DME or Mears SUV for Late Arrival?

GeorgiaHoo

DIS Veteran
We are scheduled to land in Orlando at 9 p.m. on November 1. Current plan is to grab our luggage after we land -- don't want it arriving at midnight -- and take DME. Would we save significant time by taking a Mears SUV? Last time that we took DME I think we were lucky enough to be the 2d stop, but time before that we were like the 4th stop and it took FOREVER (at least it seemed that way) to get to Yacht Club. Anyone have experience with a late evening DME to Yacht Club as far as travel time?

For DME, you can plan on about 90 minutes from Welcome Center to Resort. The queue at the airport could be 0-30 mins and the drive could be 45-75 mins. A hired car will of course be faster because you aren't waiting or going anywhere else.

Not sure what you mean by Mears SUV.

Mears has a cab company, but I don't think those are SUVs.

Companies like Tiffany Towncar have SUVs if your group is too big for a towncar, but the cost is more.

Uber and Lyft can pick up at the airport now.

If you do take the DME you can always ask them at the resort to hold your bags to morning. Once you wake up you can then call and have them brought to your room. Of course just make sure you have everything you need for that night and the next morning in your carry on.

Not sure what you mean by Mears SUV.

Mears has a cab company, but I don't think those are SUVs.

Companies like Tiffany Towncar have SUVs if your group is too big for a towncar, but the cost is more.

Thanks. Mears has car rental options too - town car, SUV and van. Didn’t price other places

I haven't arrived that late in the evening before, so don't have first hand info on timing. But...it has never taken me more than 90 mins from gate to resort. It's usually around 75 mins.
I guess that if you don't mind paying to get to YC 30 mins sooner, that's up to you. I wouldn't. It's just not worth the money for me. I would collect my bags, take them to the bus, and have them handed to me at YC.

UberXL or Lyft Plus would be a minivan or SUV that would hold up to six passengers. The XL or Plus fare from MCO to YC would be about $41, according to RideGuru, compared to about $65 for a regular taxi. Pickup would be within ten minutes of placing your request and the drive time looks like about 35 minutes...maybe less that time of night.

Personally, I'd take DME, but at least this gives you a comparison vs. whatever you've been quoted for Mears SUV.

UberXL or Lyft Plus would be a minivan or SUV that would hold up to six passengers. The XL or Plus fare from MCO to YC would be about $41, according to RideGuru, compared to about $65 for a regular taxi. Pickup would be within ten minutes of placing your request and the drive time looks like about 35 minutes...maybe less that time of night.

Personally, I'd take DME, but at least this gives you a comparison vs. whatever you've been quoted for Mears SUV.
Thanks. I believe it was $85 for an SUV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter