Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hoping to stay at YC in April 2021. We’ve stayed at BC before. Besides the decor, are there any major differences between the two?

Hoping to stay at YC in April 2021. We’ve stayed at BC before. Besides the decor, are there any major differences between the two?
Major? No! Minor; YC - Full balconies/patios for all [99%] rooms, first stop for MK and AK bus, YC closer to Friendship boat dock, slightly further walk [a whole 2 - 3 minutes] to Epcot IG from YC. In addition, dining choices are different between the 2 resorts but negligible since access is readily available to both.

i think some YC rooms have showers only (no bathtubs) which could be important to some people.

Yeah i gave in to the pressure of the unknown and cancelled my 2 YCWV rooms and booked a 2 bedroom preferred view villa at the Rivera.
Here is a video of Riviera from my favorite vlogger pre covid. Just watching it made me want to stay there.

Another one.

Major? No! Minor; YC - Full balconies/patios for all [99%] rooms, first stop for MK and AK bus, YC closer to Friendship boat dock, slightly further walk [a whole 2 - 3 minutes] to Epcot IG from YC. In addition, dining choices are different between the 2 resorts but negligible since access is readily available to both.
i think some YC rooms have showers only (no bathtubs) which could be important to some people.
Thank you both! Seems like the YC will work for us 😀

Got an email from Disney...I chose still coming. My reservation is not until Nov. I hope they are not going to close more resorts!

Returning to a World of Magic
Though some of our experiences have changed, the magic never fades. It never wavers. And it's still waiting for you to come and experience it. That's why we are excited about your upcoming Disney Resort hotel stay.

We ask that you kindly review all of the following operational updates then click the REVIEW AND CONFIRM button here or at the bottom of this email to confirm, modify or cancel your upcoming visit.

Here are a few of the changes.​

I have not been paying attention to the restaurant scene. Do you (or anyone) know what is going on with character dining spots? Are places in the parks like Crystal Palace and Garden Grill open currently? If so, I assume family style or plated meals.

Is Chef Mickeys accepting future reservations? Starting when?
They are all currently closed in the Parks. Chef Mickey's is accepting reservations for a family style breakfast only with no lunch or dinner.

As a reminder ADRs are only available through Oct. 10 as it is a moving 60 day window.

Dave

Anyone stayed at BCV recently and used bus transportation to MK, AK, and/or DS and willing to share your thoughts? We're coming later this fall and trying to decide whether to rent a car (AP- parking fees not an issue), Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van, or just rely on bus transport? Really missing the ability to walk through Epcot and catch monorail!

Anyone stayed at BCV recently and used bus transportation to MK, AK, and/or DS and willing to share your thoughts? We're coming later this fall and trying to decide whether to rent a car (AP- parking fees not an issue), Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van, or just rely on bus transport? Really missing the ability to walk through Epcot and catch monorail!

i am not there but have been reading through the threads here. Minnie Vans are not running. If you try uber or lyft at park opening you have to be careful not to arrive too early because cars cannot get in early and have to keep driving around (which someone said increased the cost). Can’t sit in front seat of uber or lyft now so you could need a bigger vehicles or more vehicles than in the past. Many complaints about buses - seems like not enough running given the limited capacity. If you are comfortable driving and it fits in your budget, consider renting a car.

Got an email from Disney...I chose still coming. My reservation is not until Nov. I hope they are not going to close more resorts!

Returning to a World of Magic
Though some of our experiences have changed, the magic never fades. It never wavers. And it's still waiting for you to come and experience it. That's why we are excited about your upcoming Disney Resort hotel stay.

We ask that you kindly review all of the following operational updates then click the REVIEW AND CONFIRM button here or at the bottom of this email to confirm, modify or cancel your upcoming visit.

Here are a few of the changes.​

I got the same email for my Oct trip. I might shorten the trip so I have not done anything with it yet.

Page 1658

:welcome:

Good points!

:offtopic:

I have not been paying attention to the restaurant scene. Do you (or anyone) know what is going on with character dining spots? Are places in the parks like Crystal Palace and Garden Grill open currently? If so, I assume family style or plated meals.

Is Chef Mickeys accepting future reservations? Starting when?

:goodvibes
They are all currently closed in the Parks. Chef Mickey's is accepting reservations for a family style breakfast only with no lunch or dinner.

As a reminder ADRs are only available through Oct. 10 as it is a moving 60 day window.

Dave

Garden Grill is open with a "modified" character experience. I believe the only other restaurant on property with any form of character interaction is Topolino's breakfast.

ETA: Also our family is staying at BCV August 22 thru 28.

Last edited:
We stayed there Jul 18-25th didn't really have any issues with WDW Bus Transportation. We did have to wait about 10 minutes for the bus to MK one day (AK seemed to be quicker but maybe we were just lucky), but the travel time was quick with no additional stops to the parks or back (which is an improvement vs previous years). Just a note that there is no bus service to DHS but the Skyliner was easy to get to and took about 20 minutes (give or take). If you're just wanting to go to the parks I wouldn't spend the money on a rental but if you wanted to go to other places I'd consider that or an Uber/Lyft.

Here is a video of Riviera from my favorite vlogger pre covid. Just watching it made me want to stay there.

Another one.
Thanks for this! Rivera is really a beautiful resort! YC has been our fave and yearly go to resort since 2015 but I think this is the perfect time to try something new! My heart will break with all the changes and closures at the YCBC and on the Boardwalk so the experience if we stayed again would be so different. This way ( as i talked to myself) we will have all new experiences this trip and we won’t be reminded so much of how it was preCovid...

We stayed there Jul 18-25th didn't really have any issues with WDW Bus Transportation. We did have to wait about 10 minutes for the bus to MK one day (AK seemed to be quicker but maybe we were just lucky), but the travel time was quick with no additional stops to the parks or back (which is an improvement vs previous years). Just a note that there is no bus service to DHS but the Skyliner was easy to get to and took about 20 minutes (give or take). If you're just wanting to go to the parks I wouldn't spend the money on a rental but if you wanted to go to other places I'd consider that or an Uber/Lyft.

That's definitely better than what I was anticipating! Thanks for your insights!

Regarding Stormalong Bay, I would take it as a good sign that my friend who works with the water activity department (not sure exactly what, but she is more than just a lifeguard) who had been temporarily reassigned to Galaxy’s Edge posted on her FB this morning that she will be in a swimsuit at Yacht and Beach Club starting Sunday.

I’m seeing lots of people on Facebook saying they’ve gotten calls to move their beach club stays into next summer 2021. I moved my sept 2020 stay but haven’t heard a peep on my January 2021 and Sept 2021 backups.

what are you all experiencing with that?

I was called last week about our Jan 2021 trip. We were set to stay at BWI. I was told it would still be closed and she said they moved us to the Riviera. So I’m assuming it’s the same with BC. You’ll probably be getting a call soon.

Regarding Stormalong Bay, I would take it as a good sign that my friend who works with the water activity department (not sure exactly what, but she is more than just a lifeguard) who had been temporarily reassigned to Galaxy’s Edge posted on her FB this morning that she will be in a swimsuit at Yacht and Beach Club starting Sunday.
We may share a friend. I saw a post saying the same thing.

I was called last week about our Jan 2021 trip. We were set to stay at BWI. I was told it would still be closed and she said they moved us to the Riviera. So I’m assuming it’s the same with BC. You’ll probably be getting a call soon.

I was thinking that....but now they are calling people with trips way after mine so its confusing how they are deciding whom to call

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts