Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list!

Was your honeymoon stay at the Beach Club? If so, the resort must have been relatively new at the time.

:love:

It was! Back in 1995, before the Boardwalk or Animal Kingdom even existed! We are hoping to get into the same room even, or close (any of the ones in the general area would be fine). Fingers crossed!

Arriving very early for my WDW trip in April. Staying at Beach Club, but I can't imagine there's any chance of actually getting in early check-in and I want to head right to the parks when I arrive.

Are there shower facilities at Stormalong Bay (or elsewhere) so I can clean myself up after my flight, before heading into the parks? Would they be equipped with soap/shampoo/etc.?

Thanks very much!

Arriving very early for my WDW trip in April. Staying at Beach Club, but I can't imagine there's any chance of actually getting in early check-in and I want to head right to the parks when I arrive.

Are there shower facilities at Stormalong Bay (or elsewhere) so I can clean myself up after my flight, before heading into the parks? Would they be equipped with soap/shampoo/etc.?

Thanks very much!
Yes there are locker rooms with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, towels etc.

Thanks very much!

See post 2 on page 1 of this thread for pictures & info. The shower room is off the walkway between Y & B clubs. The pictures show shampoo but there have been reports that there isn’t shampoo. So maybe it is hit or miss? No hair dryer either

What room should we request? We have Garden View and prefer first floor but a higher floor probably would be ok if close to the elevator.
A room overlooking the garden by the volleyball court would be perfect for you. It would meet all your requests. :)
We have been lucky enough to have been in four of these rooms, two of which were on the ground floor.

Here is a link to the room that we had in December:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-room-views.3057904/page-10#post-61502905

Last edited:

Page 1602

We would like to stay Club Level at Yacht Club but the other CL rooms available are "standard" with a view of the parking area or rooftop... can anyone comment on rooms to request for the better views?

Let us know when/if you book.

Some of the YC CL SV rooms that overlook the front entrance (parking lot) have distant views of MK fireworks.

Check out the Yacht Club Room Views thread in the Resorts Community subforum. The posts are indexed by view, so check out the Standard View rooms with numbers starting with "5" 5XXX

:thumbsup2

Hey all! Staying at Beach Club, club level for the first time in late July. I have a question about the lounge offerings, specifically, bottled water. Is it available for guests to take into the park with them? I'm trying to figure out if I'll need to have a few cases delivered to our resort. Thank you!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

As others have indicated, there are no bottles of water available to go in the lounge.

Some options:

1. bring a refill bottle, fill with water dispenser in lounge (you will probably need to use a separate cup for hygienic purposes
2. Buy gallons of water from the Marketplace for your refill bottle
3. Purchase water bottles from the Marketplace
4. Have water bottles delivered
5. Confession- I am super thrifty ("cheap"). I bring a refill bottle and "make" water when I am staying away from home. I fill my bottle and the ice bucket with filtered ice from the ice maker (can't remember, is there one available at club level) at night or in the morning and leave it in the room to melt. Get fresh ice. Add ice and melted ice to refill bottle. I also used the melted ice for the coffee maker as well.

🚰

What room should we request? We have Garden View and prefer first floor but a higher floor probably would be ok if close to the elevator. DH will have an ECV. He can walk short distances but we want to minimize walking as much as possible. We don't necessarily need a handicap room. We would like to be close to the lobby/transportation/pool if that's possible. We'll spend a good amount of time of our 6 day stay at the resort with some late afternoons and evenings at the parks. Any suggestions on room location or specific rooms to request? I will be putting in a request through Touring Plans.
TIA

When is your trip? Which resort, BC or YC?

A possible request: "Close to lobby, please. First floor preferred"

::yes::

Thanks very much!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

As others have indicated, yes there are now poolside locker rooms/shower for guests to use.

🚿

Staying at BC in the villas Sept 7-14...SOOOOO excited!!! I'ts been our goal to stay at an Epcot resort for years and it's finally happening! Really excited to be able to just get up and walk to Epcot/HS :)

I'll add you to the list.

You will love the location and ease of getting to these two parks!

:thumbsup2

We are coming "home" April 4-12!! We can't wait!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list. Which resort is home? BC or YC?

:woohoo:

Last edited:
Usually just a lurker here but excited to be heading back again!!! Although an a trip in the August heat is a little worrisome - it is literally the only time that would work for us this year! So we are currently booked at BC 7/31-8/7. It is our first time staying at BC as we have always preferred YC. No garden view availability at the YC though... so BC it is... Still keeping an eye out for YC openings or maybe biting the bullet and paying the extra $$ for a water view room at YC. Maybe if my husbands bonus turns out to be more than we expect!!!

Usually just a lurker here but excited to be heading back again!!! Although an a trip in the August heat is a little worrisome - it is literally the only time that would work for us this year! So we are currently booked at BC 7/31-8/7. It is our first time staying at BC as we have always preferred YC. No garden view availability at the YC though... so BC it is... Still keeping an eye out for YC openings or maybe biting the bullet and paying the extra $$ for a water view room at YC. Maybe if my husbands bonus turns out to be more than we expect!!!
Have you thought about a split stay? The YC has Garden/Woods View available for 07/31-08/06; you could then book 08/06-08/07 at the BC, which has Water View available or BWI, which has Standard, Garden, and Water View available for that last night. I imagine, though, that between now and your dates, a Garden View room may become available for all nights.

Have you thought about a split stay? The YC has Garden/Woods View available for 07/31-08/06; you could then book 08/06-08/07 at the BC, which has Water View available or BWI, which has Standard, Garden, and Water View available for that last night. I imagine, though, that between now and your dates, a Garden View room may become available for all nights.
Even with as easy as Disney makes it - there is no way my husband would agree to a split stay. Don't get me wrong - BC is a great resort and I am sure we will love it. The guaranteed balcony/patio and easier access to the first bus stop when headed to parks always makes YC a better choice for us.

easier access to the first bus stop when headed to parks always makes YC a better choice for us.

We have stayed BC twice in early / mid August. I know people have said that the buses go to YC first, but that hasn't been my experience in the mornings. We got totally empty buses at BC to head to the parks.

On the way back from the parks at afternoon / night, the buses did stop at both resorts, which makes sense as there's only one place to board a bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!