DIY Minnie Ears

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
My wife is not feeling well and will be stuck in the house for about a week. When not in bed, I want her to still take it easy, so I am going to get her some crafting stuff. I can take care of the cooking and cleaning.

She has been wanting to make Minnie ears. She has a crazy amount of material and all of that. What she needs is the bands. Where can I get comfortable bands, prefereably those thicker ones? The skinny ones with the combs on them are her enemy as she has really wavy hair. She says the ones they sell in Disney "squeeze her brain". So where can I get plain comfortable bands that she can use for crafting her own ears?

Not sure where you are but most craft stores should have them. I get mine at Hobby Lobby because they have a better price than the one's at Jo Ann's. Some people order them from amazon but I didn't want as many that were in a lot and I wanted to know how tight the headband was before I bought it.

Hope she feels better soon!

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to offer a suggestion, as I am in the process of making minnie ears too.
I picked up some cheap thicker headbands at a dollar store or the like, but was afraid of that same "squeezing my brain" situation (as I usually get headaches from it). So, I stretched the bands.
I found something larger than my head and let them rest for a while around it. I used a large cannister in my kitchen, but whatever you have like that should work. The idea is not to bend them, just stretch them.

Oh my goodness, what a difference!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!