Do rooms ever smell smokey?

kpgclark

<font color=339900>There's nothing hum drum about
I'm wondering if any of you cruisers ever noticed the smell of smoke in your room. That would be really awful for us. Ever notice that odor?

I wondered about that too since smoking is not allowed in any of the rooms. I kind of wondered if people cheat and smoke in the rooms anyway. I definitely hope not! Also, I read that they do allow smoking on the verandahs. If a person smoked enough wouldn't that affect the smell of the room if the door is open? Do they ask you to close the door if smoking on the verandah? We would be very upset if our room smelled like smoke. But I guess that you take that chance at any hotel. There are some people who still insisted on smoking in a nonsmoking room.

Eva, I didn't realize people couldn't smoke in their room. That is very good news. Hopefully there are fire alarms that would go off if people smoked.

At least that is what I was told by reservations. All cabins are nonsmoking. She said that the only places to smoke are designated places on deck, in some lounges, and all room verandahs. (Not too thrilled about the last one.) I really don't mind if someone smokes on the verandahs as long as the smoke doesn't come in the cabin.

smokin.gif
Smoker.gif
smash.gif

DH already asked where the nearest smoking place is to our room. We have secret porthole room #5520. All he has to do is take the forward stairs down to deck 4 and go out on deck - real close. I'm sure I'll find him there alot with his drink, butts and book.

I am an EX smoker (30 years on and 13 off) I have never smelled anything resembling cigarette smoke in the rooms. You will smell smoke on the verandas sometimes but never in the rooms. Now some of the clubs are another story. I almost died trying to play Bingo at Beat Street on the last cruise.
Enjoy planning your cruise with one less thing to worry about.

Russ:jester:

Are any of the lounges non-smoking? What about dining rooms? Do people smoke in the dining rooms? Can people smoke anywhere they want to outside?

All inside areas except for the clubs are smoke free. If I am not mistaken Preludes is a smoke free club as well. The Mickey pool area is no smoking too. All open deck areas are considered smoking areas unless otherwise marked. The Topsiders outside dinning area has No Smoking signs posted as well. Probably the worst place on board ship is the Deck 4 sitting area. People take their books and cigarettes out there and stay for hours. Some of the cushions stink plus there were a lot of full ash trays out there as well.
As I posted before, I am sensitive to cigarette smoke and have never had a problem except trying to play Bingo.

Russ:jester:

The Promenade Lounge is the one that is smoke free. :)

All other lounges allow smoking in special sections.

Staterooms are totally smoke-free, smoking is only allowed on private balconies or open decks.

I sailed in August and had been very worried about the verandah, decks, and especially the clubs being full of smokers as that would have essentially eliminated them from my use. The rooms and halls never smelled of smoke because people are encouraged to keep the sliding glass doors closed to conserve the air conditioning.

I have to say that in all 7 days I was hardly ever bothered by this. Once in a while I would have to pass by a table of smokers on the pool deck or notice that someone 5 or 6 verandahs down the ship was smoking, but that was it. Even in the clubs it was ok - at least for my sailing. In fact, I remember one night in Rockin' Bar D (the later show) the comedian made some comment about smokers. He looked over to the bar looking for a smoker. When he couldn't immediately see one he asked the bartender if there were any smokers over there. The bartender slowly shook his head no, and the whole place applauded! It was rather funny actually.

I'm sure it really varies from sailing to sailing, but I think that DCL is as close to "no smoking" as you will get unless you go on the Carnival non-smoking ship. Either that, or I was incredibly lucky!:)

Ruth

On five DCL cruises, I have experienced 'enthusiastic' smokers on the verandas next to mine on two occasions.

In September of 2001, there were two women in the cabin that was forward of ours and they smoked very often. We did have to go back inside a couple of times to escape their overflow.

On another cruise, a man was smoking a cigar on the veranda in front of ours. It was either very strong or very old. In fact, it was so strong that we not only closed the veranda door behind us, but we drew the sheers and the curtains too!

Once in awhile, we have been in a lounge that was too close to the smoking area and we changed seats or left if smokers arrived.

hope that helps

Barb-

No wonder why the man is giving you such a hard time about this trip. I am an ex-smoker but am very sensitive of the fact that my husband does smoke so we booked a verandah room so we could all enjoy.

Lori

Smoking inside the stateroom will set off the fire alarm. When they used to do tours of the bridge they told us this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter