Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm not sure what to do yet, I'm going to wait a while and see if AP discounts are any better.

We're AP holders as well, but went ahead and booked our summer trip anyway when we noticed how small the discounts were for spring. In a lot of cases just 15% :worried: (not much different than general public), and availability was slim. We figure we can have them applied later if something decent is available.

So late summer discounts were released today, and I'm just curious about other people's thoughts on why the discount on YC is so much better than BC, especially now that it's all remodeled. Could it just be the dog policy?

It is very common to find the BC with a lower discount than the YC. The BC has always been more popular than the YC and therefore have less of a need for an incentive to fill rooms.

But I think the YC also might have a problem filling rooms because of the dog friendly policy. When we booked a bounce back we had no trouble getting YC but the BC was not available at the time. I told the bounce back CM that I bet it was the dog policy that was keeping people away from the YC and all I heard from him was silence. He had no response to my observation about the dog policy being unpopular.

Last edited:
Actually, the YC has always been a little less popular than the BC. And very often the discounts are greater at Yacht than Beach with more availability. When people comment on it, they often say they like the lighter decor at BC. Or they feel YC is too “stuffy”. Or people don’t like seeing all the convention goers at the YC. They don’t want to vacation in a hotel where lots of people are in business attire in the lobby & elevators. Those are the top reasons given usually.

Since I prefer YC, I’m fine if most other people book BC! I have seen this for the 20 years we have been staying here. True there are some people not booking because of the pet trial, but this has been the trend long before that.

Actually, the YC has always been a little less popular than the BC. And very often the discounts are greater at Yacht than Beach with more availability. When people comment on it, they often say they like the lighter decor at BC. Or they feel YC is too “stuffy”. Or people don’t like seeing all the convention goers at the YC. They don’t want to vacation in a hotel where lots of people are in business attire in the lobby & elevators. Those are the top reasons given usually.

Since I prefer YC, I’m fine if most other people book BC! I have seen this for the 20 years we have been staying here. True there are some people not booking because of the pet trial, but this has been the trend long before that.

I actually loved staying at the convention hotel because there was hardly ever anyone else at the bus stop in the morning! Maybe 1-3 other families besides us. Then we'd pull up to the BC bus stop and it was yards and yards of people and strollers fighting to get on while we sat in our seats!

:banana::banana::banana:Be Our Guest List :banana::banana::banana:

If you would like to be added to the "Be Our Guest" List, post on this thread with the dates of your stay, which resort (BC, YC, BCV) and any other info you want to include (special birthday or anniversary celebration, first Disney trip, family gathering, etc.)

lumiere.jpg

February :love:

kaismahma Feb BC (maybe) after Cheer Championship
kproud876 Feb 2 nights ??
TylerK Feb BCV studio
DisneyCharacter Feb BC GV
HolRae Feb 1-5 BC (then AKL Feb 5-10) (20th Anniversary) :love:
iloverags2 Feb 3-5 YC (Birthday celebration)
merdie Feb 3-10 BC
anita46 Feb 4-9 BC CL
DisneyGuy Feb 7-?? YC
poohnpigletCA Feb 7-17 YC
mineu Feb 9-13 YC
patster734 Feb 10-12 BC LV
amylevan Feb 10-?? BC
Rach73 Feb 10-15 YC
My3SweetSuns Feb 10-17 BC
mieuxmew Feb 10-17 YC
disneygirl1972 Feb 11-14 BCV 2BR (split stay)
PolyAddict Feb 11-15 BCV
DIS-OH Feb 22-26 BC Princess Half
btk2333 Feb 22-28 BC
vettegirl Feb 23-26 YC CL WV, Mommy/Son trip
mindystar Feb 25 1 night BC LV (during Half Marathon)
shoes99 Feb 25-28 YC GV
OhMom Feb 25-March 3 YC CL
Wsmagee Feb 25-March 4 BC 2BR
zillayen Feb 27-March 4 YC
eeyoreland end of Feb BC

March :shamrock:

nat8199 March YC
Minniemoo15 March BCV (3 studio villas)
Dr. Cynthia Lair March BC
DaisyNY March BC (villa?)
Jayhawk75 March?
EeyoreME March 3-10 Moved to All Star Movies (DH 38th BD, Flower & Garden)

Minniemoo15 early March BCV
DevonsDisneyMom first week in March BC (Adults Only!)
NJlauren March 2-7 BC
aboveH20 March 2-9 YC
My3SweetSuns March 3-5 YC CL
Sandi March 3-7 YC GV
Mopedmom1 March 3-8 YC
Pdollar88 March 3-9 YC
Crazyhorse March 5-11 YC Deluxe CL
ConnecticutNonna March 7-13 BC CL (Celebrating DD's 39th BD)
Best_Vacation_EVER March 13-23 BC CL LV
figmentedfollies March 14-18 BC
Blended Disney March 17-22 BCV
waltdisfam4 March 20-27 BC
SleighBelle March 29-April 8 BCV

April :umbrella:

Polyrob spring 2018 BC/split with Poly
cindernat April BCV
Allthingsmickey4 April BC (after wedding at GF) :love2:
Princess Mulan April BC
10CJ April BCV 2BR
brajfamily April BC
MickeyMinnieMom April BC (maybe)

paule350 April/Easter YC LV
GTApex April 2-7 BCV 2BR villa (after split 3/30-4/2 at AoA Nemo)
MrsPMcD April 7-11 BCV (Dad's 50th BD, Flower & Garden)
msk April 8-14 YC
Bellabully April 12-20 BC (before first Dream cruise)
focusondisney April 14-20 YC CL
no one April 16-20 BC CL (split with WL)
Hapi April 21-28 BCV 2BR DS BD
Kellygain8704 April 21-29 YC
KerryCM April 24-May 1 BC CL (shhhh!) :ssst:
cindernat April 24-May1 BC or BCV
Lolaura84 April 27-30 BCV studio
paule350 April 29-?? BC or YC?
kenziesnow April 29-May 6 BC
shortster April 30-May 6 BC
AllThingsMickey4 end of April BC (maybe YC) Wedding!!! :love:

May :daisy:

horse11 May BC
MarieA May BC
Juliet25 May BC SV
defendthehill May BC

vettegirl May 1-8 YC GV
goofynut41 May 2-10 BC
BoatDriver May 4-8 BC
Blended Disney May 4-8 BCV (DS 15th BD)
jpalasky May 4-12 YC CL LV
Tiggerish May 6-15 YC
ricosuave May 9-17 BC
horselover May 12-14 YC CL/BCV
Tess May 12-19 BCV
iheartbelle87 May 13-17 BC GV
gometros May 16-22 BCV
bookbabe626 May 18-21 BC SV
Nicnic May 21-June 1 BC (after Clearwater Beach)
canyoncam May 22-25 BCV
dreamer17555 May 22-27 YC CL SV (after Poly Pool View 5/17-22)
izzylovesmickey May 23-26 YC CL
happymommy May 23-31 BCV 1BR (Anniversary) :love2:
MMR76 end of May (10 nights) YC GV
RocketCityMama May/June ?? Family Celebrations: 18th Anniv, DD HS Grad, DD first trip :love:

Hi! My DD and I will be staying YC CL May 22-23. We are celebrating her Sweet 16 princess:

I have not rented a car, but I believe you can drop off at the Dolphin, which is next door to the Yacht Club.

Next door is relative. It's a bit of a trek from the Dolphin with grocery bags. If you've got lightweight stuff, no problem. A case of water? No way.

That's an interesting take. We've stayed at the Yacht Club 5 times in the last 7 years or so and the only time I ever noticed any convention folks was when we happened to stay at the same time the Florida Democratic convention was going on. Crew's Cup was super-packed in the evenings with business people attending the convention. Otherwise, everyone always seems like a regular Disney vacationer.

Hi all! Can you post our upcoming stay on the Be Our Guest list? Haven't stayed at BC in a couple of years (we've been at BWI the last two or three times) so looking forward to getting reaquainted with the resort. We'll be there from 11/27-12/2.

Awesome! I’d love it if my DD does the college program when she gets a little older :D

My DD was 15 or 16 when a dinner at Biergarten changed her future! We were seated with a lovely family, the son was (and is) a manager at WDW! He talked to my DD about the College Program and I think right then and there she knew she wanted to do it!

She’s a full time CM who is close to completing her degree in psychology and sociology. Disney may not be her lifelong career, but it is a wonderful experience she wouldn’t trade for anything!

We officially booked a room for June 21-24 at Yacht Club, garden view! Super excited to check out this resort, especially Stormalong Bay.

And on that note if anyone has any garden view room recommendations I'd appreciate them!

Oh wow lucky you - enjoy! I would definitely ask for a 'gazebo view' That's what I had requested for our last trip, if you get it facing towards Epcot you pretty much get a Lagoon View too. in the end we ended up getting upgraded to a proper Lagoon View room but if you look at my pics of our view (link in footer below) our view is only 3 doors up from a 'gazebo' garden view. Have a wonderful time!!

I actually loved staying at the convention hotel because there was hardly ever anyone else at the bus stop in the morning! Maybe 1-3 other families besides us. Then we'd pull up to the BC bus stop and it was yards and yards of people and strollers fighting to get on while we sat in our seats!

Even when we stay at the BC we walk to the YC bus because of this!! We sit up at the back to avoid the already stressed out people getting on. However last time we were at the YC there was a MASSIVE convention and they were a bit annoying, does kill your vacation buzz travelling down to the lobby with a stressed out exec checking their phone all the time. We also got weird looks from them on our way to MNSSHP with our Disneybound costumes and ears but we just laughed that they didn't realise that THEY were the odd ones out! Lose the lanyard and grab some ears - you're at Disney!!

Page 1174

Yep...we're doing a split stay...Dec 20-23 at WL and then Dec 23-27 in the suite at the BC. :)

Got it!

:goodvibes

Dee, you're so funny..the creepy adults without kids on the Pirate cruise! LOL

We're doing the Eastern on the Fantasy again (although last year it got changed to Western) Fingers crossed this hurricane season is better than last year!!!
Last year we got off and you got on!

Funny, but very awkward!

Yes, hoping the coming fall has a quieter weather pattern.

::yes::

We are staying at Beach Club with my in-laws in May. We have a 1.5 year old and have a Pool Lagoon view room with Meal Plan. I think I may want to switch to a one bedroom suite because of naps, bed time, etc. Does anyone know how much more this will cost? Our in-laws have paid for the trip, but I'd like to pay for the upgrade. I'm very excited to use the Dining Plan for the first time! Any help you could provide would be appreciated, Thank you!!

:welcome: to the thread and posting on the DIS.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

As others have said, we aren't able to answer the question about what the cost difference would be for the upgrade because it will be based on a lot of factors specific to your situation. Your best bet is to call the Central Reservations Office to ask for a quote and to see if there are any discounts available for the time of your stay.

With the suite (I assume at the resort, not the villas), you would get club level access, which would provide a light breakfast and other food/snacks/drinks throughout the day. It is a nice perk, although with the Dining Plan, you will find that you have an abundance of food.

I would suggest that you request a room with a full balcony as that will give a little extra room and a place for some of the adults to go during naptime.

:thumbsup2

Hi

Looking for some advice.

We are looking to book for summer 19 in a few weeks when UK free dining is released. We have stayed at the YC a few years ago and loved it but thinking of booking the BC, garden view, this time. I've read some negative comments about soundproofing issues at the YC due to the wooden floor and Dh has allergies so a little concerned with the dogs in rooms.
Is the only negative of the beach club the potential of a standing balcony? We could live with this if we had a nice garden rather than woods view.

With the refurbs is it still just a matter of taste or are the rooms at one resort superior now? It is looking like both resorts will be the same price.

Thanks for any advice.

For me, the balcony size is the main downsize. Cost may be another factor- similar rooms may be available at different prices at the two resorts.

Here are the differences between the two resorts (posted on Page 1, Post 1) to consider.

ETA: I will update the listing below to indicate that the buses generally pick up and drop off at YC first. I guess that is another plus for the YC- sometimes the buses are full when they get to the BC at busy times.

What are the differences between the Beach Club and the Yacht Club?

The Beach Club and Yacht Club are similar resorts in terms of service and amenities, and have equal access to the shared pool complex, health club and video arcade. Both resorts have the same management team in place.

Some minor differences have been noted by guests:

Beach Club- club level lounge renovated in 2014, room renovations completed in August 2015
Lighter, beachy decor in lobby and rooms
Lobby can be active and lively with families waiting for meals at Cape May
Closer to EPCOT and Marketplace Gift Shop/Quick Serve Dining
Approximately 50% of rooms in all room categories have full balconies. The remaining are standing balconies.
Room attribues include carpets on floor, ceiling fans, Cuisinart Pod Coffee Makers

Yacht Club- renovations to club level lounge started October 2015, room renovations completed in June 2017
Darker woods and nautical decor in lobby and rooms
Lobby is more serene
Convention attendees are more likely to be booked at YC
Closer to Hollywood Studios and Friendship Boats
Most rooms have a full balcony
Room attributes include wood floors, lots of storage units, Keurig coffee makers. No ceiling fans in rooms following the rehab.

* Starting in October 2017, pet dogs are now being welcomed in guest rooms at the Yacht Club resort. Additional information posted at the beginning of this post.

Want more details about the differences between the two resorts? Check out this awesome blog post (November 2011) from The World of Deej:
The World of Deej: BC vs. YC

Pixarmom's comparison of BC and YC

Thank you! DH and I will be there 9/17-9/22, and staying at POP from 9/13-9/17. It'll be our first split stay and our first stay at a Deluxe. We're excited!

Excellent! Let us know if you have any questions.

:cool2:

So excited to be back at Beach Club Villas for another January stay!! We'll be at BCV from Jan. 10-15!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Purchasing water in Beach Club Marketplace and Yacht Club Market at Ale & Compass

Mission for someone there now (or soon)-

What is available for bottled water (cases of water bottles and gallons of water) in the resort gift shops for Yacht & Beach.

This is the info I have based on the latest reports (as of this summer)

Reports as of August 2017, the large cases of water are no longer available in the resort gift shops. Smaller quantities are still sold:
$3.99 for an 8 pack of 12 oz. bottles

Jan 2016: Case of 24 12 oz. bottles Dasani Water: $6.39

Purchasing water in Beach Club Marketplace and Yacht Club Market at Ale & Compass

Mission for someone there now (or soon)-

What is available for bottled water (cases of water bottles and gallons of water) in the resort gift shops for Yacht & Beach.

This is the info I have based on the latest reports (as of this summer)

Reports as of August 2017, the large cases of water are no longer available in the resort gift shops. Smaller quantities are still sold:
$3.99 for an 8 pack of 12 oz. bottles

Jan 2016: Case of 24 12 oz. bottles Dasani Water: $6.39

I've tried to ask a few times in the past when I was just gathering information and not actually purchasing. The cast members could never give me an exact answer. They always said, "It costs about..." And there was never a sign on the shelf indicating a price. Hopefully someone will have better luck than I did.

Page 1175-1177

Hi all! Happy to say we'll be heading back to Yacht Club August 30 - September 3, if you could add us to the Be Our Guest list. I'm going HOME!! :)

Will do!

:dogdance:

I've asked that here before, and it's been difficult to nail down why. My first stay at either resort was YC this past December. It was really nice, but not what I would consider "Disney magic" if you will. We stayed at WL a few weeks ago now, and were just completely taken with the place, in contrast. When I watch this thread, it seems as though people are way higher on BC for whatever reason. My wife and I have booked a September trip to BC based a lot on the enthusiasm for that resort. We're hoping it doesn't feel quite as "convention center", and more like Disney.

EDIT: Our BC stay is 9/10 through 9/16 btw, for "Be our Guest" purposes! :)

Got it.

:goodvibes

Hi! My DD and I will be staying YC CL May 22-23. We are celebrating her Sweet 16 princess:

:welcome:

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:bday:

Hi all! Can you post our upcoming stay on the Be Our Guest list? Haven't stayed at BC in a couple of years (we've been at BWI the last two or three times) so looking forward to getting reaquainted with the resort. We'll be there from 11/27-12/2.

Of course!

:woohoo:

We officially booked a room for June 21-24 at Yacht Club, garden view! Super excited to check out this resort, especially Stormalong Bay.

And on that note if anyone has any garden view room recommendations I'd appreciate them!

I'll add you to the list and second the suggestion for "wedding gazebo view"

:cool1:

I've tried to ask a few times in the past when I was just gathering information and not actually purchasing. The cast members could never give me an exact answer. They always said, "It costs about..." And there was never a sign on the shelf indicating a price. Hopefully someone will have better luck than I did.

Yeah, I wish the prices were clearly marked or that the CMs were more helpful when asked. Sheesh, it is a legitimate question!

::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter