Do I have to do the DCP in order to get a professional internship?

smp317

Earning My Ears
I cannot seem to find this answer anywhere. The DCP doesn't seem too appealing to me, but I would love to get a professional internship once I graduate with my bachelor's in accounting. Is it possible to do without having DCP experience?

It depends on the PI. There are a few select PIs that will require you to have successfully completed at least one DCP, but not all of them will require it. When you search for the PIs you want to apply for, they will tell you explicitly in the description whether it's open to anyone or DCP Alumn only. Good luck.

It's not required for most PI's - there are a few that are specifically alumni only, but those are a very small proportion of the total positions available.

I did not do the CP, got a PI and then went full time in corporate. Most of the interns we've had on our team over the past few years have never done a CP

My son got a professional internship and at the same time he got the CP. He did the PI first and then the CP for about a week after the PI ended because he got hired full time at his internship. His friend did two CPs and then two PIs and was hired first by a Disney contractor and then Disney. She still works for Disney. My son quit to go back to grad school.

It is not a requirement and I know several PIs that did not participate in the CP. However, as stated by pp, there are in fact some PI positions set aside that are specifically designated for CP alumni only, this means that CPs have an extra competitive edge over non-CP candidates and hence have a slightly higher chance of getting accepted into the program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!