DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the September Check In thread:
Although Disney is not sending out the official cancellation emails, some reservations are being cancelled through 9/25.
I emailed my DVC Rental Store travel advisor today to ask about my VGC res 9/13-9/17. She responded that "reservations through September 25th will be affected by the resort closure.". They are in the process of providing a full travel credit for my paid reservation (so that's good). So this looks like they do not anticipate opening before the 25th.

Please be careful about posting news here. Even if the news looks official, if you aren't completely sure about it, post it in the Speculation Superthread first. Thank you!

From the September Check In thread:
Although Disney is not sending out the official cancellation emails, some reservations are being cancelled through 9/25.
JohnR5101 said:
I emailed my DVC Rental Store travel advisor today to ask about my VGC res 9/13-9/17. She responded that "reservations through September 25th will be affected by the resort closure.". They are in the process of providing a full travel credit for my paid reservation (so that's good). So this looks like they do not anticipate opening before the 25th.
This article would appear to confirm what the above poster was told:
https://insidethemagic.net/2020/09/...ail&utm_term=0_a98380eccc-bbee661dc3-96199085

If they truly aren't opening until October, that means every single person who got the 25%-35% rebooking discount for having their trip cancelled is now out of luck for that discount. I know the shutdown wasn't Disney's fault, but it sure would have been nice to have extended that out for people.
We added 3 days to our trip when we got the discount. That became a set amount of money we are prepared to spend on our vacation. When I didn't get to keep the discount for our 3rd attempt at our vacation, Disney lost 2 nights, and all the money from the food and souvenirs we would have purchased.

I have rebooked our Spring Break trip at least 4 times. The most recent was for this weekend. But this time, I just let the Labor Day weekend reservation be auto-cancelled by DLR and got a refund of our deposit. DLR has had my deposit since January, and I was happy to let them keep it since I was able to continue to apply the 35% off at GCH to my re-booked reservations. With this one, there was no way to rebook with the discount since the parks won’t be open before the discount expires. I agree with OP that it isn’t DLR‘s “fault” that they are still closed, but I think they should have continued to apply the discount to re-bookings for those of us who have trusted DLR with our deposit money for the last 9 months (or longer). But all they would offer me was the $50/night resort credit, and that was grudgingly, with me holding for a long time to even get that. In the end, I decided just to cancel since DLR was showing me that they did not care to honor my troubles for rebooking so many times and letting them hold my deposit money. I hope others had better luck, but I doubt they did....

I have rebooked our Spring Break trip at least 4 times. The most recent was for this weekend. But this time, I just let the Labor Day weekend reservation be auto-cancelled by DLR and got a refund of our deposit. DLR has had my deposit since January, and I was happy to let them keep it since I was able to continue to apply the 35% off at GCH to my re-booked reservations. With this one, there was no way to rebook with the discount since the parks won’t be open before the discount expires. I agree with OP that it isn’t DLR‘s “fault” that they are still closed, but I think they should have continued to apply the discount to re-bookings for those of us who have trusted DLR with our deposit money for the last 9 months (or longer). But all they would offer me was the $50/night resort credit, and that was grudgingly, with me holding for a long time to even get that. In the end, I decided just to cancel since DLR was showing me that they did not care to honor my troubles for rebooking so many times and letting them hold my deposit money. I hope others had better luck, but I doubt they did....
We moved our sept reservations to Oct. I asked specifically for the original rate we booked at DLH in June-not the 35% off we got after that June trip had to be moved. With the rates in October, I basically asked for a $20 a night discount. They did not give it to me. They did tell me I had the $50 a night resort credit, which I had no idea I had because none of the other CMs had ever told me I had that. So that was a nice surprise. But still a bummer they wouldn’t honor the original rate I had at the DLH.

We moved our sept reservations to Oct. I asked specifically for the original rate we booked at DLH in June-not the 35% off we got after that June trip had to be moved. With the rates in October, I basically asked for a $20 a night discount. They did not give it to me. They did tell me I had the $50 a night resort credit, which I had no idea I had because none of the other CMs had ever told me I had that. So that was a nice surprise. But still a bummer they wouldn’t honor the original rate I had at the DLH.
I agree Crystal. I was very, very disappointed that DLR can’t do anything more for folks like you and me and others who have allowed them to hold onto their deposit money for up to a year at this point (or longer) than the $50/night resort credit. That in no way recognizes guests for their trust in Disney with their money during this uncertain time. I think there are probably folks who have lost jobs or taken reduced work hours who would have liked to have their deposit refunded earlier this year, but they may have left it with DLR, hoping that Disney would honor the re-booking discount at least until a time when the parks are actually open again. But instead, DLR decided to just hold the deposits all this time, promising a large discount, and then not have any dates for which the previously promised discount could be used at all (since the parks will not be open by the time the offer expires). I am an AP holder and give DLR quite a bit of latitude normally, and moreso during this time. But I was highly disappointed for myself and so many others over this discount issue. People just don’t necessarily have the budget, as OP said, to go up on resort pricing by 35% from what they have planned since March.

For those who are disappointed about the loss of discounts and package deals/perks, make sure to write in to Disney to let them know what you've experienced. Make sure to note exactly how many times you've had to move your reservation, any runaround you've experienced, and what you would have been willing to spend had the deal been extended. Also note any good/great service you've had from CMs on the phone lines during this time. Disney needs to know what is going on with guests, and there is no guarantee that they'll see any of the posts here.
Now let's get this thread back on track...

For those who are disappointed about the loss of discounts and package deals/perks, make sure to write in to Disney to let them know what you've experienced. Make sure to note exactly how many times you've had to move your reservation, any runaround you've experienced, and what you would have been willing to spend had the deal been extended. Also note any good/great service you've had from CMs on the phone lines during this time. Disney needs to know what is going on with guests, and there is no guarantee that they'll see any of the posts here.

Thanks for the suggestion. Email sent.

Great idea. I'm another one who's also rescheduled 3 times and would like to email. Do you have an address you'd recommend over the general email? Thank you!

Great idea. I'm another one who's also rescheduled 3 times and would like to email. Do you have an address you'd recommend over the general email? Thank you!

Got a reply to my email. Basically it said, we can't help you, call the reservations desk to speak to them. We know what they will say since people have been asking for the discount. At least I tried. Maybe if more people try something might happen. Maybe.

If there is an email address given on any of the emails you've received from them, use that. Send an additional copy using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the DLR webpage. Be sure to include all your contact information. The more people who write in, the more clearly Disney will know what's going on. Can't guarantee a response, but at least they can't say they didn't know because no one said anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter