Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So far so good just can’t believe how busy the resort seems.

We found the resort extremely busy last week as well. The parks were much more crowded than normal this year too!

We really did! Well, last night I thought Beach Club was awesome, today at 6am the family in the adjoining room are using a hairdryer and shouting at their kids.

While we were there, a family trounced down the hallway each morning at 5:30 a.m. with exceptionally loud enthusiasm. :headache: Why they were up and heading out so early each day mystifies me. :scared:

Just wanted to say we arrived this afternoon. Shattered and ready to stretch our legs we boarded DME and after a while got a email with a room allocation on the ground floor. That wasn’t gonna work for my family so when we arrived at check in we were pleased to encounter an awesome CM who changed that room for us. Now we’re on the third floor close to the secret entrance and the lift close to Marketplace. We have our Happily Ever After buttons too. Took a bus to Disney Springs collected our gift card and went to find food... no joy queues out the doors everywhere. Back on another bus to Boardwalk where we grabbed pulled pork sandwiches then walked back to our room. We could hear music from England and hope to see the fireworks later. So far so good just can’t believe how busy the resort seems.

Wishing you a magical trip!!!

:goodvibes

Lol we’re getting serenaded with cover versions of Queen’s We will Rock You tonight!!!:rockband::rockband::rockband:

LOVE this!!!

::yes::

Oooh! I can see fireworks from the balcony! There’s trees in the way but they explode around them and a slightly blocked partial view of fireworks is substantially better than no fireworks! I hadn’t realised they would be so loud in the room!

Enjoy your trip!

:cool2:

We really did! Well, last night I thought Beach Club was awesome, today at 6am the family in the adjoining room are using a hairdryer and shouting at their kids.

Are they yelling at them to "Be Quiet!!"?

:headache:

Blankets ...... We have one fleece ... is that what you mean? :magnify: it’s far too warm for blankets in our room.

Oh no!! If it continues tomorrow I'd ring reception and ask if someone can give them a call asking them to keep the noise down:mad:

Blankets ...... We have one fleece ... is that what you mean? :magnify: it’s far too warm for blankets in our room.
Speaking of blankets, I was super happy to have a fleece blanket in the room and a note saying there was another in the TV stand! When I stay at hotels I'm always freezing but the YC was surprisingly a normal temperature. I actually had to turn the thermostat down when I got to my room.

Speaking of blankets, I was super happy to have a fleece blanket in the room and a note saying there was another in the TV stand! When I stay at hotels I'm always freezing but the YC was surprisingly a normal temperature. I actually had to turn the thermostat down when I got to my room.
Is this happening in BC also? My travel buddy is someone who loves it more "chilly" in the room...I was considering bringing my little blanket that was a giveaway from the last season of Osborne Lights a couple of years ago...figured it would lay pretty flat in my suitcase, but if there are extra blankets available in case I lose the "thermostat game", I'll leave it behind.

Oooh! I can see fireworks from the balcony! There’s trees in the way but they explode around them and a slightly blocked partial view of fireworks is substantially better than no fireworks! I hadn’t realised they would be so loud in the room!
You must be close to us there’s a giant tree in front of us too that we saw fireworks through last night.

Just got back from a five-night stay at YC. We had been to BC back in '99 or so but this was our first time at YC. Loved it! When we got there, we found we had been upgraded from garden view to lagoon view. We got a room just above the lobby on the third floor. A tree blocked some of the view but we didn't care. I liked the proximity to the lobby as I'm still recovering from a badly sprained foot and the less walking the better.

Refurbed rooms were nice. I know some have complained about "de-theming" but I think it's kind of nice to have a break from theming for a bit. Housekeeping was very good - we got extra coffee and toiletries without having to ask, and it was always done by early afternoon. i was worried that the laminate floor would present a noise problem but the whole resort was remarkably quiet and if there was anybody above us, I never heard them. I'd brought a white noise machine anyway, and we used it because my spouse snores.

We made good use of Stormalong Bay. I especially liked the whirlpool section, which I don't recall using back in '99. The kid and I had fun in the arcade. We also made use of the to-go window for Beaches and Cream.

Spouse and I are mulling over an empty-nest trip in a few years and we'd definitely stay at YC again (hoping that the proposed experiment with allowing pets will have fizzled out by then).

...as I'm still recovering from a badly sprained foot....

Spouse and I are mulling over an empty-nest trip in a few years and we'd definitely stay at YC again (hoping that the proposed experiment with allowing pets will have fizzled out by then).

I hope your foot is doing well . Did you need to rent a cart or take other measures? My dh sprained both his ankles a while back and I am concerned how we will fare in the parks.

Empty nester trips are the BEST! Next month we will be taking our sixth alone trip to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. Can't wait!

I ended up renting a scooter on our last day, at AK. It was stressful because I had to creep along so I wouldn't bump the many, many people who wandered into my path or stopped dead in front of me. My kid kept urging me to go to the Dark Side: "Just hit them! Let the hate flow through you!"
Lol! We are going the week of Thanksgiving and the next week so I expect insane crowds. Hubs pretty much refuses to do a scooter so I'm not sure what we will do. I have quite a bit of resort time scheduled but not 13 days of it! Hope your healing is complete soon.

Lol! We are going the week of Thanksgiving and the next week so I expect insane crowds. Hubs pretty much refuses to do a scooter so I'm not sure what we will do. I have quite a bit of resort time scheduled but not 13 days of it! Hope your healing is complete soon.
How about renting one of those knee/ankle scooters...it can double as a seat during those long queues and waits....

My niece used one after breaking her ankle, and the folks at Disney treated her like a Princess their whole trip!
81FPFVPyFLL._SY450_.jpg

Any word on what section of Yacht Club will be pet friendly? I want to request a room away from the dog section as my son is an extremely light sleeper and we plan afternoon naps for our November trip. I would have paid the extra to stay somewhere else if I would have known about this. Can i request to not be in the dog friendly area?

Any word on what section of Yacht Club will be pet friendly? I want to request a room away from the dog section as my son is an extremely light sleeper and we plan afternoon naps for our November trip. I would have paid the extra to stay somewhere else if I would have known about this. Can i request to not be in the dog friendly area?
From the map that was posted earlier it looks like the rooms near the quiet pool and on the ground floor are most likely to be the dog friendly rooms. You can request to be in a canine-free room by calling and having it added to your reservation.

Yes just call and make a request

How about renting one of those knee/ankle scooters...it can double as a seat during those long queues and waits....

My niece used one after breaking her ankle, and the folks at Disney treated her like a Princess their whole trip!
That certainly looks more manageable than the scooter, and the seat would be most welcome (by BOTH of us!) but when he fell he sprained both ankles so I'm not sure how much this would help in his situation. We will just have to take it easy and not have any 30,000 step days!

Any suggestions on rooms to request? Traveling with DW, DS7 and DS-10 mos. We have water view at the BC, and we would much prefer an upper floor (3+) with a view of crescent lake rather than a pool, and would like a full balcony if possible (but would be ok with a standing balcony).

Any suggestions on rooms to request? Traveling with DW, DS7 and DS-10 mos. We have water view at the BC, and we would much prefer an upper floor (3+) with a view of crescent lake rather than a pool, and would like a full balcony if possible (but would be ok with a standing balcony).

Then word your requests just like that. Just list them in order of preference.

81FPFVPyFLL._SY450_.jpg
These work great for small spurts but holy cow if you are stuck using it for long periods they are not the best. Knee hurts from the "pad" , hip of leg doing all the work kills after a bit, and everyone not paying attention hits foot etc.
Spent 3 months using one and while my foot and leg were strong as all get out...my back from leaning to steer and hip and knee were not happy, and uneven surfaces aren't great either. I can see it working with a little kid who is light but for adults who are taller etc I'd do an electric scooter before a knee scooter at disney.

Is this happening in BC also? My travel buddy is someone who loves it more "chilly" in the room...I was considering bringing my little blanket that was a giveaway from the last season of Osborne Lights a couple of years ago...figured it would lay pretty flat in my suitcase, but if there are extra blankets available in case I lose the "thermostat game", I'll leave it behind.

We always had aa spare blanket in our BC rooms. Usually it's in a bag in the wardrobe. If your room doesn't have one ring Housekeeping and they'll bring you one :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter