Do they always upgrade to fill the higher cabins?

AnnMorin

<font color=babyblue>I HATE SNOW!!!<br><font color
I noticed on cruise path that the two cabins (we are a six and they are sevens) next to us are so far still empty. Will disney automatically upgrade someone from a lower catagory to fill them if they have availabilty still in the lower cabins? Or might we have that "wing" to ourselves? I also noticed there are quite a few of Cat. 4's still available. Will they automatically move people up to them or just leave them empty?
Hey I am willing ot give up my six to someone for a four - I am flexable :)

I don't think so, only if they sell those lower category cabins out. I asked about moving from a 6 to a 4 or 3 on our cruise in October. There was availability, but they wanted full price for the upgrade. Diana

No, upgrades are pretty rare actually, and only if they have demand for lower categories do they upgrade.

It is good that the other cabins near me are as yet empty but bad that I would miss an upgrade. Although going from a six to a four is not that much of a difference. Now a one two or three... that's another story!

There were several of us Disboarders upgraded on the 9/14 cruise. We went from a 6 to a 4 and one in our group got a 3 I believe. We were told that the ship was full so I assume we got upgraded so they could sell a 6 where a 4 would not sell.
Russ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter