Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

And i was also one of those PP who was told by guest services that SAB would open on 8/24 but when i called yesterday to reconfirm I was now told by the very nice CM that they have no confirmation of SAB opening and guests booked in the reopened YC will be allowed to use BWV pools.

Yep, closed indefinitely:(

Page 1656

Question about the Yacht Club couch bed: I've seen plenty of pics of it folded down and they all show black straps criss crossing the matress. Do those unfasten...or do they just remain in place? I feel like it's a silly question, but also not since I haven't seen any evidence of them being undone. :upsidedow And I'm just picturing a fitted sheet over them and it being rather uncomfortable.

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming visit to the Yacht Club booked?

I haven't used a daybed at the YC, but I'm glad others were able to give you reassurance that they are comfortable.

:thumbsup2

I have a question about the Lafferty Place Arcade. Is it still there with the renovations that were done to Beaches and Cream? My son wants to know, lol.

:welcome: to posting on this forum!

I think I have pictures of the Lafferty Place Arcade after the Beaches & Cream expansion posted on Page 1. It would be in Post 5, Amenities.

Let us know if you do book a stay here sometime down the road.

:goodvibes

Dee, hope you and all our YC/ BC east-coast friends are safe and the sun has come out on a damage-free Homefront.

Katesdad

Thanks for the good wishes and concern.

We personally did fine, just a few branches down. My brother-in-law, about an hour north, had a huge tree come down, just scratching the house but not doing the major damage than it would have if it had been a couple of feet closer. Some power loss in the area.

But given all the trouble 2020 has wrought and that this has been a banner year for great whites spotted along the east coast and our area, I kind of expected

sharknado.jpg

I just got a call from Disney resort guest services and was informed our upcoming January 2021 stay at the Beach Club would have to be moved to another resort. I was given the choice of the YC or the BCV. I took the YC. Price remained the same. The castmember said there is no date planned to reopen the BC for 2021 at this point. I was very shocked.

Change noted!

::yes::

Last edited:
Ha, totally forgot the resort part! We're YC gals!

Also, you can remove us from this September, we finally decided to cancel :sad:

I missed my typing error, Sis!

Hopefully having next year's trip booked will help with the disappointment(s) of this year.

:hug:

Last edited:

Sadly, we need to now adjust our dates once again....

Dee can you please remove us from the November 28-December 5 slot, and move it to April 24 - May 1, 2021 (still YC). Just too many obstacles this fall and too few perks. Although, I will miss that nice Water View upgrade!

I have to call and cancel BC for April 2021. Or should I not? Should I wait? I really don’t want to reschedule to YC or BCV if there won’t be SAB. Do you think SAB will be open for Easter recess? What should I hope to be changed to? Is it only Epcot resorts?

I have to call and cancel BC for April 2021. Or should I not? Should I wait? I really don’t want to reschedule to YC or BCV if there won’t be SAB. Do you think SAB will be open for Easter recess? What should I hope to be changed to? Is it only Epcot resorts?

Nobody knows what is going to happen. April is a long ways away still. I would wait to see.

Nobody knows what is going to happen. April is a long ways away still. I would wait to see.
Someone before posted that their January trip was rescheduled. OP said if I wait there may be limited choices to go to. Do you think I should wait?

Someone before posted that their January trip was rescheduled. OP said if I wait there may be limited choices to go to. Do you think I should wait?
It’s a very personal decision on if it’s worth it to you to wait and see. For some the gamble is worth it, might get SAB. For others it is not, might get no SAB/unacceptable alternative. You need to decide where your comfort level is.

I just got a call from Disney resort guest services and was informed our upcoming January 2021 stay at the Beach Club would have to be moved to another resort. I was given the choice of the YC or the BCV. I took the YC. Price remained the same. The castmember said there is no date planned to reopen the BC for 2021 at this point. I was very shocked.
I’m intrigued they’re consolidating Jan bookings. Wonder if it’s a business call, like they’re trying to harden up Q1 bookings after the disaster that has been the “solid” bookings of fall that cancelled left and right... I take it you booked direct with Disney?

The good news is in 2 weeks we'll all have a clearer picture on whether or not SAB will be open when YC opens.
As to whether you should move resorts, you can always move to your preference and then if BC opens before your trip move back.

Currently you can't modify a BC stay since the BC is currently closed until further notice. If you want to move to another resort there are a couple of phone numbers you can try.

(407) 934-7639 - Regular modification number referenced from within MDE
(407) 939-1936 - General number

Dave

I’m seeing lots of people on Facebook saying they’ve gotten calls to move their beach club stays into next summer 2021. I moved my sept 2020 stay but haven’t heard a peep on my January 2021 and Sept 2021 backups.

what are you all experiencing with that?

I called yesterday about my April 2021 reservation after seeing someone had someone call regarding January 2021. The CM told me they are only cancelling in phases since they don’t know what’s going on. They are only on September and October cancellations. She said that she has not heard anything about 2021. I kept my reservation. I know all CMs have different info but she also put me on hold for about 10 min while she checked with someone else.

Page 1657

Please forgive me if this has been addressed... I can't find it. Are there any other pools that are opened for B&Y club right now? Quiet pools? We aren't visiting until December but we always love taking a swim break in the afternoon. We choose Beach Club due to easy access to Epcot and Hollywood. They moved us to Yacht club. I always thought Beach Club was more popular. I was surprised it will be closed in December. Thoughts?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

As others have indicated, the BC quiet pool and BCV quiet pool are both open at the resort, and guests of BCV currently have privileges at the Boardwalk Clown Pool.

We should have a better idea of the future availability of SAB when the Yacht Club resort opens to guests shortly (see what I did there) at the end of the month.

:fish:

Are washer/dryers in every DVC building at BC?

:welcome: to the DIS and this thread!

I forgot to give you the official howdy in my previous response.

:wave2:

Feature pools at other hotels not currently occupied by NBA players are open, correct? That gives me hope that SAB will open in late August when Yacht Club opens for guests. We just switched a November stay from Boardwalk to Yacht Club, and my husband is thrilled because he has always wanted to stay there. We are hoping SAB will be open for our daughter!

Given that they've always checked Magic Bands/room keys at the gate, I wonder if it would be possible to enforce a SAB capacity each day. Although with only YC and BCV open, that's likely not an issue.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for November.

Excellent point about the wrist bands and being able to monitor the capacity at SAB when it opens. Maybe they can scan people out when they leave the pool area to keep an accurate count.

:cool2:

For me, it's now the Yacht Club. Same dates. Same hopes and dreams!
Thanks!!!

Got it!

Hi Dee, we had to switch to YC, same dates Nov. 1-5.

Done!

Page 1658

I would think that once YC opens A&C and Yachtsman would open even if SAB doesn't. Similar to CG and CM opening once they opened Contemporary. But you never know.

Good points!

:offtopic:

I have not been paying attention to the restaurant scene. Do you (or anyone) know what is going on with character dining spots? Are places in the parks like Crystal Palace and Garden Grill open currently? If so, I assume family style or plated meals.

Is Chef Mickeys accepting future reservations? Starting when?

:goodvibes

The way I look at it is, the sooner you talk to them, the more chance that they will have a number of options. If you wait to the last minute for Disney to just put you where they have room, you might not have a choice to move. You can always call and see what options they give you. You don't have to make any decisions on that call and can call back to see what another cast member says.

:welcome: to posting on this thread.

Excellent insight in this post and your other ones.

The CM started looking at other resorts at Epcot, starting with YC and gave a price for a 1 bedroom at BCV and at BWV, same thing happened when we switched another reservation from BWI. On the BC reservation we initially went with BCV, but later switched to Riviera because we realized we just really wanted to try it (and it was only like 3 nights of our 8 night trip, so not a huge deal). For our BWV we chose YC because the price was actually cheaper, and since it's just DH and I we didn't need a villa (what was offered even though a studio would do). They never once looked at prices at resorts outside of the Epcot area.

Thanks for sharing the change process with us.

Well, Dee, you can add me to the “I just switched to YC” but kept the same dates. (Didn’t save any $ but I’m still set for handicapped accessible with rolli in shower for Pop.) I’m nervous of course, but when I mentioned BC was closed he got pretty depressed, so I called for the switch. I still may have to cancel- depends on how he is doing- but I sure hope not. Thanks!

Got it!

:cool2:

@natebenma - When you get a chance, can you change me from BC to YC for my October trip? Still a garden view. Thanks!

Will do!

Page 1659-1660

Sadly, we need to now adjust our dates once again....

Dee can you please remove us from the November 28-December 5 slot, and move it to April 24 - May 1, 2021 (still YC). Just too many obstacles this fall and too few perks. Although, I will miss that nice Water View upgrade!

Will do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter