Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I am so terribly disappointed, sad and angry that Disney has decided to make Yacht Club one of its "dog friendly" resorts. We are due to stay at YC in about 3 weeks' time and I am now dreading it. I hope the policy doesn't take off and we won't be surrounded by dogs everywhere or have to risk having a dog-infested room. I don't care if they "deep clean" it; no amount of cleaning will get rid of all dog odour and general dirt and you have no idea how clean and tick/flea - free that people keep their pets. I literally can't believe Disney have done this. No wonder YC introduced the new hard wood floors.

I am so terribly disappointed, sad and angry that Disney has decided to make Yacht Club one of its "dog friendly" resorts. We are due to stay at YC in about 3 weeks' time and I am now dreading it. I hope the policy doesn't take off and we won't be surrounded by dogs everywhere or have to risk having a dog-infested room. I don't care if they "deep clean" it; no amount of cleaning will get rid of all dog odour and general dirt and you have no idea how clean and tick/flea - free that people keep their pets. I literally can't believe Disney have done this. No wonder YC introduced the new hard wood floors.
Please consider letting Disney Management know how you feel.

WDW.Guest.Communications@disneyworld.com
And cc these folks too:
Robert.a.iger@disney.com
Robert.Chapek@disney.com
George.Kalogridis@disney.com

Hi we are in the same position fly from uk in 3 weeks for a two week holiday booked a year ago absolutely distraught cannot believe it it’s ok people saying you can choose not to stay however we chose to stay a year ago apparently no availability anywhere else now !!!

Hi we are in the same position fly from uk in 3 weeks for a two week holiday booked a year ago absolutely distraught cannot believe it it’s ok people saying you can choose not to stay however we chose to stay a year ago apparently no availability anywhere else now !!!
Susan, we are also flying from the UK and are also distraught about this horrible new policy. The CM I spoke with on the phone told me it's unlikely there will be any dogs because our trip is so soon and the policy has only just been rolled out, so most people will have already made plans for their dogs. Let's hope she is right. She was great and told me she personally disagrees with the new policy herself (I was surprised she said that, I thought CMs wouldn't be allowed to express their own opinion). I asked about restrictions on dogs in common areas, she said dogs will be allowed in the lobby, outside common areas (excluding pool area) and hallways - all of which really upsets me; if we see dogs crawling around the hallways near our room it will be absolutely awful. She added a note to my reservation that we want to be away from the dog area but she said they can't guarantee that - I told her if there are dogs other than service dogs anywhere near us I will be speaking to front desk and immediately checking out of the hotel.

Susan, we are also flying from the UK and are also distraught about this horrible new policy. The CM I spoke with on the phone told me it's unlikely there will be any dogs because our trip is so soon and the policy has only just been rolled out, so most people will have already made plans for their dogs. Let's hope she is right. She was great and told me she personally disagrees with the new policy herself (I was surprised she said that, I thought CMs wouldn't be allowed to express their own opinion). I asked about restrictions on dogs in common areas, she said dogs will be allowed in the lobby, outside common areas (excluding pool area) and hallways - all of which really upsets me; if we see dogs crawling around the hallways near our room it will be absolutely awful. She added a note to my reservation that we want to be away from the dog area but she said they can't guarantee that - I told her if there are dogs other than service dogs anywhere near us I will be speaking to front desk and immediately checking out of the hotel.
We too have got fingers crossed let’s hope she is right and no dogs or there could be a lot of us at the front desk !!!!!!

Dear Michael,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Walt Disney World Resort.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. It is very disappointing to hear about your experience during your recent stay at Disney's Beach Club Resort. Please know I am currently researching your correspondence and will contact you when I have more information. If you need immediate assistance, I am available at (REMOVED), and this week I am available Monday through Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. ET.

Michael, thank you again for your message.

Best Regards,
(REMOVED)
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort

Only took a week but might be heading the right direction now.

I just wanted to say I'm so sorry you guys are having to deal with this! I'd be absolutely gutted and I know how much planning and saving goes into a trip to the Yacht Club especially from the U.K. ( I'm in Belfast). Don't really have any words of comfort but I'm crossing my fingers for you that there won't be much of a dog presence as it's only just been announced. Try not to let it steal your excitement and remember Disney is generally very good at dealing with complaints in person so let management know you're not happy when you get there if you have any issues. Try to keep your chin up and stay positive. I'm sure everyone on here is wishing you the best for your upcoming trips :hug:

I just wanted to say I'm so sorry you guys are having to deal with this! I'd be absolutely gutted and I know how much planning and saving goes into a trip to the Yacht Club especially from the U.K. ( I'm in Belfast). Don't really have any words of comfort but I'm crossing my fingers for you that there won't be much of a dog presence as it's only just been announced. Try not to let it steal your excitement and remember Disney is generally very good at dealing with complaints in person so let management know you're not happy when you get there if you have any issues. Try to keep your chin up and stay positive. I'm sure everyone on here is wishing you the best for your upcoming trips :hug:
We are just hoping it’s a special trip for us as it’s our wedding anniversary and up to date yacht club is our favourite resort !!!

When the room request option is working under online check-in, it would be nice to be able to select a "room away from the dog-friendly rooms." Presumably, you would not need to request a dog-friendly room, if traveling with a dog, as that should be an integral part of the room reservation.

Last edited:
I really don't think the dog thing will make much of a difference for those of you with trips that are so close... I think the dog thing is going to be more prevalent (if it takes off) further down the line when people are able to actually plan for it.
DITTO!

I would stay positive as well, people have simply not had enough time to take much advantage of this offering. (Maybe also hedge bets by requesting a room on a high floor?)

A word of warning: years back I booked a Club Level room at one of the resorts at Universal which allows dogs. I made the reservation by phone and told them I have allergies and need to be away from the dogs. I got a call from the room assigner shortly before my arrival date. She said the note in my reservation said that I have allergies and want to be in a room which allows dogs. She called because (a) that made no sense, and (b) she said that dogs were not allowed on the Club Level of that hotel (at that time, anyway).

So if your room request is to be away from the dogs, you might want to call on another day and have them read the request back to you. Make sure it says "away" from the dog rooms, not "in" a dog room.

There have been other discussions along these lines. If your room request is a negative ("I do not want") there is always the possibility that it could mistakenly get entered into the system as "I do want."

Well today turned out to be a bust.... Received an email this morning telling us they did a routine inspection of our room and found freakin’ bedbugs :furious::furious::furious: 724 of the little blighters!!! We’ve had the joy of coming back to the hotel early and going to front fest to arrange meeting the housekeeping manager to find out what needs doing. So after packing up all our clothing but the stuff we are wearing to be taken away for processing and removing everything else, then relocating to another part of the resort our MBs wouldn’t work. Got that sorted at last and now have to find things to wear in the shops and claim it back from them. Oh joy:rolleyes1

Well today turned out to be a bust.... Received an email this morning telling us they did a routine inspection of our room and found freakin’ bedbugs :furious::furious::furious: 724 of the little blighters!!! We’ve had the joy of coming back to the hotel early and going to front fest to arrange meeting the housekeeping manager to find out what needs doing. So after packing up all our clothing but the stuff we are wearing to be taken away for processing and removing everything else, then relocating to another part of the resort our MBs wouldn’t work. Got that sorted at last and now have to find things to wear in the shops and claim it back from them. Oh joy:rolleyes1
That is terrible. I hope it doesn't take too long before all your belongings are returned bug free.

OMG! Just terrible!! Hope the rest of your trip is better!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now we have dogs AND bedbugs to worry about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously feel like cancelling and moving to another resort.

I don't think I have you on the Be Our Guest list for your November trip.

I would probably go for the extra night, but the advantage of club would be breakfast for the 4 of you and snacks/drinks for your checkin day and checkout day, so it might be a good deal if you will be spending a lot of time at the resort.

Let us know what you decided.

Welp ... looks like we'll be at YC for two nights for Wine & Dine Half Weekend - Nov. 4 - 6! Excited for all that Stormalong Bay time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!