Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I took a few pictures of the painting that they were doing at the BC this past Friday.

scaffolding at BC quiet pool.JPG

This is really hard to see but there is scaffolding in between the two buildings. You can see the top of the scaffolding above the roof line. They are painting the area between the buildings, where there are doors into the buildings. Both sides have scaffolding. The rest of the quiet pool has been painted already. In fact, we saw them painting it when we were there in June. The pool is open and you can enter the building under the scaffolding on the right.

lift trucks at BC 2 painting.jpg

The other area where we saw painting was under the porte cochere - the front door of the Beach Club. This painting work was very loud. I was surprised to hear how loud it was. I think the noise of the machines were echoing in that covered area and making it worse.

lift trucks at BC front.jpg

This is right next to the entryway to the Beach Club. Everyone who drove, took a taxi, Magical Express or a park bus would walk past this.

They told us that they had been painting for two weeks. They were also painting the walkway to the bus stop.

I took a few pictures of the painting that they were doing at the BC this past Friday.

View attachment 352114

This is really hard to see but there is scaffolding in between the two buildings. You can see the top of the scaffolding above the roof line. They are painting the area between the buildings, where there are doors into the buildings. Both sides have scaffolding. The rest of the quiet pool has been painted already. In fact, we saw them painting it when we were there in June. The pool is open and you can enter the building under the scaffolding on the right.

View attachment 352116

The other area where we saw painting was under the porte cochere - the front door of the Beach Club. This painting work was very loud. I was surprised to hear how loud it was. I think the noise of the machines were echoing in that covered area and making it worse.

View attachment 352125

This is right next to the entryway to the Beach Club. Everyone who drove, took a taxi, Magical Express or a park bus would walk past this.

They told us that they had been painting for two weeks. They were also painting the walkway to the bus stop.
Do you think most of this will be finished up by the end of October?

View attachment 352114

View attachment 352116

View attachment 352125

This is exactly what we experienced. The building where they are currently painting is the one we stayed in. Thankfully the noise was non existent in our room but on our balcony and around the public areas was a whole different thing. It also meant the door out of that building was blocked off and the windows in the main areas were covered.
It did look like the building was in need of painting! Or at least the areas that looked to be untouched yet did. I can understand needing to maintain and freshen things up but I would have liked a warning BEFORE our trip. Not just a letter in the room at check in.

ETA:I saw you mentioned the door to the right was opened. The door that was closed off for us was the one closest to the elevator and our room.
We actually never ventured to find the other doorway although I did see a sign directing to a different exit. Must have been the one you mentioned.

Last edited:
Do you think most of this will be finished up by the end of October?
I would hope so. It looked like they had finished with the majority of the resort.

ETA:I saw you mentioned the door to the right was opened. The door that was closed off for us was the one closest to the elevator and our room.
We actually never ventured to find the other doorway although I did see a sign directing to a different exit. Must have been the one you mentioned.

We walked past this elevator and saw that the door was closed off and the windows were all covered up. We kept walking and found that the next door was open. They had created a protected walkway under the scaffolding so that people could get to the quiet pool and the laundry room. The funny thing is that the door near the elevator that was locked when we were there on Saturday was also locked when we were there in June. Back then they were painting the building and we couldn't use that exit door.

It sounds like the multi-month painting project at the BC will soon wrap up. Has anyone heard if the painting crews will move over to the YC, after the BC exterior painting is completed?

As there was no advance notice provided for the BC painting, I assume there would not be any for the YC, either.

I would hope so. It looked like they had finished with the majority of the resort.

We walked past this elevator and saw that the door was closed off and the windows were all covered up. We kept walking and found that the next door was open. They had created a protected walkway under the scaffolding so that people could get to the quiet pool and the laundry room. The funny thing is that the door near the elevator that was locked when we were there on Saturday was also locked when we were there in June. Back then they were painting the building and we couldn't use that exit door.

Oh goodness the pictures of the crane in the front are kinda rough to look at lol. I would think this would be done soon. When i was there in May they were working on the back of the resort maybe they are almost done because they are in the front now???

Has anyone here done the Regatta Run?

It sounds like quite a fun activity to do, and the pin you get with the swag at end looks awesome, but I don't know if me and my wife are kidding ourselves by thinking we could do a 3K run in Florida morning heat! :crazy2: Neither of us are runners, but we could certainly attempt a jog and regular hearty walking... I just wouldn't want to see all of these mega marathon runners lap us as we wonder if we've done the first 100 metres yet.
You can do it! It's a "fun run" or walk, however you want to navigate it. My wife and I will be doing it on 10/18 [I'm hoping they continue through October] so I can report back on the "race" dynamics after that. Not sure when you are going, but typical mornings around 8:00 AM in October are usually pretty comfortable for running. Sun doesn't come up until around 7:30 AM in mid-October.

Hi, Dee,

Well, I now need a change to the Be Our Guest List.... My dates have remained the same, but this morning I was able to score a Yacht Club Standard Club room for LESS than my Beach Club Stuido Villa....(an Annual Passholder Holiday special offer)!

So, my entry is now Nov 24 - Dec - 1 - YC Club Level - and the rest is the same. Since my co-travelers will be in the Dolphin, this is a WIN WIN WIN (Saves Money, Added Club benefits, and closer to my friends!).

I've never stayed in YC, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Jeanne

I have to say, WE ARE ENJOYING OUR STAY!. When we arrived our room was not ready, talked to the front desk and was told we could have a room wit two queens or wait for our room that was being cleaned. We had on our reservation "Garden View," we were UPGRADED to "Water View." Let me tell you when we finally go to our room, OMG it was beautiful. No K-cup, which we knew. Ordered a K-cup from Amazon that we are using. We have a King size bed with a FULL BALCONY. It is at the corner on the 4th floor. We love it. Now it is a matter of deciding what to do for next year.

One down, one to go!

I was able to get one 2BR villa for our trip next summer, but still working on the second. I put in requests through David's and the DVC store, but both are saying that they have no one who can make that reservation right now. I thought it would be easy to find someone, but now I'm not so hopeful. Any ideas?

One down, one to go!

I was able to get one 2BR villa for our trip next summer, but still working on the second. I put in requests through David's and the DVC store, but both are saying that they have no one who can make that reservation right now. I thought it would be easy to find someone, but now I'm not so hopeful. Any ideas?
As you are learning, demand for DVC Rentals far exceeds supply. And BCV is particularly difficult due to its small size

As you are learning, demand for DVC Rentals far exceeds supply. And BCV is particularly difficult due to its small size

Yea, I'm learning that pretty quickly. I priced out the cost of two regular hotel rooms, and it's roughly about the same with an anticipated AP discount. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that, but I guess that's a first world problem!

Driving down 95 now and we’re just hours away from checking in to YC. We should be rolling in around seven. Ideally we’d be getting in now but a family emergency delayed our New York departure yesterday by about fourteen hours lol. Haven’t stayed at Yacht in over a decade so I’m ready to get reacquainted!

It's been too long since I've stayed at the YC and have no memory of the layout. Any suggestions for a garden view room that would be close to the elevators and transportation? All I remember about our room before is we were a mile from the elevators and the walk back after a long day was exhausting!

It's been too long since I've stayed at the YC and have no memory of the layout. Any suggestions for a garden view room that would be close to the elevators and transportation? All I remember about our room before is add those exact rewe were a mile from the elevators and the walk back after a long day was exhausting!
Just add those exact requests to your room reservation - close to elevator and transportation. Most rooms have two queen beds, though there are some rooms with a king bed. If you prefer a walk-in shower over a tub/shower combo, or vice versa, add that request, as well.

Last year at the BCV my only request was “near elevator “. We were literally the last Villa on the last side hall in the building. We couldn’t have been further from either elevator, though we were closer to the single elevator that opens near the Dune Cove Pool than the main elevator. Since I know requests can never be guaranteed I decided it was our turn for that hike and we just made the best of it.

It's been too long since I've stayed at the YC and have no memory of the layout. Any suggestions for a garden view room that would be close to the elevators and transportation? All I remember about our room before is we were a mile from the elevators and the walk back after a long day was exhausting!

Driving down 95 now and we’re just hours away from checking in to YC. We should be rolling in around seven. Ideally we’d be getting in now but a family emergency delayed our New York departure yesterday by about fourteen hours lol. Haven’t stayed at Yacht in over a decade so I’m ready to get reacquainted!
How was the drive on 95?

How was the drive on 95?

Almost completely closed in North Carolina still. We detoured at Rocky Mount (a combo of parkways and local roads that didn’t add too much extra time) and didn’t hook back up with 95 until South Carolina. The good news is SC was completely open. Nothing closed in either direction. Everything else was normal 95 activity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!