Do you believe

I believe some can reduce symptoms when use properly under the advice of trained medical professionals. Oils sold by stay at home moms as a side job through an MLM (pyramid scheme sales) without proper training and education can be very harmful due to all the misinformation they spread. A drop or 2 of Eucalyptus oil diffused in a pot of boiling water or steamy shower has helped to relieve my chest and sinus congestion. They will not CURE any illness.

Last edited:
I believe they exist. But do they do anything? Eh.

Certain oils have certain properties -- tea tree oil, for example, is antibacterial. But that doesn't mean it will work to cure you if the flu.

snake-oil.jpg

So stick with my medication as well as the lavender oil notice I am sleeping a lot more and a lot more relaxed but sticking to my perception

I believe they smell nice

I also believe in the placebo effect. If you feel that you are getting better sleep, and you are more relaxed due to the lavender oil then by all means use it.
However I don't recommend going off any medication without discussing things with your doctor.

And please let your doctor that prescribed your medication know that you are using lavender oil as well and how you are using it to avoid any potential drug interactions.

I will try to get to see him asap something's scream commen sense this did not for o e reason or another but with the lavender in the room I am sleeping better so did not think anything of it

I believe some can reduce symptoms when use properly under the advice of trained medical professionals. Oils sold by stay at home moms as a side job through an MLM (pyramid scheme sales) without proper training and education can be very harmful due to all the misinformation they spread. A drop or 2 of Eucalyptus oil diffused in a pot of boiling water or steamy shower has helped to relieve my chest and sinus congestion. They will not CURE any illness.

I mix a few drops of eucalyptus with some coconut oil and use it as a chest rub. Really helped me out when I had bad bronchitis.
Peppermint has helped with some mild headaches and my dd swears by lavender.

I will try to get to see him asap something's scream commen sense this did not for o e reason or another but with the lavender in the room I am sleeping better so did not think anything of it
You could also consult your pharmacist. I wouldn't make a special visit to the doctor just about the lavender oil especially if you are just diffusing it.

My mil got a diffuser for Christmas last year and used some of the lavender. We were all so relaxed and sleepy! Lol. But as soon as we walked outside it let up. The smell of lavender does have an effect.

But nothing like that should be used in place of what your dr prescribes unless the dr okays it.

Tink, IIRC you have a cat.
Please be careful using essential oils with a cat in the house. There are some that are dangerous for them, and with any of them you should not use in a room where your cat spends alot of time.

This, so much!!!! Our vet has sent multiple emails about this, essential oils can be very harmful to our furry friends.

I am not a fan of most essential oils, if I were going to use one I would do a lot of research, and I would never purchase from a friend/MLM scheme.

This, so much!!!! Our vet has sent multiple emails about this, essential oils can be very harmful to our furry friends.

I am not a fan of most essential oils, if I were going to use one I would do a lot of research, and I would never purchase from a friend/MLM scheme.

I well be seeing my vet tomorrow but my oil came from bed bath and beyond

My opinion is they are a placebo effect.
If you believe then they will work.
Personally I find different perfume oils that I love the scent of and they make me feel calm and happy not because of their properties but because I like the smell.
Like lavender is SUPPOSED to help you be calm and sleepy but if you don't care for the smell then its gonna make you more anxious.

I believe they exist. I believe they make the house smell nice! I believe I need to put the diffuser out of reach of children and pets. I believe they can help with some congestion and generally make you feel a bit nicer. They are a not a replacement for real medical advice, but they can be a nice addition to a home.

I believe they have a short term effect on symptoms
My daughter has ADHD. She takes meds every day and I will keep her on them. I do, however, use Plant Therapy's A+ Attention oil blend at home, as her meds tend to wear off around 3-4:00. I diffuse it, and also have a rollerball applicator I might swipe on the nape of her neck. It helps her do her homework and stay mildly calm at home.

I believe they have a short term effect on symptoms
My daughter has ADHD. She takes meds every day and I will keep her on them. I do, however, use Plant Therapy's A+ Attention oil blend at home, as her meds tend to wear off around 3-4:00. I diffuse it, and also have a rollerball applicator I might swipe on the nape of her neck. It helps her do her homework and stay mildly calm at home.
Where do you get that one? My son's meds tend to wear off around 6, and it would be nice to help him be a little calmer at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!