Do You Have a Disney Trip Planned?

We are new FL residents (been here about a month) so the newness of being so close has not worn off yet... and hopefully won't! We have lots of friends in our new city that visit regularly, and have for years, so here's hoping (plus we now have a wide circle of people to go with!).

All that to say, we went 2 weeks ago and stayed at the Swan (killer rate!) and are going back Friday night to see the Music of Pixar before it closes. I anticipate us going 2-3x a month (though I may go more often with friends who have flexible work schedules like myself). We have some visits planned with an overnight hotel if we can find a FL resident/AP discount and some are just day trips or night trips, after work.

2018 is our "Disney year". We're going in December and buying APs that we will use again in March for spring break, then again in late May for our summer trip, and then probably October for fall break before they expire. Then sadly it'll be a year off Disney. Those are sad years in our house. [1st world problem]

I have the two 2018 trips in my sig booked and we are planning to go again in late November/early december then again in January 2019..we plan to get our money's worth out of the AP's we'll be purchasing.

After that we'll probably switch back to doing DLR in 2019

Last edited:

In my head, yes. I am desperate to book for 2018 but I won't know my vacation schedule for 2018 until late Oct- early November when we go through the vacation selction process at work. This will be out first WDW vacation. I have been to DL, a disney cruise and Aulani. Will be either March or in the Summer as have a high schooler.

Can't wait!!!

Possibly 2019. I'm not one to plan so far in advance, but we're planning on going to Hawaii next year, so it will definitely be at least two years plus.

We are new FL residents (been here about a month) so the newness of being so close has not worn off yet... and hopefully won't! We have lots of friends in our new city that visit regularly, and have for years, so here's hoping (plus we now have a wide circle of people to go with!).

All that to say, we went 2 weeks ago and stayed at the Swan (killer rate!) and are going back Friday night to see the Music of Pixar before it closes. I anticipate us going 2-3x a month (though I may go more often with friends who have flexible work schedules like myself). We have some visits planned with an overnight hotel if we can find a FL resident/AP discount and some are just day trips or night trips, after work.

See, that is what I'm looking forward to when we start spending winters in Florida, being able to go LOTS more often!

Actually, DH and I have already discussed this and the next time we're planning a 2-3 week winter trip to Florida he's going to spend 3-4 nights alone at Daytona Beach and I'll spend that time at Disney!! :)I've never done a solo trip before, so I think it would be fun for a few days. :)

I have a huge trip in November/December. We leave the sunday after thanksgiving. When I say huge I'm not kidding; 21 people, 6 rooms and 10 of the people are kids ranging in age from 2 to 13. I came into some money and took some to treat my 2 daughters and their families as well as my daughter from another mother and her son. She has been my oldest daughter's BFF for over 25 years and calls me mom. The group also includes 3 of my younger daughters BFF's and their kids. I am beginning to think I may be a little crazy.

I am planning a solo trip for the spring to relax. Upgrading to an AP on the first trip.

What construction is going on right now? I think DD said they're doing something at Hollywood Studios, but I'm not sure. I know Pandora is open now so I'm looking forward to that. We've gone many times in January (used to be our favorite month to go as it was SO not crowded!) and there has almost always been some kind of construction going on.

All the new attractions that have been announced. Not all will be done when we go but Toy Story Land for sure.

8 - 22 December! WDW, Florida... Hope to meet some DISers whilst I'm there :)

Originally we didn't. However, now we "May" as we've decided that we should take our dgs (he will be 11 then) on a second cruise with us; before he no longer wants to hang with Gram, and Pa. lol. So, we'd like to split the vacation between a WDW (would be his first time) A Land (Cocoa Beach) and Canaveral as the departure port.

Albeit, in March (Canadian Spring Break) because he's missing 3 weeks of school next month to go to Germany.
So... I guess it'll be the planning board for me to get tips. pixiedust:

Last edited:
DD and her DH were there the last day of the Food & Wine Festival last year and she said it was super, super crowded. You could hardly move. :(
I've been to F&W a few years ago. It's likely that they were there on a weekend if it was that busy. It's not so bad crowded on weekdays. I'm going solo so I'll hopefully be able to move stealthily through the crowds on my own.

You must live close to Disney since you go so often. :) When we start spending winters in Florida I would like to go more often too. DH is kind of "meh" about Disney though. He enjoys it to a certain extent, but doesn't care to go that often. We haven't been to Universal in many years, back when they had the Back to the Future and E.T. rides. :)

I'll have to do some research on that sleigh ride at Fort Wilderness, and see if it's something DD would want to do, thanks. :)

Nope! We're Canadians, so we have to fly down. But, we pay for most of our flights by saving up Airmiles (my grocery store participates in the program, so I earn lots of points). And doing the annual pass thing saves on ticket prices (plus it's an excuse to visit more often).

And we stay either at Pop Century (Disney) or Best Western (Universal). pixiedust:

I don't have a date yet, but I'm hoping sometime early spring. It's my reward when I hit a milestone weight loss goal.

My sister and I will be going September 1-4 2017 and booking a bounce back with free dining for December 7-10 2018.
In recent years we have liked our trips short but plentiful lol.

Nooo, and so sad. Have to skip this year as had right hip surgery last December and was out of work recuperating all of Jan. Then had left hip surgery in June and was out of work all of July recuperating. DD, granddaughter and 2 of granddaughter's friends are going next month and invited me but I don't think I'm quite up to it just yet and can't really justify asking for more time off work right now, lol.
We used to go all the time when we had season passes and it had been awhile since I've skipped a year. Next year for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter