Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Dee- Could you please take us off the BOG list? We decided to try SSR. We got an AP discount for a 2 bdr villa for $900 less than our 2 rooms at YC so we made the switch. We will miss our favorite area but are looking forward to trying something new. Hope everyone with an upcoming stay has a great one!

Yes. Here is what we had in our BC room this week:

IMG_3326_zpsajjvnyqa.jpg
This is awesome! :love: We actually gave feedback in a survey about both the scent (much preferred the sea salt which was previously used only at the GF over the grapefruit bergamot) and about the bottles they came in which were impossible to use. Nice to see the fruits of feedback! And that goes for those pool showers as well!

After 3 separate phone attempts, each lasting 60 - 84 minutes in length, lots of misinformation, and a combination of very helpful (thanks phoebe) and not-so-much (Abby Lee) CM's - I managed to snag the AP rate for my YC room res. The extra savings there means more $ for my spa treatments!

Helloooo! I'm so excited to post this. Due to a shift in plans, we just decided we will be honeymooning at WDW! We definitely want to stay at BC and I'm looking at Feb 27-March 5. We've never stayed there before. Is this a good choice for a honeymoon?

We haven't been to WDW since 2013. How soon can I book a room with a FL resident rate?

So excited to start planning!

Do standard view CL YC rooms have views of the parking lot? Or rooftop? What is the best request to make to get a decent view and balcony? Do you know where the King cl SV are located? Tks

Yes standard view rooms face a roof top or the parking lot, CL or not.

Helloooo! I'm so excited to post this. Due to a shift in plans, we just decided we will be honeymooning at WDW! We definitely want to stay at BC and I'm looking at Feb 27-March 5. We've never stayed there before. Is this a good choice for a honeymoon?

We haven't been to WDW since 2013. How soon can I book a room with a FL resident rate?

So excited to start planning!

We think BC would be a great place to Honeymoon since we're likely going to honeymoon there (or at YC ) in August of 2018!

Does any place at YC sell Smart Water? The electrolytes will help us deal with the heat, but we don't have a way to bring any on the plane with us and we're taking Magical Express so no stopping at a store.

After 3 separate phone attempts, each lasting 60 - 84 minutes in length, lots of misinformation, and a combination of very helpful (thanks phoebe) and not-so-much (Abby Lee) CM's - I managed to snag the AP rate for my YC room res. The extra savings there means more $ for my spa treatments!

Did you get a GV at YC? Just cancelled mine a couple of hours before you posted!

Did you get a GV at YC? Just cancelled mine a couple of hours before you posted!
I actually already had a GV res at YC, but wanted to apply the newer AP discount released. They were having trouble making it work but could give me a suite with that discount, lol. Anyway, GS took care of me. I guess they have special powers. September can't come soon enough! Enjoy SSR. Haven't been but it's on my list. The villas look adorable.

Does any place at YC sell Smart Water? The electrolytes will help us deal with the heat, but we don't have a way to bring any on the plane with us and we're taking Magical Express so no stopping at a store.
Smart water is sold throughout the parks so I'm guessing the new marketplace at YC will also sell it. But of course remember there will be a mark up, it is disney after all. ($3.25 last I knew)

Also, just an fyi, today was our fastpass day and I could not get fp's for flights of passage for any of the days we were going to go to AK when we are staying at YC. They were unavailable for 8/24 and 8/25 and 8/26. I was really surprised. I had to change our park days around due to this but just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Wow! I've been reading that it's been difficult to get an FP for FoP. Now I'm getting nervous for our trip...

I had gotten a great bounce back rate to stay at BC mid September and was so excited, unfortunately we had to change it to later in the month and no discounted rooms (bounce back or AP) were available for BC. We have decided to go with a YC AP rate room instead, we prefer BC but I think we will be very happy with the YC refurbished room, especially since the change in dates means we could spend an extra night.

YC- Sept 28-Oct 1, 2017 :D

You could get a grocery delivery with them and some other things. Something to consider.

I know the Beach Club Marketplace sells Smart Water. It's a Coca-Cola product so I imagine the new Yacht Club Grab-and-Go would have it too.

Smart Water should be available, as well as Vitamin Water Zero, which has electrolytes. I would count on the price being 3-4X what you pay locally. I saw the Vitamin Water on sale today at Target, for 89 cents. I believe that I've paid about $3.79, or so, at YC and BC.

Did you know that TSA allows passengers to bring completely frozen bottles of beverages in their carry-ons? I always freeze a few 16.9 ounce bottles of water or another beverage (pouring an ounce or two out, before freezing), and pack them in my carry-on. You need to pour out or drink any melted liquid, before passing through security, though. It's also a good idea to either remove the frozen bottles from your carry-on and place them in a clear plastic bag in a bin, or have them at the top of the carry-on, for easy inspection by TSA.

By the time I land at MCO, the bottles have started to defrost, and the beverages are nice and chilled.

Last edited:
Hello friends,
I'm sure this has been asked and answered so I apologize in advance. Do the YC rooms have bathtubs?

Thank you!

Hello friends,
I'm sure this has been asked and answered so I apologize in advance. Do the YC rooms have bathtubs?

Thank you!
Some of the newly-refurbished YC guest rooms have tubs with shower heads/sprays, while others only have walk-in shower stalls. If you have a preference for one vs. the other, it's suggested that you add that preference to your room requests.
All of the BC rooms, except some of the wheelchair-acessible rooms, have bathtubs.

Thanks to everyone on this thread (especially natebenma) for all the useful advice. We are hoping to stay at the Yacht Club on an upcoming trip and I had a few questions I was hoping to clarify. I did review the first page of the thread but wanted to verify a few things and make sure nothing has changed. In the past we've stayed at Port Orleans and shipped ourselves a box with toiletries and some breakfast/snack items and also had a couple cases of water shipped to the resort, and we were never charged a fee by the resort. I understand some rules have changed since our last visit and that since the Yacht Club is a convention resort we may be charged a fee for receiving packages. Trying to figure out whether/how to ship things to keep it beneficial from a cost perspective. Any help with these questions would be great:

1) I saw on the first page of the thread that packages shipped USPS go to bell services rather than the convention center and may not be charged a fee. Has anyone tried this recently to verify the current practice?

2) I'm also considering just packing our toiletries and then using Garden Grocer for snacks and breakfast foods. Same question there - will the items go to bell services and will the resort charge me any additional fee for receiving the items?

3) If we use Garden Grocer, we might add in some beer. Can the resort accept delivery of that or would we need to be there when it was delivered? I've seen conflicting answers on other threads.

4) Do the BC Marketplace still carry cases of water at about $7 each? If so, that may be our simplest solution for that.

Thanks so much for any help or advice you can offer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter