Do rates ever go down?

JayDubs

Here for Castles, Fireworks, and Magic
So, I typically vacation in Orlando the first week in January, right after the holidays when the kids go back to school. Value season rates, low crowds--it's great! I'm a new UOAP so I was hoping to make a trip to RPR in January my regular kick-off to the year. Rates for 2018, however, are $100 more than they were this past January! Talk about inflation! This is WITH the SMSM rate... so I'm wondering... is there any chance of that rate going down or are rates pretty much set in stone? Usually for a full 7 days, SMSM is better than the AP rate, but I'll still keep checking for when those discounts come out. At $700 more for the vacation, I might end up going back over to Disney for that January week...

JayDubs

Do they post a chart with "season" rates like Disney?

If so, I doubt it. I'm inclined to doubt it also because they had a really good year last year in which there was a lot of demand for the onsite properties. So I'd expect Universal to keep raising those hotel rates from here on out- they know people will pay.

My rates just went down today for late April. Priceline had a 20% off sale and RPR is now $333 CAD a night for me instead of $417 CAD a night. Saved me $400 overall on a 4 night stay.

Yes, there is a chance and they will change your rate if it goes down and you call them up. I called RPR four times to change a rate for one trip! I wouldn't expect it to go down four times - that was excessive and a while back - but keep an eye on it because you never know.

Also, check other places like Expedia and Orbitz. I found these prices varied wildly - which meant I was once able to snag an excellent rate by frequent checking - even better than SMSM though we only had five nights. (They also sometimes had percent off codes. I lucked out and got a low price when they had a percent off code too, making it much lower than the Universal website).

Prices very often go down from far in advance prices. Some of those advance prices seem to be quite arbitrary and will change quite drastically as the date gets closer. They seem to go by the supply and demand method. In advance, they just set a price and they adjust it as a truer picture of occupancy becomes apparent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts