Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I took some pictures of the Ale & Compass Restaurant while we were there recently. For some reason my pictures make the restaurant look a little grey, but it was actually very blue.

A&C 1.jpg
This is the main dining room. Those of you who are familiar with the old restaurant can see that they mostly just decorated the existing restaurant rather than make a lot of structural changes. The biggest changes were to the bar area and the area that used to have the sailboat pictures.

A&C 3.jpg

This is where the sailboat pictures were located. It is straight ahead on the left as you walk into the restaurant.

A&C 2.jpg
This wine cooler is located on the right as you walk into the restaurant.

A&C 4.jpg

A&C hall.jpg

This picture was taken outside of the restaurant, while walking down the hallway. I like the stained glass trim on the window. The Christmas decorations were really pretty.

A&C Xmas trim.jpg A&C wreath.jpg

There is a new "freshly made" sandwich being offered at BC Marketplace - a cheesesteak sandwich. It consists of shredded beef, mushrooms, peppers, onions, and melted cheese on a bun and is priced at $10.49. They need some better fresh sandwich options, like a hot chicken sandwich.

The Crew's Cup Lounge does not open until 4:30 p.m. - no longer at noon. Therefore, there is no lunch service there, anymore, even though a lunch menu is still posted online. The Ale and Compass Lounge opens at 11:30 a.m. and is to pick up the lunch/drink business that Crew's Cup would have otherwise had. The opening time at Crew's Cup changed when A&C Lounge and Restaurant recently opened.

Last edited:
Page 1110-1113

Ahh that was sweet Dee....

We've been using up the SPG points over at Swan for the past two years.
However picked up BC club Feb 4-9...so will be back in your neighborhood again...can't wait!

AWESOME!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

I am so sorry for the redundancy, I am certain this has been discussed. I flipped through thread, but did not see.

Can someone recommend the BEST Standard view at BC to request? TIA!!!

I don't know if you got the information you were looking for- a couple of people recommended rooms they liked.

However, we find that rating a room is a very subjective thing. The best room for one family might be different for another family. Generally we recommend that you request the qualities in a room that are your priorities- some examples: at the Beach Club, full balcony. Daybed. Near Elevator. Far from Elevator, etc.

You can go to the Beach Club Room Views thread on the community page to see some examples of rooms in the category you have booked.

:thumbsup2

Can anyone recommend the best room at YC with a garden view? I spent some time on TP clicking on their images from all garden view rooms but many said "this image is from a nearby room" which was sometimes multiple rooms over or even on a different floor!

We were hoping for fireworks views, even if distant, because my DD is very disregulated at night as she comes off medication so we expect we will be in our room most nights after dinner. But after what I saw on TP it appears that may not be an option without upgrading to water views...

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

:cool1:

Many of the comments above apply to your question as well.

It may be possible to see some fireworks, either Illuminations or HS fireworks from a Garden View room- does anyone have any info that would confirm this?

Rooms that are east facing would be the best bet for Illuminations, but it would depend on where in the hallway the room is.

::yes::

Strange question...

When we stayed in Poly, we had a pullout bed, as well as our 2 queens. When my family travels together, my mom and sister sleep together, and i bunk with my dad.

My dad is a colorectal cancer survivor and, without going into too many details, has a much smaller intestine than all of us. It leads to him getting up A LOT during the night. I'm a very light sleeper and am constantly getting up and night when he gets up.

Long story short, he and I alternated on the pull-out bed at Poly each night and I had my best sleep in a while. I know BC has a pull out, but usually reserves it for families of 5.

We're traveling December 25-January 1. Could I call up and request a room with it and explain the situation? Are we being too needy?

I definitely think you should call and explain the reason for your request about a week to 10 days out. Use the phone number for the resort listed on Page 1, Post 13 or 14. It was posted a few pages back as well.

ETA: Call the resort 8-10 days before your trip to make sure your request is noted correctly. The numbers you should use for that are 407-934-8000 for the Beach Club and 407-934-7000.

:goodvibes

There is a new "freshly made" sandwich being offered at BC Marketplace - a cheesesteak sandwich. It consists of shredded beef and melted cheese on a bun and is priced at $10.49. They need some better fresh sandwich options, like a hot chicken sandwich.

The Crew's Cup Lounge does not open until 4:30 p.m. - no longer at noon. Therefore, there is no lunch service there, anymore, even though a lunch menu is still posted online. The Ale and Compass Lounge opens at 11:30 a.m. and is to pick up the lunch/drink business that Crew's Cup would have otherwise had. The opening time at Crew's Cup changed when A&C Lounge and Restaurant recently opened.

Thanks for the info!

I agree- there should be more fresh options offered at the resort.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your response! Are the rooms without the daybeds smaller? I have 3 kids, and would hate to request a room witty a daybed. Is there a list of rooms that have the daybed?

This thread is so great. Thank you so much for doing this!!

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

:cool1:

Many of the comments above apply to your question as well.

It may be possible to see some fireworks, either Illuminations or HS fireworks from a Garden View room- does anyone have any info that would confirm this?

Rooms that are east facing would be the best bet for Illuminations, but it would depend on where in the hallway the room is.

We will be at YC 1/26-2/4, then are moving on to universal.

Based on what I saw at TP we will request to be "NE facing" but I'm not sure if there's one that will allow any glimpse of fireworks. According to the room finder it looks like all garden view rooms will be blocked from fireworks views, but I can't tell for sure.

Thank you so much for your response! Are the rooms without the daybeds smaller? I have 3 kids, and would hate to request a room witty a daybed. Is there a list of rooms that have the daybed?

This thread is so great. Thank you so much for doing this!!

No, we don't have a listing of rooms at the resort that have daybeds.

Please take a moment to read over Post 13 (FAQ) on Page 1. We usually advise that you make your room request based on the priorities that are important to your family, rather than requesting a specific room or block of rooms. That way, the room assigners know what it is you want in a room in the event the room you have requested is not available during your trip.

l am sorry! Can you please post the link about the room reviews? I can't find it!!! THANK YOU

https://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-room-views.3057904/

:)

We will be at YC 1/26-2/4, then are moving on to universal.

Based on what I saw at TP we will request to be "NE facing" but I'm not sure if there's one that will allow any glimpse of fireworks. According to the room finder it looks like all garden view rooms will be blocked from fireworks views, but I can't tell for sure.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Again, I'm not sure if there are YC GV rooms that have a fireworks view.

There are several places at the resort where you can view some of the fireworks from EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. Although not ideal, if there are a couple of adults in your room, you could take turns viewing the fireworks on alternate nights without being away for too long. If you have park hoppers, you can even go into EPCOT at the last minute to watch Illuminations. I have done that many times by myself when my family stays in the room.

:goodvibes

Most (if not all) GV rooms at the YC that have a gazebo view from the left side as you face the gazebo from the lake, have a view of the high fireworks from WS (not sure what direction on the compass that is. NE?). I am in the far corner where you come off the main hallway right now on the third floor and had the same location on the first floor last January. I can watch the show from the comfort (and warmth) of my room (on the first floor I could see them through the tree). If you have a GV room at the YC be sure to ask for the gazebo view. The closer to the lake you are, the better you can see the show.
Katesdad

Out at the bus stop in front of the YC at 7:05am to catch the AK bus to transfer to AKL for an 8:35am breakfast at Boma. AK had early hours this morning. Bus didn't show until 7:25am but made it to the park in time for those doing rope drop (had to load an electric cart at the YC). We got our AKL transfer around 8:05am and made it in time for our breakfast reservation. Boma did not disappoint. Spent the rest of the morning putsing around until some good friends showed up at noon. No real good place to just sit and talk so we ended up in the A&C lounge for a few hours. Had dinner at the Italian diner on Boardwalk. Let me just say dinner was worth the price we paid. Doug the waiter kept everyone entertained.

Still too cool to watch the fireworks from our favorite bench by the dock so we will have to do it again from the room. Hoping the temp reaches the low 70's on Tusday (sorry you Northern folks but I didn't come to Florida for this kind of weather) so we can sit out at SAB and catch some sun.
Katesdad

Cut my leg on the metal bedframe sticking out on the side of the bed, Blood all over the sheets. What's next?
We just got back last week from our trip and most of the stay at YC we spent in bed sick with the flu and a trip to the er. Hopefully things turn around for you!

Checking out of the Beach Club tomorrow morning and have about two cases of water (Nestle Pure Life, 16.9 oz bottles) left. If anyone wants it, I can leave it outside my room in the morning. PM me if interested.

Oh no! I hope you’re ok. So sorry:hug:

Had to report it to the CL desk- the had to file an incident report. I guess housekeeping notified the desk. Leg ok- just bled a lot. Needed a couple of bandaids. I guess it had to be reported incase something happened to me. They came and fixed the metal piece on the bed when we were at the park!

Had to report it to the CL desk- the had to file an incident report. I guess housekeeping notified the desk. Leg ok- just bled a lot. Needed a couple of bandaids. I guess it had to be reported incase something happened to me. They came and fixed the metal piece on the bed when we were at the park!
I hope everything is great for the rest of your trip!!:flower1:

Just got back from a 3 night trip CL. Our room was 5149, view of lake and fireworks. Which was nice so we could stay in room where it was warm to view them. Our room was a handicap room 2 queens which were very low to the floor. No space for luggage. Regular tub with some grab bars and bathroom was one large space. No separation from bathtub and sinks. It was a great location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!