Disposable Bibs

the4moores

Mouseketeer
anyone know where to get disposable bibs? I thought this would be a great idea but I haven't seen any.

Hi there. I haven't seen any recently. When I went last year, I picked up a travel pack at Loblaws that had some quilted plastic disposable change pads (great for those disgusting fast food restaurants that don't have change tables) and about 5 disposable bibs. If you do find some, can you post it and let me know where ... we're from London too and I think we're going to WDW at exactly the same time !!! :Pinkbounc

My ds is 2 but I still like to have bibs on him, especially when we travel. When he was much smaller, I just kept the really old, stained bibs aside and used them as disposables for the trip. Where are you staying when you go? We will be at ASMusic for 12 nights. :)

Mary Liz

This is what BAD BAD SandraC does: steals them from McDonalds! :eek:

I also nabbed a bunch of the those disposible change pads from an uppity washroom someplace. They were GREAT for all sorts of things! They are like a very large, super thick and strong quilted paper towel.

The McD's bibs are great and if you are worried about someone noticing they are from McD's, just turn them around backwards.

I also have several from Chuck E. Cheese too! ;)

I do like the idea of saving old bibs too! S

When my son was small I bought them at a small independent pharmacy in Waterloo. The next time I'm there I'll drop in and check the name brand --- they were really affordable and a great idea.

Maryliz we will be staying at FW for 11 nights. Are your driving? We will be driving and I think my dd has developed car sickness. Now we know why she was always the quiet one in the car. We went camping a few weeks ago and she threw up in the car. And the other day we drove across the city and she was saying "I'm going to choke" So I hope the looooooooooong ride goes okay.

I have seen similar bibs at local dollar stores - good luck!

My son tends to be prone to motion sickness too! It seems if he travels at odd hours or mess up normal routine look out if you are in the car or air!

We have found that when travelling we carry pb&j sandwiches and other snacks so that we can give him food to match his normal eating times. We also find that children's gravol is a wonderful help. He is 7 and this has been happening since he was 2.

Often a good sign that he will be sick is he gets really hot, tends to burp and then get the "barf bag ready". Good luck. Try to give your daughter direct ventilation too. We have also found reading to be bad for my son in the car.

I will check out the dollar stores as well. I do have a couple of "Kooshies" bibs that nicely wipe off (at least for a couple of meals) and then they really need to be washed. I always take a little thing of dish soap with me so I can wash it in the sink. But I do prefer disposables. As for car sickness, I take one of those large Becel containers (keep it in reach of the front passenger) and a bottle of Febreeze under the seat. When we went in Feb 2001, my 10 month old was sick all over his snowsuit and the car seat. To this day don't even know what possessed me to put that Febreeze in the car but it was certainly a god-send.;) I don't give my kids Gravol 'cause when they are feeling ill, Gravol just brings it on faster, if you get my drift (lol)

4moores - yes, we are driving. Planning on leaving on the 27th and checking into ASMu on the Sat night. Are you camping at FW or are you staying in the cabins? We did the cabins 5 years ago and loved it. We are planning on going over to FW one night to have supper at Trails End, see the petting zoo, and if the water pageant still runs, we'll watch it from the beach at FW. How old are your kids? Our dd is 5 and our ds is 2.

Happy Countdown !

Mary Liz

We check in on the Monday and we are camping for 11 nights. We have dd4 and dd2. We are looking forward to staying at the campground. Sounds like their is a lot to do but I am a little nervous that 11 nights camping is A LOT. By the way Febreeze is a great idea, I already added it to my packing list. Have a great vacation!

I can't help with the bib problem since my 2 are long past that stage, but when I was young I got car sick and my mother always kept soda bisquits in the car. They seem to absorb some of the excess acid that causes the sickness and I found that they helped.
I'm SO jealous of 11 days camping at FW! We stayed there for 3 nights a couple of years ago and just loved it! It was the best camp site we've ever had. I assume that you've been over to the camping board to pick up lots of tips and ideas. They are a great bunch over there.
Have a great trip!

Hi Everyone:

Pampers sells the disposable bibs. They are available everywhere in the US (Walmart, Target etc. They are only available in larger cities in Canada. I live in Edmonton and the only place that stocks them is 1 Zellers store. You can call the toll-free number of Pampers and give them your postal code and they will tell you where to find them in your city. Oh, they are called Bibsters.

Wendy

WendyK ... thanks for the tip ! I'll be calling the Pampers number. I don't think I've ever seen them here, but then I probably wasn't looking for them either. I started my "lists" last night, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much of the snack-stuff I've already bought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter