DL Presidents' Day week - crowds, refurbs, weather?

iujen94

DIS Veteran
Hi! We are comtemplating a trip to DL over Presidents' Day week next year (Feb. 19-23). My kids have that whole week off, so we could avoid actual Presidents' Day and just come for the middle/latter part of that week. I know WDW is nuts that entire week - wondering what DL is like crowd-wise? Also, any refurbs that typically happen that time of year? Finally, what can we expect weather-wise that time of year (we love the water rides but don't love freezing). Thanks!!

We have that week off, too, and went a couple of years ago. It was much more crowded than we anticipated. We were very surprised and ran in to lots of people from our area. I wouldn't let it stop me from heading down at that time again, but I would absolutely not expect low crowds.

There doesn't seem to be a sweet spot anymore.

That week was pretty bad this year... huge crowds, lots of rides down, and short hours... the Tuesday of that week, people were waiting a legitimate 40+ minutes to get through security on the Harbor side. I have pictures of guests essentially stretching back to Harbor; it was crazy!

You can have fun even in crowds, of course, but just keep expectations in check!

As mentioned, there always seems to be attractions undergoing refurbishment. Very few attractions have consistent periods when they go down (mostly just the attractions that have holiday overlays), so there is really no way to know what will be down when you get there until DLR posts the refurbishment information.

We were there this year the Wed and Thurs of President's week. We stayed at HOJOs just a short walk away and the wait to enter through security was insane. It's what I would have expected over Thanksgiving or Christmas. Just way too many people. We prefer to go during low/moderate crowd times. I'd only entertain returning during that week if we had access to EMH. The weather was fine- jeans and t-shirt weather with a sweater for evening.

We went this year. Arrived Wednesday of President's week and stayed through Sunday. Was so, so crowded! It felt like summer crowds! Weather was very pleasant, though. Jeans and t-shirt with a sweatshirt in the mornings and evenings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter