DL Closure Comfort Food and Drinks

Oh yum! Pineapple vodka sounds amazing with it!

I am not sure if I can say on here or not.....I will PM you =) We just started :goodvibes
Have you ever tried the Pineapple Malibu Rum? I'm curious to try it but haven't yet.

Oh no... now I remember why I wanted from buy frozen pineapples yesterday while grocery shopping.I totally forgot that I wanted to try homemade Dohle whip...So I didn’t buy any... I guess I gotta for next week now...

but today I at least have the chance to eat some churros...(not easy to find anywhere here in Germany...)

I needed a non-Disney snack thread (i think we have one of those in the main forum), except now we're talking Dole Whip 😋
Okay, so... I’m gonna stir the pot 🤣 Someone explain to me about Dole Whips. It’s like pineapple frozen yogurt, right? Or like a soft serve. We’ve had them at the zoo forever. Sometimes there are other flavors like strawberry, watermelon, or mango. Do these not exist elsewhere in California?

Okay, so... I’m gonna stir the pot 🤣 Someone explain to me about Dole Whips. It’s like pineapple frozen yogurt, right? Or like a soft serve. We’ve had them at the zoo forever. Sometimes there are other flavors like strawberry, watermelon, or mango. Do these not exist elsewhere in California?
Yes, like pineapple soft serve. At DL they added raspberry, mango and lemon I think at Tropical Hideaway. Before it used to be pineapple only or a dole whip float with pineapple juice.

I live in the bay are and occasionally our fro-yo place will have dole whip. I think I read that the Santa Cruz boardwalk also sells it, but I haven't been there in YEARS!

What?! What is this wizardry?! Where do I find that in the store?! I have never seen that in my Costco before, but will literally drive an hour north to obtain some, if necessary. Is it in the liquor store part? I need that for Fourth of July, lol.

When you go to our Costco it’s right by the seasonal stuff when you walk in like the pool towels, toys, aaaaaaand booze popsicles!

Side note- the denver zoo dole whips are identical! Same exact machine makes them. 👍

Yes, like pineapple soft serve. At DL they added raspberry, mango and lemon I think at Tropical Hideaway. Before it used to be pineapple only or a dole whip float with pineapple juice.

I live in the bay are and occasionally our fro-yo place will have dole whip. I think I read that the Santa Cruz boardwalk also sells it, but I haven't been there in YEARS!
Huh. I'm surprised they aren't more widely available. I'll be honest, I've had the Dole Whips and they are fine, but I can guarantee they aren't my favorite Disney treat without even having visited. I have my eye on that raspberry macaron thing!!! 🤤

Last edited:
I have no idea what a vodka popsicle is, but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t intrigued. I’d like some jalapeño poppers, but we are fresh out, boo.

Safeway had something similar to these a couple months ago. I thought about buying them but didn't.

This is so funny...I'd never heard of these Costco vodcicles until I saw them in this thread a few days ago. Yesterday, I got a package from my mom that included a container of these! How did she know? It's so unlike anything she would normally ever buy. Makes me happy, though, because I haven't gone to Costco (and probably won't) since the pandemic stuff.

And at the DLH, you could get them with rum, too.

View attachment 504507

Safeway had something similar to these a couple months ago. I thought about buying them but didn't.
Your Safeway can sell liquor? Our grocery stores are allowed to sell beer and hard seltzers and stuff, but no wine or liquor. I wish they could sell wine, at least, but it was rather a push just for them to be allowed to sell beer. I think that only happened about a year ago!

Your Safeway can sell liquor? Our grocery stores are allowed to sell beer and hard seltzers and stuff, but no wine or liquor. I wish they could sell wine, at least, but it was rather a push just for them to be allowed to sell beer. I think that only happened about a year ago!
I never even thought about that until we went to Delaware last year. Here in CA, it's the norm for grocery stores to sell liquor. I was surprised when I went into a grocery store in Delaware last summer to find that you had to go to a specific liquor-selling establishment, and then my teenage daughter had to stay in the car. It made it seem a lot more sinful to buy alcohol, LOL.

I wish Oregon would follow in California's footsteps. We have beer, wine, ciders and hard seltzer at the grocery stores, but you can't just buy a bottle of vodka or other spirit. For those you have to go to a liquor store - and yes, @DizMe , it does make it feel more sinful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter