DLP Veterans please help!

kchughes

Mouseketeer
We are WDW veterans. DS and I will be on a school trip to London and Paris in June 2019. Considering adding some days after the official tour ends to visit DLP. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for me as my husband does not fly. I have questions:
Leaning towards Sequoia Lodge-GF room. Mostly because I am concerned about safety and would prefer our door open to an inside hallway and we be in the main building. Is my understanding of the set up correct?
Fastpasses- I read the GF rooms give you one extra. For the other ones, do you just go up to the ride, and get you Fastpass for your later return time? Like WDW used to be before magic bands and prebooking FP?

Our group tour ends on 11 June 2019 and will be leaving from CDG. Could we travel to CDG with our group and then get the Magical Shuttle to DLP? Are there other options to travel from Paris to DLP?

It's too far out for us to know what time the group flight will be leaving. Would 3 1/2 days allow us time to see the parks and village?
Dining- Would not be booking a dining plan. It does not make sense for us. But it does not look like I would need to book any TS we decided to do way in advance?

Crowds- We would be there weekdays. What are crowds like 11 June-14 June (approximately)?

Any help or insight is appreciated. I'm not finding near as much info on DLP as WDW!
Sorry for the long post.

I think I might count as a DLP veteran.

Firstly you are right, if you want to be in a room which is in the main building you will need to stay in the Sequoia Lodge, Newport Bay, New York or Disneyland Hotel. You don’t need a Golden Forest room to ensure you’re in the main building at SL, you can pay a smaller supplement to ensure a standard room. If you do decide on FF you will get the one ride a day fast pass you describe. When we stayed in February this year there were restrictions on using it early afternoon but it was a nice bonus.

You also get access to the GF lounge with full brakfast, afternoon snacks and all hot and cold drinks.

All other fast passes are as you suggest paper just like the old WDW ones
You could get the shuttle from CDG or there is a fast TGV train which takes you to the station at the village. I’d think 3.5 days would be more than enough. I’ve never visited in June so count comment on crowds sorry!

Attachments

• 55270AD5-12C3-4546-ACC2-613E3A529949.jpeg
    55270AD5-12C3-4546-ACC2-613E3A529949.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 4D4ADFFE-01C3-4163-88E9-1722CE60DC61.jpeg
    4D4ADFFE-01C3-4163-88E9-1722CE60DC61.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 242C0B63-E322-4712-9D9D-137E16DDBD75.jpeg
    242C0B63-E322-4712-9D9D-137E16DDBD75.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 9
  • C397D361-CED5-45A1-8EA8-B94FB750B441.jpeg
    C397D361-CED5-45A1-8EA8-B94FB750B441.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 9
Leaning towards Sequoia Lodge-GF room. Mostly because I am concerned about safety and would prefer our door open to an inside hallway and we be in the main building. Is my understanding of the set up correct?

I have stayed at Santa Fe and standard room in Sequoia Lodge. While both of these are blocks separate from the main hotel building, they have inside corridors, not outside. They are like apartment buildings, with a main front door and inside corridors. The room doors open to an inside hallway and there are both stairs and elevators.

There are also standard rooms in the main building of Sequoia Lodge. These are cheaper than Golden Forest Concierge / Club level but more expensive than the standard rooms in the Lodges.

Newport Bay is the largest hotel. Depending on your room location there may be up to a 15 minute walk from your room to the restaurant / lobby/ reception / other hotel amenities/ exit to Lake Disney area.

Fastpasses- I read the GF rooms give you one extra. For the other ones, do you just go up to the ride, and get you Fastpass for your later return time? Like WDW used to be before magic bands and prebooking FP?

The GF rooms have the Hotel Fast Pass. This is a printed voucher which you get at check in. The vouchers are 1 per day per person in the party. They have the lead persons name ( the person who is on the hotel booking) the name of the hotel and the date on which they can be used printed on them. They can be used ONLY on rides which have the regular Fastpass and they can not be used between 1pm and 4pm.

The regular Fastpass, yes you are correct, it is like the old legacy paper Fastpass from WDW. However there are fewer Fastpass rides in Disneyland Paris.

These are the rides which have Fastpass
Main Park
Big Thunder Mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Indiana Jones Roller coaster
Star Tours
Space Mountain
Peter Pan

Studios
Flying Carpets Over Agrabah
Ratatouille
RocknRoller Coaster
Tower of Terror

Our group tour ends on 11 June 2019 and will be leaving from CDG. Could we travel to CDG with our group and then get the Magical Shuttle to DLP? Are there other options to travel from Paris to DLP?

Correct, yes , get yourself to CDG and you will be able to get Magical Shuttle. They have their own designated ticket and departure point, which is located in the corridor which links Terminal 2E and 2F on the arrivals level. When you arrive at CDG, just go to the arrivals of either 2E or 2F, whichever is easiest for you. You will then see the signs for Disney / Magic Shuttle.

You can book your Magic Shuttle tickets online and you will get an email confirmation. You then show this at the departure area and you are good to go. Do not worry about the time you book the buss for. As long as you have a ticket you can get on the next departing bus. On My last trip in February 2016 I arrived at the departure area earlier than the time I had booked for and I was able to get on an earlier bus than was on my confirmation email.

Other options from CDG are private car service or the TGV train. The TGV train only takes 10 minutes but it has a limited departure schedule from CDG. Also when you arrive at Disneyland Paris you need to take the free hotel shuttle bus from the train station to the hotel.

Both Magic Shuttle and private car service will bring you direct to the hotel front door. Magic shuttle is the least expensive option to get direct from the airport to the hotel front door.

The travel time between CDG and Disney is approx 1 hour depending on traffic. You get on the motorway at CDG and then after 40 minutes to 1 hour take an exit off the motorway for Disney. Both the private car service and Magic shuttle take this route. Delays can occur if there is an accident or broken down vehicle and the motorway gets shut down from 3 lanes to 1 lane.

It's too far out for us to know what time the group flight will be leaving. Would 3 1/2 days allow us time to see the parks and village?
Yes 3 and 1/2 days is perfect. Thats usually what I do. The studios is really a half day park and Disney Village is half the size of Downtown Disney in California.

Just remember that if you book a hotel and park ticket package direct with Disney you will get park hopper tickets for both your arrival day and departure day as well.

Dining- Would not be booking a dining plan. It does not make sense for us. But it does not look like I would need to book any TS we decided to do way in advance?
I have never used a dining package. I pay as I go in both quick service and table service. TS and character meals can only be booked by phone, 60 days from arrival. I usually do ADR for 1 or 2 TS as I like to structure my days. I would advise doing ADR the week before you leave for Europe, as some of the more popular ones like Walts, Captain Jacks, Chez Remy, Character meals may book up fast. To do ADR from America without the international phone charges, just ring the phone number for WDW in Florida and ask to be transferred to Disneyland Paris Dining Reservations.

Crowds- We would be there weekdays. What are crowds like 11 June-14 June (approximately)?
Weekdays are less crowded than weekends. Some schools in Ireland have holidays in June, UK schools do not. You can search online for the different European school holidays but in general that should be a good time

Last edited:
It's easy to take the train to DLP from Paris. We stayed near the Pigale metro station and took the metro to the station where we got on the train to DLP. We did that for two of the five days we were in Paris.

It's easy to take the train to DLP from Paris. We stayed near the Pigale metro station and took the metro to the station where we got on the train to DLP. We did that for two of the five days we were in Paris.

yes that is correct BUT things which the OP needs to consider as they will have luggage with them.

Get the bus with the tour group to CDG, then Magic Shuttle to Disney Hotel
Tour bus outside their final hotel on their tour
Load luggage into bus
Travel to CDG
At airport get a luggage trolley
Load luggage onto trolley and wheel to Magic Shuttle departure point
Load luggage onto Magic Shuttle
Travel to Disney
Unload luggage at the from door of the Disney hotel

VERSUS
Haul their luggage from the final hotel of their tour to the nearest train station
Haul their luggage through the train station, up and down escalators and then onto the train
Possibly have to change trains depending on where in Paris their hotel was located
Arrive in Disney, haul their luggage up the escalators, then walk over to the shuttle bus area, then wait for a shuttle bus
Haul their luggage onto the shuttle bus
Haul their luggage off the shuttle bus at the Disney hotel

Thank you all so much! I knew I could count on my Disboard family, I'm sure we will have many more questions when we get closer.

Can’t help with hotel question because stayed at Disneyland hotel.

I think this will be a waste of time take transport directly to Disneyland. Depends on how much luggage you have you can take it with you or use eelway to take your luggage for you. We used this during our stay and it worked great. I think I have a discount coupon if you decide to go that way PM me and I will send to you.

3 1/2 days is more than good enough.

We had free half board but from everything I read unless it was free they said not to get the dp.

Let me know if you have any more questions I am not in this board a lot but I promised I’ll answer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter