contemplated staying elsewhere. I stayed at the Boardwalk Villas once, and it never felt like "home." BCV does. I'm guessing there's a lot of us like that, yeah?

I've actually been to Disney close to 26 times and have stayed at the BC 23 times (the other 3 times I was between 6 and 8 years old and we were at POFQ). I'm staying at the GF for 2 nights before my wedding at the Wedding Pavilion in April 2018 and it sounds silly, but I'm actually nervous about not being at the BC. I'm so used to being able to walk to Epcot and my fiancé LOVES the BC. I just hope we can enjoy ourselves at the GF without going stir crazy LOL (we like Epcot A LOT better than the MK). The only reason we are staying GF is because our wedding is at 9:30 AM.. then we are moving to the BC the rest of the week :thumbsup2

I've actually been to Disney close to 26 times and have stayed at the BC 23 times (the other 3 times I was between 6 and 8 years old and we were at POFQ). I'm staying at the GF for 2 nights before my wedding at the Wedding Pavilion in April 2018 and it sounds silly, but I'm actually nervous about not being at the BC. I'm so used to being able to walk to Epcot and my fiancé LOVES the BC. I just hope we can enjoy ourselves at the GF without going stir crazy LOL (we like Epcot A LOT better than the MK). The only reason we are staying GF is because our wedding is at 9:30 AM.. then we are moving to the BC the rest of the week :thumbsup2

That is exactly how me and my group are. Epcot > MK for us, all the way. BCV is so convenient, right? It's so nice being able to walk over on a whim for an orange slushie in France. ;)

That is exactly how me and my group are. Epcot > MK for us, all the way. BCV is so convenient, right? It's so nice being able to walk over on a whim for an orange slushie in France. ;)

Yesss!!! That is my favorite drink in Epcot! I'm actually having those slushies at my wedding reception as one of my "signature drinks." I'm way too excited about that :rotfl:

Can you clarify what you mean by shared terrace? is it a balcony that is shared with 4 other families? thats weird to me . Do you have photos?

It is huge, I would say at least 60 feet long and 30 feet wide (asked my husband measurements. lol). Yes, there are 4 room sliding doors that lead out to it and each has 2 chairs. When you walk out our door and sit on our 2 chairs , you cannot see the other 6 chairs because there is small wall that blocks the other chairs but if you move ahead to the railing, you can see all the chairs and sliding doors for all the rooms. If anyone was out and you went to the railing, yes, you could very easily see them. The times we went out today, we haven't seen anyone. It won't be private if other people are outside BUT it's a tradeoff because it's not a tiny little balcony like most of the rest here.

We had a GREAT dinner at Captain's Grille tonight. I got the chicken and mashed potatoes with a brown wine reduction, the chicken was breast but partly still on the bone and my husband got the short ribs. We both enjoyed them a lot. The kids got kids meals and enjoyed them as well. Very calm, relaxed atmosphere, great service and a great experience.

It is huge, I would say at least 60 feet long and 30 feet wide (asked my husband measurements. lol). Yes, there are 4 room sliding doors that lead out to it and each has 2 chairs. When you walk out our door and sit on our 2 chairs , you cannot see the other 6 chairs because there is small wall that blocks the other chairs but if you move ahead to the railing, you can see all the chairs and sliding doors for all the rooms. If anyone was out and you went to the railing, yes, you could very easily see them. The times we went out today, we haven't seen anyone. It won't be private if other people are outside BUT it's a tradeoff because it's not a tiny little balcony like most of the rest here.

Question - is there a screen on the door?

I am almost positive they were doing turndown service on a room on our floor (not club level, unfortunately. lol) I was passing a room and there was a cart outside that just had plastic bags and a lot of towels (not a regular maid cart). I peaked in when I passed and the room definitely had people already staying in it and The maid was just coming out. I can ask if they offer it still if anyone wants me to. Wasn't sure if this issue had a conclusion yet.

We had a GREAT dinner at Captain's Grille tonight. I got the chicken and mashed potatoes with a brown wine reduction, the chicken was breast but partly still on the bone and my husband got the short ribs. We both enjoyed them a lot. The kids got kids meals and enjoyed them as well. Very calm, relaxed atmosphere, great service and a great experience.

"Brown wine reduction". What is that like? A wine reduction or a gravy? I have never heard of a "brown" wine reduction

Well, I agree that BCV feels like home and BWV doesn't. But I keep planning trips on short notice and BCV is always sold out, which is to be expected.

You don't travel with an external battery? I have a Mophie. Not the case, just the external battery. I keep it in my park/travel tote bag along with my phone's charging cable. When my battery starts to get low, I use the external battery to charge it. You can get Fuel Rods in the park:
http://www.militarydisneytips.com/b...-at-disney-parks-for-recharging-your-devices/
(Not sure why I found a Military Disney Tips page when I googled. These are for everyone, not just military. I even saw them at my airport.)

My understanding is that Amazon Prime Now is delivered to Bell Services, the same way that Garden Grocer is delivered to Bell Services. No charge. Amazon Pantry, on the other hand, would be delivered to the YC/BC Convention Center if it comes by FedEx or UPS, and the Convention Center would charge.

I do have 5 chargers but put them in one of the bags that I checked into bell services when we got here and didn't feel like bothering them to grab it. I was actually going to give the desk my daughters cell number to send us the alert when the room was ready but thankfully she found me another room when I went up to inquire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter