DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad, but not surprising news:

ETA: It's now official.
From MP's DLR Update (9/14/20),
One of Disneyland's oldest traditions is officially canceled for 2020, as Disneyland confirmed last week that the Candlelight Processional will not be held this year due to the ongoing pandemic. Disney officials told the Orange County Register that the company couldn't commit to holding the annual ceremony, "without a clear understanding of when theme parks can reopen from the State of California."

Last edited:

Since CL is not available for booking if you rebook a CL reservation this year you need to pick a non-CL room. (The price should be adjusted to reflect the current rate on the room you’re booking.)

Well, I logged into DVC today and saw our VGC reservation for 9/27 - 10/3 was cancelled :sad1: Not unexpected, but I was still holding out hope. Now to figure out when to reschedule for....

Well, I logged into DVC today and saw our VGC reservation for 9/27 - 10/3 was cancelled :sad1: Not unexpected, but I was still holding out hope. Now to figure out when to reschedule for....
Rough. Technically cancellations today are only for check-in through 9/26 but you are not alone because we’ve had sporadic reports specifically of DVC VGC being cancelled with check-ins that within a few days following the “official” cancellation date mentioned in the emails :(

Dang it -- cancelled all the way out to 10/3... 10/9 isn't looking promising. This is my frustration with DVC. DVC is cancelling further out than resorts, but not sharing any of that information with Owners. To me, this is messed up, VGC Owners should be in the loop! Super frustrating to me.

I got another email about my next GCH reservation that is being cancelled. I have no problem with the fact that they are still closed. I have a problem with the carrot of the 35% off that they have been dangling over this reservation that has been rebooked numerous times. And now, no discount going forward. Yes I will be emailng Disney, but I don’t expect it to accomplish anything at this point. How many people are they willing to stick it to, in order to “save” the bottom line on room reservations? I am not trying to go off topic, as I think this is a valid discussion for the reopening plans for those with existing reservations. Those that are willing to let Disney keep their deposit until the reopening will be rewarded with, at best, a $50/night resort credit. That is a far cry from 35% off at the GCH, and folks should be aware.

... I am not trying to go off topic, as I think this is a valid discussion for the reopening plans for those with existing reservations...
I agree that this is a valid discussion. But without any official word from Disney about a new discount offer or any redress for those whose reservations were cancelled, any discussion here on what could/should be done would be speculation. And that belongs in the Speculation Superthread.

Upon rebooking for a recently cancelled September vacation, Disney extended us 20% discounts on our three room, five ticket, 10 person reservations. When I asked what promotion was being applied, the castmember simply replied that the discount was from "Disney."

Here is the sequence of events (with a lot of detail because I'm not sure what led to the discount):

I called and gave them my reservation number for a one room, 4-ticket reservation for DLH that was originally booked in October 2019 for May 2020. In December 2019, we had the early Summer promotion applied to our room. When our May 2020 trip was cancelled by Disney, they applied the 35% rebooking promotion and $50 per night resort credit for a July 2020 date. When July 2020 was cancelled, we again rebooked, this time for September 24 at the GCH, for the DLH price. My mother, an annual passholder, also booked 2 additional rooms and 1 ticket, with the same booking/discount timeline. Currently, we have only paid our initial deposit amounts.

Initially yesterday, the castmember put me on hold and came back after a conversation with guest services. She gave me two price quotes, full price at GCH and full price at DLH with the carryover of the $50 per night resort credit. At this point, I reiterated my booking timeline and confirmed with her that Disney was not honoring the 35% discount, nor the prior early-Summer 20% discount. She confirmed that no discounts were available. I told her that we would rebook for November 2020 at DLH, but I also had my mother with me who needed to rebook her two room reservations.

At this point, the castmember indicated we would essentially need to start the process over. She took my mother's reservation numbers and told us she would place us on hold while she reconnected with guest services. We were placed on hold for roughly 45-minutes, with the castmember returning to the line once for a brief check-in. When she returned to the line, she said that Disney would be applying a 20% discount to all 3 of our reservations if we rebooked at the DLH for our early November 2020 dates.

As mentioned above, when asked, the castmember did not identify a specific promotion that was being applied. The most obvious promotion would be the initial early-Summer promotion that we had applied in December 2019. The other possibilities are (1) it was because we had 3 rooms/10 people/5 passholders; or (2) it was because the process took over one hour and roughly 94% hold time listening to the Disney song loop over and over.

Upon rebooking for a recently cancelled September vacation, Disney extended us 20% discounts on our three room, five ticket, 10 person reservations. When I asked what promotion was being applied, the castmember simply replied that the discount was from "Disney."

Here is the sequence of events (with a lot of detail because I'm not sure what led to the discount):

I called and gave them my reservation number for a one room, 4-ticket reservation for DLH that was originally booked in October 2019 for May 2020. In December 2019, we had the early Summer promotion applied to our room. When our May 2020 trip was cancelled by Disney, they applied the 35% rebooking promotion and $50 per night resort credit for a July 2020 date. When July 2020 was cancelled, we again rebooked, this time for September 24 at the GCH, for the DLH price. My mother, an annual passholder, also booked 2 additional rooms and 1 ticket, with the same booking/discount timeline. Currently, we have only paid our initial deposit amounts.

Initially yesterday, the castmember put me on hold and came back after a conversation with guest services. She gave me two price quotes, full price at GCH and full price at DLH with the carryover of the $50 per night resort credit. At this point, I reiterated my booking timeline and confirmed with her that Disney was not honoring the 35% discount, nor the prior early-Summer 20% discount. She confirmed that no discounts were available. I told her that we would rebook for November 2020 at DLH, but I also had my mother with me who needed to rebook her two room reservations.

At this point, the castmember indicated we would essentially need to start the process over. She took my mother's reservation numbers and told us she would place us on hold while she reconnected with guest services. We were placed on hold for roughly 45-minutes, with the castmember returning to the line once for a brief check-in. When she returned to the line, she said that Disney would be applying a 20% discount to all 3 of our reservations if we rebooked at the DLH for our early November 2020 dates.

As mentioned above, when asked, the castmember did not identify a specific promotion that was being applied. The most obvious promotion would be the initial early-Summer promotion that we had applied in December 2019. The other possibilities are (1) it was because we had 3 rooms/10 people/5 passholders; or (2) it was because the process took over one hour and roughly 94% hold time listening to the Disney song loop over and over.
Wow! That's awesome. I asked for my original booking price for our June trip, BEFORE the 35% discount, which would have only been a $20 a night difference, and I didn't get it.😒 I am sp happy that you got an awesome discount though! That's great!

From Dapper Days (email, 9/13/20):
CALIFORNIA Our Sun, Nov 15 outing to Disneyland remains on the calendar despite the park not yet having an announced reopening date. Due to a combination of dropping Covid positivity rates in the state (and specifically Orange County), plus the recent activity at the Disneyland Resort which seems to be preparing the parks for an imminent reopening, we're hopeful the parks and hotels will be welcoming guests before Nov 15. The Marketplace: We made the decision months ago that there would not be an indoor Expo this season for safety reasons, and have instead been exploring options for an outdoor Fall marketplace at the Disneyland Resort. Although we made great progress in our discussions with the resort, we've run out of time to properly produce such an event as Disney has not yet received guidelines from the state required to produce large events at the property. So, we will still have a presence at the resort over our Nov 14+15 weekend in some form if the hotels are open, but there will not be a full size Expo or large outdoor marketplace. We hope to have a pop-up boutique joined by select Expo exhibitors, but we may not know the details until much closer to the event. This does not affect your hotel reservations. Our special hotel rates remain available to book for mid-November, and those reservations are fully refundable should you need to change your plans (or if the hotels remains closed). 2021 – Our 10th Anniversary! Yes, can you believe 10 years! You may book your (fully refundable) room today for our April 10+11 event at the Disneyland Resort here.
https://dapperday.com/fall-2020-disneyland-ca/?mc_cid=34cc944fd4&mc_eid=faa421bda7

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter