DL tours

isyt

DIS Veteran
Help, has anyone done the 50th Celebration tour or the Walk in Walt's footsteps tour? I would like to do one of them but am undecided. My kids are 5, 7 and 9 and do enjoy the tours. Whats your recommendation??????

Have you taken them on the discover the magic tour? That might be a little more geared toward their ages. My husband did the Walk in Walts in March when we were there. He enjoyed it. We didnt think our kids (4 and 7) would enjoy it so I took them on rides while he went.

I've heard good things about the 50th tour, and since its ending soon it might be a good choice. Not to mention you get a couple rides, and reserved seating for the parade or fireworks, so it's a good option.

hlbtimes2 said:
Have you taken them on the discover the magic tour? That might be a little more geared toward their ages. My husband did the Walk in Walts in March when we were there. He enjoyed it. We didnt think our kids (4 and 7) would enjoy it so I took them on rides while he went.

I've heard good things about the 50th tour, and since its ending soon it might be a good choice. Not to mention you get a couple rides, and reserved seating for the parade or fireworks, so it's a good option.

I actually tried this tour first but its not available during the week. We are going during the week for less crowds, guess we missed the boat on that one. I did snag 5 seats for the balcony for Fantasmic on Sep1 :cool1: !! I am real excited about that, anyone else get it???

My kids (especially the 9 yr old ) are really good on tours and love Walt (the man). My 9 yr old did a oral report for her class about Walt and she did such a great job they had her do it for the school. I was very proud!!! We are a WDW family and go 3-4 times a year, so they now do get into the backround stuff.

If anyone has been on the tours I would love to hear about it!!!

I really want to do the Discover the Magic Tour, but I'm afraid it won't be available when we go in November. I plan to at least ask though.

DH and I did the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and it was very good :thumbsup2 (except for the REALLY annoying man that was on the tour with us, but that is another story :rolleyes: )!

We got EE and met at GS in the morning. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable, we could ask any questions we wanted, and he gave us all sorts of little tid bits and trivia info, which was awsome. :woohoo: We got to go in Club 33 (just in the lobby), and we ate lunch on the patio in what was supposed to be Walt's apt and is now the Art Gallery.

Lunch was pretty good, we got a special gold pin that I am pretty sure they were only giving away on this tour (I am about 99.99% sure that is what they told me), and only during the 50th celebration. pixiedust:

Make sure you make ressies as soon as you know what you want to do. When I called a few months out, there was only one day left for when I was going to be there! :scared1:

I just went on the Walk in Walt's Foosteps tour (9 days ago) with DH; it was fantastic, although I would say it's geared toward adults. (The day we went there were only 4 of us, but I saw our guide, Nathan, giving the tour the next day and the tour appeared to have a range from 8 YOs to seniors. I do think the tour guides are pretty good at addressing the group's interests, but keep the tour's focus on the biographical/theme-park connection in mind when you make your decision.

On our tour, we spent quite a bit of time on Main Street. Because the group was so small, we could ask lots of questions, which also put us behind schedule. We got to see Club 33 (yes, lobby only), but didn't have the time to see the Tiki Room. We did get to go to the Opera House (and see the film celebrating Walt) and ride the train. Lunch, at the Disney Gallery where you'll be for F! Balcony seating, was filling and refreshing. There are pins for all participants. [Do know that this tour doesn't offer a look backstage or reserved seating.]

isyt said:
Help, has anyone done the 50th Celebration tour or the Walk in Walt's footsteps tour? I would like to do one of them but am undecided. My kids are 5, 7 and 9 and do enjoy the tours. Whats your recommendation??????
I did both a year ago during DL's 50th weekend celebration. Since the From Imagination to Celebration tour will be ending soon I would recommend that one first. In addition to seeing the 50th exhibit and movie, if you take the first tour of the day you get backdoored to 5 rides and if you do the other 3 tours of the day you get backdoored on 3 rides and priority seating at the parade or fireworks plus a box snack and some cool gifts including a group photo and souvenir ticket booklet of the history of DL. Our tour guide Nicole was way cool and funny and knowledgeable. The Walk in Walt's Footsteps is similar, with a visit to special attractions including The Tiki Room and Club 33 lobby. You also get lunch on The Disney Gallery Balcony and a pin. Nancy was our tour guide and reminded us of her working at DL when Walt was still alive.
I think you and your kids might like the 50th tour better than the Walt tour. JMO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter