Dive in Movies at HRH

tarheelmjfan

Proud Redhead
I have just heard about this. Can anyone give us more info? Do they show a movie every night? What time is the movie? What type of movies do they show? What type of refreshments? We'll be there Oct. 24th-27th will they have a movie during this time? Feel free to fill us in on any pertinent info I may have failed to ask about. :D Thanks!

We were there last weekend and they showed " Mrs. Doubtfire" on a big screen on the sand beach area on Friday night. I think it started at 8 pm. My kids and hubby went out to watch it, kids floated around in a big yellow raft that they gave them. I asked if they had popcorn, like I had read in another post here, but they said they didn't see any.

Bchamp,
Do you happen to remember what any of those posts were titled? I did a search, but there was only 1 post that came up, the one which I originally read about this on a couple days ago. I've tried reading through some trip reports and posts on this forum, but I can't seem to find anything. I would love to know more about this. Thanks for your help.

Can anyone else give me any info about this?

tarheelmjfan --

It was quite awhile ago, maybe a month or so, when I read a post about popcorn being put out. I did a search also, but so far can't find the post.
There might have been something by the pool bar area, but my kids did not see it.
Popcorn and the pool don't seem like they go togethere too well, lol.
Maybe someone else can help with some info.

Does anyone know if they ever show the movies on Saturday nights? We are going to be there Memorial Day weekend, but not till Saturday. It really sounds like fun, I think my DS would enjoy it. We won't get there until about 6 pm on Saturday, that would be a fun, low key thing to do, since we will probably be kind of tired.

When we were at the HRH in april during their birthday bash they had dive-in movies on fri and sat. The other times they had the movies on fri night. I saw people with popcorn, but i dont know where it came from or if it cost anything.

Patty

When we were there May 3-7 the schedule for dive-in movies for the rest of the month was Fridays only. They also had a schedule of other daily activities going on in the pool area like volleyball and basketball tournaments and other types of games.

Thanks for the info. We will be at HRH the Fri after Memorial Day. This seems like a nice way to end a busy day/week.

Originally posted by Bchamp
We were there last weekend and they showed " Mrs. Doubtfire" on a big screen on the sand beach area on Friday night. I think it started at 8 pm. My kids and hubby went out to watch it, kids floated around in a big yellow raft that they gave them. I asked if they had popcorn, like I had read in another post here, but they said they didn't see any.

I was there that night at the bar, they DID have popcorn available at the bar. I'm not sure if they were selling it or not. Too bad I didn't know to look for you or I would have said hello! It was a beautiful night! We didn't stay long, I just wanted to show the rest of my party the dive in movies. They are only on friday's at HRH for now.

When we were there in March, the popcorn from the poolside bar cost $4 a box, but you could get free refills. :D

We were there May 10 - May 13 and they only had movie on Friday night. Looked like fun but we had flown in that day and gotten up at 3:30 a.m. so we didn't make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter