Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

They recently switched the welcome gift from a small box of chocolates from The Ganachery.

I believe the small quick breads are orange/cranberry. Did your milk come with the garnish of a black fleck floating on the surface, too? :)
We got the chocolates in July. Lol no black fleck garnish in our milk.

I don’t know where you’re shipping from, but this may not be cheap. You have one week, and that could mean the cheaper Ground shipping will be too slow, so you have to go with the more expensive Air (if UPS or FedEx).

Also this is the time of year where the carriers can’t keep up. I ordered something through Amazon Prime which was supposed to be delivered to my house on Friday. On Friday morning, the UPS tracking said Out For Delivery. Never came. On Saturday morning I got an email that the package will arrive by the end of the day on Tuesday.

If you use UPS or FedEx, the package will go to the Business Office in the YC/BC Convention Center. The outside vendor which runs the office will charge a handling fee. I believe you can call over and have your boxes brought to your room, but only during certain hours. If later, ask at front desk.

If you use USPS, the boxes go to a central delivery office at Disney World before going to your hotel, so you need to leave extra time for that. Boxes will be delivered to hotel front desk. Disney can charge a handling fee.

That gives me some insight, because no idea if they would be open Christmas Eve, which is monday, our family member who is living with someone has had a few packages stolen and well i am just trying to avoid this.

We just got back from a 4 night stay at YC. The trip was booked only a few weeks ago, after my son was cleared by his doctor to go (he had brain surgery in early October). Booked a pool/water view room with an AP discount. We were arriving on a very late flight, so I was surprised that I did not get a room text until we landed at MCO at 10:30 pm. To my surprise it was a club level room! We have stayed club level before, but never at YC. I had actually considered booking it for this trip since we would have more hotel time than normal since my son still had limited energy, but it was just too expensive. It ended up making it a perfect trip. The CL staff was fantastic. They made sure we had everything we need, and rearranged some dining reservations including our CP reservation last minute when my son needed unplanned breaks. The food and drinks were great, and the staff in the lounge was very accommodating if you asked for something different. Mousekeeping did a great job, the Christmas decorations at YC and BC were beautiful. The kids had a great time in the pool. My only complaint was the transportation to Animal Kingdom mid-day took almost 30 minutes for the bus to arrive, and the return trip to the airport took forever with so many stops before heading to the airport. In all though, we continue to love the YC/BC, and even more so the club level!

Has anyone noticed anything different with Ale & Compass? I loved the blueberry/bacon pancakes back in March, but the same meal was made completely different in October. Rather than incorporating the blueberries and bacon into the batter, it seemed like some were just thrown on top of the plate as an afterthought. I chalked it up to a different chef or something and figured it would be fine in December, but I got the same thing. I originally planned two breakfasts here this past trip, but cancelled the second one since it wasn't as good as I remembered the first time. The menu did seem to change since March (waffle type and something else I can't remember), but I wasn't sure if any other dishes had any other inconsistencies.

I feel like I see so many people on here getting room upgrades which is great! I'm wondering, though, if the only people that say anything are the people getting the upgrades. Is this pretty common at BC/YC? We were there during October so I know it was a busy time and that explains why we didn't get an upgrade.

I feel like I see so many people on here getting room upgrades which is great! I'm wondering, though, if the only people that say anything are the people getting the upgrades. Is this pretty common at BC/YC? We were there during October so I know it was a busy time and that explains why we didn't get an upgrade.
I was at BC in March and October and YC in July and December and did not receive an upgrade. Just timing and luck of the draw I guess.

I was at BC in March and October and YC in July and December and did not receive an upgrade. Just timing and luck of the draw I guess.
Thanks for your experiences. I think you're right that it's all luck and time of year probably plays a part, too. I was just curious because I constantly see people on here talking about being upgraded. We still had a good time at BC in our standard room since we weren't in there much

Probably long answered and I missed it but I saw someone post a request for current pool hours sometime recently. This was as of this past weekend:

Pool Hours Dec 2018.jpeg

BTW, had a great quick trip to YC this past weekend. It was the perfect resort and location for a quick WDW holiday trip.

BTW, had a great quick trip to YC this past weekend. It was the perfect resort and location for a quick WDW holiday trip.

Agreed, I just don't think you can overstate the location - the convenience of being able to walk to Epcot and HS, and if so desired, take a monorail to MK. I took my first solo trip here last week and it was truly awesome. I just know I wouldn't have gotten out as much, (especially in the evenings), if I had to deal with crowded buses and such. Being able to just stroll over to a park at my leisure was absolutely grand!

We stayed at YC this past weekend.... received the room category we paid for. No one ever comes on and posts about the 1,000’s of non-upgrade and non-Pixie Dust moments that happen each day. ;)

But to answer your question, I don’t think it’s any more common at YC/BC than it is at any other resort, generally speaking.

We stayed at YC this past weekend.... received the room category we paid for. No one ever comes on and posts about the 1,000’s of non-upgrade and non-Pixie Dust moments that happen each day. ;)

But to answer your question, I don’t think it’s any more common at YC/BC than it is at any other resort, generally speaking.
Thanks for your input!

This is the first trip out of at least 20 that we got upgraded - and I did not ask, we actually checked in at 11 pm downstairs and the room was already assigned. I had not even noted on the reservation that we were celebrating anything. I do think it's just luck!!

25 years of Disney trips and we were upgraded once. That’s was to club level at Wilderness lodge in the middle of refurb. Since our trip was already fully planned out the only thing it meant for us was free rolls in the morning and Mk fireworks from our balcony.

I’ve suffered thru standard “roof” view at YC, and the longest walks possible at both YC & BWI. But the worst room I had at BC was one overlooking the waterside entrance to lobby. It was noisy from 6am till 1:00 am. I now never book standard. I’ve upgraded myself

We are officially OBSESSED with the Beach Club and are excited to return for Thanksgiving 2019 - for 19 (19!!!!) nights, starting 11/14/19!
We got home from our 16 night stay last Wednesday and I immediately began the race to rent enough points to return next year before our AP's expire on 11/28.

We visited many other resorts during our 2.5 weeks, including the Poly and AK Lodge and there is nowhere else we even wanted to attempt to stay for our next trip - even for a split stay.

I am so excited to bring my kids back "HOME" in 11 short months :) :)

In over 30 years of nearly annual visits we were upgraded once at the BCV. It is not common

Well sure, only people who actually get an upgrade say anything. Most people don’t point out when they get the category they booked. We have been staying a WDW since ‘92, started in moderates back then. Started staying at YC late 90s (so 20 years now) & we go 1- 3 times a year for the last 15 years or so. We’ve been upgraded twice, both short 3/ 4 night stays. Of course, we now almost exclusively book waterview club level, so it’s hard to get upgraded from that!

Remember too, Y & B (& all Disney resorts) are usually pretty fully booked. When the hotel is booked at over 90% capacity, rooms aren’t available even if they wanted to give upgrades.

Most people go for years without getting an upgrade. You might just be noticing more because you have made a few trips this year & have been paying more attention while you planned. It really isn’t common at all.

Last edited:
Yeah, but don't you just dream of that day when you arrive at the YC and they tell you that you need to come with them, you are staying in the castle room at the magic kingdom?:rolleyes1
Katesdad

We’ve already gotten the “hard” upgrade, the 2 bedroom captain’s deck suite a few years ago. The castle suite would fall in the “impossible” category! :rotfl2:

Way, way overdue on this board! For numerous reasons our usual early December YC stay was pushed to THIS WEEK. Felt so, so, so guilty taking DS, 4, away from home on Christmas and for Santa, but here we are. Since I kept debating about santa's visit and possibly canceling, I did NO research on anything new since May. Now it's crunch time. We arrive Thursday, 20-27.

I know about the holiday mugs, which will likely be gone by Thursday. I know there is a special shake at B and C. Bought lights and garland to decorate the room. And, that's it. Nervous about the crowds and bummed about the weather...I had hoped we could avoid the crowds by staying at SAB all day.

Any other true Christmas trip tips? Do they change the activities for the week of Christmas?

I know about the holiday mugs, which will likely be gone by Thursday. I know there is a special shake at B and C.
There were plenty of holiday mugs at the BC Marketplace and Market at Ale & Compass last week. Beaches & Cream still had maroon lid/handles so maybe it has some old inventory as well.

As for the special shakes, the commemorative cups are sold out! I was told last week it would be "at least 3 weeks" before they came back in. They were very popular during the initial test and more are on the way. I was still able to get the actual shakes and was only charged $8 rather than the $14 for the one with the cup. I checked back daily in the event I got bad info, but it seemed consistent. I was also told they could be ordered at the walkup when I know I read they were only for dine-in reservations. YMMV Hoping they're back in stock for your trip! I've got my eye on one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter