Do you get wet on any of the SW rides?

jeff968

DIS Veteran
We'll be staying across the street at the Hilton Grand Vaction Club and it won't be a problem to go back to the resort and change. I was just wondering if you get wet on any of the new rides. Thanks

If you sit in the front seat of Journey to Atlantis, you will get soaked after the first drop right after rounding a turn. The other seats aren't so extreme. You will also get soaked if you see Shamu and sit in the front rows! Other than that, unless a Clydesdale slobbers on you, you should be fine.

I've seen Shamu nail people on the walkway about half way up the stadium. It always gets a big laugh when that happens.

I've seen Shamu nail the people in the handicapped seats!

I've sat in the Soak Zone and 99% of the time, I never get wet. I usually get a few remnant drops. I guess I know where to sit. :)

You'll get somewhat wet on Journey to Atlantis...depends on where you sit though...I sat in the third row all three times I rode it and got somewhat wet...I heard that if you sit in the front row, you'll get extremely wet...

IOAfan

YES! Ds and I sat in the front row when we rode JTA last month and we were SOAKED!!! It was great though and so warm we dried off in just a few minutes but our feet really got wet too. that took a little longer.

We were 1/2 way up the stadium and during the Shamu Rocks show, we were totally soaked to the bone.... That big whale got us all..

And JTA, well we rode it I think 4 times. Only once it would be considered really wet... but most of the times its a sprinkle or a sleeve, or sides of the shorts.

I'm going to comment on the soak factor of Atlantis since we were there the other night...

The ride didn't get me wet, I went on 3 times, sat in the 2nd row twice and the back row once. What got us soaked (and I mean soaked!:rolleyes:) were the people operating the water guns after the big drop. At least two of these guns were broken (normally you pay a quarter) and this guy was planted at one of them for over an hour (and we were planted watching!), and it was an absolute riot. People finished the ride and were like, "ah, wow...we're dry" and then BLAM, they were nailed! This was big fun and we just hung out there laughing at everyone, it's just so funny when they think they're done, and they get nailed..and then when they realize WHY! LOL

Anyway, beware! :D

IMO, Seaworld should make these free all the time, it's really alot of fun, and 25cents for one shot, just doesn't cut it! :D That was the most fun we had all day! :)

Karen

LOL Robin...

JTA is just great, although I found people in the front just got drenched! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter