Do I have plenty of time?

excitedmomma

Mouseketeer
I have a ps for 1900 Park Fare at 7:00 on a Tuesday, Spectromagic is at 9:00. We are staying at the Contemporary. Will dd and I have enough time to eat, visit with Cindy & others, have desert (thinking of the special slipper dessert!) and meet up with DH to see Spectromagic? Any advice on where to meet? (we've never been). thanks!

Hmmmmmm .....

Others may disagree but I have to say no .... that you will be REALLY pushing it. Spectro gets very crowded (so crowded I have yet to see it :-( ..... poor me!) It may be hard to meet Dad and get a good viewing spot. Like what if the veiwing spot you choose to meet at is mobbed? Or is dad willing to stake it out for an hour and save you curb?

ALso, at times with a 7:00 PS you may not be seated until 7:15 or something like that. You get the next available table and sometimes that means you still have to wait a few minutes. Then get seated, order drinks, eat dinner, eat dessert .... photos ... autographs ... alot to try to do and be in a rush! Then figure you have to leave, get on the monorail, come back through the gates into a very crowded main street and find Dad.

Will you have walkie talkies?

I'm also not sure what and where they rope off stuff but I'm sure someone else can help you with that. I just know it's quite a crowd at parade time!

You could give it a go if Dad is willing to get to MK EARLY and save you spots on the curb in a very specific place so you can find him.

Good luck!

WDWO

Thanks for your input! We will have walkie talkies. And I have a question about them, Do you bring them? Do they work pretty well? I've read that they don't seem to be alot of help since you pick up so many other conversations?? I was worried about this and its the only night while we are there that Spectro is scheduled!

I'll just have to have Dad get there early and save us a spot. (wish me luck on that! lol) Thanks!
Melinda

We have had good luck with walkies but it's been 4 or 5 years since we needed them(now our whole family has phones:rolleyes: ) so I'm not sure if the popularity has grown during that time.

I agree about pushing it on the dinner/Spectro sitch. No chance for a 6 or 6:30 PS? Have fun:earsboy:

I definately think you are cutting the time too close. You need to factor in the commute times as well. If the monorail is just pulling out as you get to the loading platform, you can have at least a 10 - 15 min wait until the next train comes along. Then a good 8 - 10 min walk from the monorail station to the park entrance. This eats up 1/2 hr in your 2 hr. window. YIKES!!

Also, about walkie talkies, we took them one year and they were worthless!! There were so many folks using them, (and lots of times it was just kids fooling around on them) that we found them to be more bother than help. We now use our cell phones. Just be sure you won't be "roaming" while in the park. You wouldn't want to come home to find an enormous cell phone bill!!

We didn't have much luck with walkie talkies, and I think your pushing it with the time.

If the park closes after Spectro, its possible that you won't even be able to get through the gates to see it. You'll have rushed dinner and then be stuck at the turnstyle. That has happened to us once, where we tried to show up at a park for the closing event - but the park closed a little before the closing event starts.

I have to agree that I just don't think there will be time. The worst part will be, you'll probably be so worried about getting back to MK in time, you won't be able to enjoy your character meal with your DD. Is this the only night that Spectro is scheduled during your stay? Even if it is, the way the crowds have really picked up lately, I bet they add more nights to the schedule. If at all possible, I'd really try to see Spectro another night. You'll want to be able to relax and enjoy your dinner without worrying about the time.

Well, I was unable to move my ps up:(. The lady at reservations said they were already booked for that week. Do you really think it possible that they may show Spectro another night if there are large crowds that week? I'll just have to hope that we can get in to see it! (looks doubtful, doesn't it? Even if we have time to get in and Dad has us a spot, would we be able to fight the crowd to get to it?) It is truly something we don't need to miss? I think my dd would much rather see Cinderella and maybe the Prince than a parade.

Thanks soooo much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter