Do you always try to get the same room? or do you care?

adSimba

Always another adventure with Mickey
When you have the chance that is. I especially wonder about sister ships, If you liked a room on the Magic, would you try to get the same room on the Wonder, for example?

Kind of. On the classics we love the sideways inside rooms, so we always try to book one of those, we just aren't tied to a specific room number. They are pretty limited, so not a lot of choices.

We usually do. Only once we changed rooms and sides of the Ship and went back to the staterooms we always get. And yes, what we've booked on the Wonder, we booked on the Magic.

Unless you are getting one of the more unique rooms, I don't find it makes much difference. I also don't tend to stick to a room type from cruises to cruise. I have had inside cabins all the way up to a deluxe family veranda. It depends on the length of the cruise and how much I want to spend that trip.

I have my favorite rooms on Dream Class and definitely prefer to book them because I love the location.

Working on finding that favorite room/area on the Classics now.

We always do Dream-class, and get the same category (two connecting 5D's) and the same vicinity (close, but not too close to the aft elevators). However, the actual deck and room numbers themselves haven't mattered much to us.

We like to book forward on Deck 10 starboard. Cabins, 10500,10502, 10504 or 10506.
Those cabins are at the very end of the hall, right next to the bridge and under the Rainforest and are very quiet. We really like the overhang as well to keep things shady and cool.

We've had the same room twice (by request) on deck 8 of the Magic. Tried deck 8 on the Fantasy bc of it. I know that wasn't your question but the same category room we choose happens to be on deck 8 of all ships. We felt safe in that choice. Now w/3 cruises under our belt, we're trying all new decks and categories for our upcoming next 3 cruises. Branching out a bit.

Last edited:
We usually try for the secret veranda rooms on the Wonder, we've somehow lucked into them 3 times. There's only 3 so I'm not sure how we've been so lucky but it's worked out. One time we upgraded into it at the port because someone in our cruise group upgraded out of it just before we got there and posted that it was free. :love1:

We usually try for the secret veranda rooms on the Wonder, we've somehow lucked into them 3 times. There's only 3 so I'm not sure how we've been so lucky but it's worked out. One time we upgraded into it at the port because someone in our cruise group upgraded out of it just before we got there and posted that it was free. :love1:

That was on the Pixar pacific coast cruise, right? If so, that was us :) What is funny is that we upgraded out of the secret verandah room because the cat 4 we had stayed in twice before on the Wonder was open and we wanted to be in the same room.

I have one of the Secret Verandah rooms booked for a B2B (3-night Baja and SD to Vancouver repo) in 2018. Maybe this time we will actually stay in it ;)

That was on the Pixar pacific coast cruise, right? If so, that was us :) What is funny is that we upgraded out of the secret verandah room because the cat 4 we had stayed in twice before on the Wonder was open and we wanted to be in the same room.

I have one of the Secret Verandah rooms booked for a B2B (3-night Baja and SD to Vancouver repo) in 2018. Maybe this time we will actually stay in it ;)

Hey! It was you! So glad you mentioned it, we were just parking at the port when we saw it!! Thank you!

We have one of them booked for a 7 night Mexican Riviera in Sept. Can't wait to be on her again!

We have (I believe) a secret verandah room for our first cruise (Dream 7022) and we're so excited! We actually like that there's a slight obstruction because it'll provide a little shelter from sun or rain. I have a feeling that we're going to always want one of those rooms! haha

We have (I believe) a secret verandah room for our first cruise (Dream 7022) and we're so excited! We actually like that there's a slight obstruction because it'll provide a little shelter from sun or rain. I have a feeling that we're going to always want one of those rooms! haha

I haven't been in one on the Dream class but I'm sure you'll love it. The obstruction is usually so small you barely notice, for us it's the same as a full veranda.

We just booked our second Disney Cruise. We sailed on the Dream last time, and had a Deluxe Family with Verandah. We loved the Stateroom. This time we are going on the Fantasy, but we were able to get the exact same room, (same room number, same location, same....same) as on the Dream. We loved everything about the stateroom on the Dream, we were happy to be able to get the exact same stateroom on the fantasy.

Yes, I have a favorite on each class of ship that I try to get each time now. In fact, I ended up paying full price instead of discounted GTY b/c my favorite room was available on a last minute 3-night, which turned into a B2B with a 4-night b/c the same room was available for that too! :rotfl:

In the past we haven't but since finding out we like the cat 7A on the newer ships, and finding one that we liked more than another, we have been trying to get the one we like. I'm sure other are good too, but this is one we know worked well for us. We actually have it for a cruise on the Fantasy this summer and B2Bs on the Dream next summer.

Magic and Wonder = 15+ cruises, 12 of them in 1 of three adjacent rooms. So, yea, same deck, and usually the same room. (Next several booked cruises will be in one of the three rooms)

Dream and Fantasy - when we've booked early enough to get a room on deck 2, it's ALWAYS been the same.

I think that the first couple of cruises and one of our last ones have been on the port side, so usually we are on the starboard side of the ship, regardless of the room category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter