Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

What do they do with all the old furnishings when they refurbish? I would totally buy one of those old nautical headboards if they were for sale.

Seriously, we have YC booked for next spring and I'm so distressed at how "UnDisney" the room is that I was looking at eBay thinking I'd bring my own old school bed runner. But I decided that was a bit extreme, so instead I'm packing Duffy in his sailor suit to give the room that certain "happy yachting touch." Am I nutty? You bet!

Seriously, we have YC booked for next spring and I'm so distressed at how "UnDisney" the room is that I was looking at eBay thinking I'd bring my own old school bed runner. But I decided that was a bit extreme, so instead I'm packing Duffy in his sailor suit to give the room that certain "happy yachting touch." Am I nutty? You bet!
Staying YC in November and I am not thrilled with the new room decor, the little nautical touches is what set the YC apart from the BC.
YC now does not look much different than the refurbished rooms at Coronado Springs

Page 923

I saw the globe last week from the boardwalk, they had the doors propped open.

:magnify:

Thanks to all who responded. You confirmed what I was already thinking. We'll be back at Beach Club again in May. It seems like no matter what happens, we always default back to BC. My wife wants to put the kids on the resort loop next November, but we'll get to be back at my favorite resort at least twice between now and then.

With kids that will only be 3 and 5, nothing beats the BC pool, walk to two parks, and the fact that we can have them in bed less than ten minutes after Illuminations ends.

Dee, could you please add us to the BOG List again, this time for May 4-8?

Got it!

:cool1:

Hello again! It looks like we might be able to fly for our September trip instead of drive (15 hour drive)! Will we miss not having a car? Other times we've flown we've rented on and never used it. But this is our first trip with our 3 year old. I wasn't planning on driving much but was considering it for AK EMH. We could Uber but we'd need a car seat. I think I'm just over thinking it, but any opinions are welcome! Do you like having a car? Is it completely unnecessary? We would be renting one for a day trip to Kennedy Space Center. Thanks all!

BUMP!

I have never rented a car while staying onsite, and have no desire to, but my first onsite stays were with much older kids, so input from others traveling with toddlers would be helpful.

::yes::

I realized I had never posted the dates of my trip. Staying at Beach Club Oct. 7-14.

Thanks! I'll update the list.

:thumbsup2

Staying at the end of July! Does anyone have pictures of the newly added showers at the pool bathrooms? My friends will have to drive home and would like to shower before they leave. Last time we stayed we were told the only shower option was the outdoor one (the spa ones weren't available.) Thanks!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Just booked a stay at YC mid-September and I was wondering about the showers at SAB.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:dogdance:

Hello again! It looks like we might be able to fly for our September trip instead of drive (15 hour drive)! Will we miss not having a car? Other times we've flown we've rented on and never used it. But this is our first trip with our 3 year old. I wasn't planning on driving much but was considering it for AK EMH. We could Uber but we'd need a car seat. I think I'm just over thinking it, but any opinions are welcome! Do you like having a car? Is it completely unnecessary? We would be renting one for a day trip to Kennedy Space Center. Thanks all!
We rented a car when kids were 2.5 years old, but were staying off site. I found that sometimes its a pita, imho. Dealing with parking and traffic. The next trip when kids were 5 years old we were onsite and did MDE. Unfortunately with GF we were the last stop with 4 resorts before that so it took forever and we were starving. I dont think BC/YC will be like that. But it was so convenient that we will be doing MDE again this next trip but will take note from our last time by packing snacks just for the bus time. We also collect our own bags (we dont use the mde luggage service) because we dont like waiting for them once at the resort.
I dont think MCO is difficult if you want to go rental car but I myself hate having to navigate around airports to leave and return. We enjoyed using MDE to return to the airport. Its just a service that takes the stress out of things. The kids found it fun to sit in the big seats and watch cartoons. It also gives you time at the airport. We got through check in and security and had time to have a sit down lunch before boarding which with kids was nice to not rush.
While onsite, I prefer monorail and sometimes a bus to a rental car. Once again you dont have to deal with parking and more walking and then being exhausted after the park and going back to a parking lot. Not to mention, our times on the monorail and buses we often had nice conversations with other families that I still remember.

Last edited:
Page 924

Hello everyone! We are going to be returning to the YC in March 2018. When we booked our trip the other day, only garden view was available for our family of 5. Is this a change in room arrangements? Or are the other options all booked already? Any insight? I was hoping to save a few dollars with a standard view.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

What do they do with all the old furnishings when they refurbish? I would totally buy one of those old nautical headboards if they were for sale.

:welcome: to posting on the thread!

Any upcoming trips booked here?

:goodvibes

Would you like to be added to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1? Which month is your trip?

:woohoo:

To the car thing. I think some people are car people, while others are not. We've done Disney a few times with little kiddos, the first they we 2 and 4, then 3 and 5, then 5 and 7, now going back they'll be 7 and 9. The last time we had a rental because we drove from Miami, but we turned it in shortly after arriving. Personally I am directionally challenged, even with GPS, so it is a guaranteed fight between DH and I, "Is this the turn?" "Yes." "Are you sure?" "Yes!" "Hmm. You were right, that was the turn. I'll turn around and take it."

So for vacation harmony, and the ability to drink at dinner without caring who will drive, we take the busses. If we have a reservation at another resort we will take a cab or Uber. Not having to worry about a car, or parking, or directions, or traffic, is part of me enjoying vacation. I just made sure I had strollers I could easily fold and maneuver even while holding a kid, and I have to say people were usually super nice about giving up a seat when I was holding a very tired little kid if the busses were full. Yes, sometimes I felt like it would have been quicker if we had a car to go to, but then again waiting for trams, parking forever away, and getting into a car that has been baking in the Florida heat doesn't sound pleasant to me. But if you are someone who feels stranded without your own set of wheels, and need the escape plan I can understand that too.

We are "Home"!!! Came over from the Poly about 10am, room wasn't ready but we received our room ready text about 11:30a while we were enjoying the pool. I requested full balcony and king bed, I had to decide btw the two when we checked in and we really wanted full balcony so that request was granted!! We will go up to the room around 3 and then head to Epcot for dinner at Teppan Edo. Let me know if anyone has any questions

I can't wait to hear all about your trip! We are going in October and staying at the Yacht Club (our first time staying there). Glad you got your request for a full balcony. We will have a garden/woods view and requested upper floor over the gazebo so hopefully we get both requests.

Do you know if you have a refurbished room? Is there any construction going on where your room is located? (sorry about the questions lol )

We did our fast passes today since we are 60 days out. We are staying at the YC. Do most of you do online check-in or check in when you get to the hotel? Any advantages/disadvantages to either? Also, if we do online check in do you find out what room you are getting earlier than the day of check-in? Thanks

Has anyone tried the Captain's Grille since it has relocated? I have an adr there for our check in date which is a Wednesday. Do most of you recommend it? Family of 5, children 14, 14 and 8. Thanks

Also, just an fyi, today was our fastpass day and I could not get fp's for flights of passage for any of the days we were going to go to AK when we are staying at YC. They were unavailable for 8/24 and 8/25 and 8/26. I was really surprised. I had to change our park days around due to this but just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Okay, decision time and I need your collective help. We've decided on May 4-8 for our add-on trip. 2018 pricing released today and BC & Poly are $300 apart.

A little background: We'll be at BC for 8 days this December, and trying Poly for the first time for 8 days in November, 2018. This trip would be a little extra I decided to throw into the middle. We have two little ones, DS 5 and DD 3.

I know this group is biased, but I trust your opinions. Which resort would you pick for May? We really are torn. BC has the pool, and the short walk to EP and DHS, while Poly has the resort loop into MK for the little ones.

We stayed at BC and Poly last year (both for the first time). We liked the BC better. The rooms at the Poly are larger but they seemed damp and are very dark. The rooms at the BC and newer, more modern and just have a bright, summery feel. The transporation and location for both are great. The pool area is better at the BC. The Poly's quick service is better. More to do around the BC area with the boardwalk being right there, you can walk around at night.

The Globe is back, I repeat the Globe is back!! Also they are working on the first floor near the quite pool for the YC room refurbishments !

Thank you. Wow, the first floor. The last I heard it was the 3rd floor. Wonder if they skipped the 2nd floor?

We did our fast passes today since we are 60 days out. We are staying at the YC. Do most of you do online check-in or check in when you get to the hotel? Any advantages/disadvantages to either? Also, if we do online check in do you find out what room you are getting earlier than the day of check-in? Thanks
We always do online check in. We like getting the text when our resort room is ready. They assign the rooms a few days ahead of time, anyway. Whether or not you do online check in you can still go to the front desk to make sure you like the room they gave you. We went to the front desk on our arrival day in May and were able to get a room that was ready right away, which was nice since we were there around 10:30am.

They won't send you the room number until your arrival day. But they will send it to you when the room is ready, even if you haven't arrived yet. :)

Has anyone tried the Captain's Grille since it has relocated? I have an adr there for our check in date which is a Wednesday. Do most of you recommend it? Family of 5, children 14, 14 and 8. Thanks
We haven't eaten here since it moved to Ariel's but we did eat there last month. The food was good. It is a nice, laid back place to eat. We've never seen it too crowded. We've had dinner there with our grandchildren, age seven and five at the time, and they were able to make some simple foods for our granddaughter who has food allergies. I think it is a good place for families. :)

They have added Prime rib to the menu since it moved to Ariel's and we might consider eating dinner there next week. :)

Do standard view CL YC rooms have views of the parking lot? Or rooftop? What is the best request to make to get a decent view and balcony? Do you know where the King cl SV are located? Tks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter