Do you have next years vacation booked already?

In between Montana last month and the UK this summer, travel was expensive this year. I'm trying to convince my DH that we should take the kids on the great American road trip this summer. He's not excited about it but the kids are. I'm tempted to ditch him and see if my sister is interested in going with us. She's a teacher so she'll have the summer off. I'm also trying to convince him that we need to take the kids to India to meet his family. He doesn't like his family very much so he's not too excited about it but I think the kids should meet their relative at least once. Another family who we're friends with is interested in joining us. They have kids our kids' ages and their kids are experienced world travelers so we know they could handle the trip. It gives our kids companions and gives us an excuse not to spend the whole trip visiting relatives.

Took the great American road trip in 1977 when I was 10 - 6 weeks, 7,500 miles. Still the best trip I’ve ever had.

All of them!! I am a bit OCD and so vacation planning is something I do and enjoy.

Jan. Western Caribbean cruise with BFF
Feb. DLR
Mar Cuba cruise
Apr DLR
May Grand Canyon
June DLR
Aug/Sept Alaska cruise/tour
Oct DCL.....2 Nassau and a Western
Nov DLR (taking DGS for his first time there)

Your missing July and December. Sounds like a very good year of vacations.

Yes and no.

September got a dcl transatlantic cruise booked.

December going to Disneyland. After Disneyland going to aulania. I’m a dvc member I own at Grand California. Have to wait until 11 months to book it. Aulania I’m going to try to get in at the 7th month window.

Have a Canada/New England cruise from Port Liberty on Royal Caribbean in June; likely a week at NJ shore in late July or early August. Also have a Disney AP expiring in mid-March, so might try to squeeze one more long weekend in WDW.

We are taking a 10 day vacation in the summer...I am not telling my family WHERE until we get to the airport. I want to plan every single detail.

We are going back to WDW after Thanksgiving.

We are hoping to do a long weekend somewhere warm this winter.

Nothing solid except the dates for WDW.. couldn't pass up the magical offer :)

We are going to Hawaii 18 August to 3 September! They had a fantastic deal on flights from Melbourne to Honolulu so they were booked last week. We haven’t booked inter-Island flights (Maui is a definite and we’re thinking Kauai too before a few nights in Oahu) or accommodation. It’s been nearly a year since my last trip and it feels so good to be planning another!

Your missing July and December. Sounds like a very good year of vacations.

That was on purpose ;)
DGD birthday is in July, so we stay home and we were gone in Dec. this year and too stressful coming back and getting ready for the holidays.
But I could try harder :teeth:
This years are shorter ones. DLR doesn't take as many days as WDW and we are going into a DLR year

Yes and No. We have next summers trip to Paris planned already (booked almost a year ago), and just booked Octobers trip to WDW for Wine and Dine half marathon.

Last edited:
DH and I are doing a river cruise on the Elbe next spring. It goes from Berlin to Prague. Then in 2020 we're cruising the British Isles for 12 days, followed by a land tour of Ireland for 11, including a night at Ashford Castle.

We will be going to WDW in May. We rented DVC points for Boardwalk Villas and we are really looking forward to it. In August we have a tour of the Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park. In October we have our annual trip to North Conway. In 2020 we are planning on a family trip to WDW with our 2 DSs, 2 DDILs, and 5 grandchildren. I asked the kids about going and they seem very interested. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I hadn't planned anything for next year, but then got a great deal on a WDW stay for end of august, so we're going back! Trying to see if I will have enough Hilton points to cover a stay near Universal for the early part of that week and turn it into a Universal/WDW trip.

One of the gifts we are giving my kids for Christmas is a Year of Activites. I totally stole it from an article that made its rounds on Facebook. They are getting a box with 12 envelopes inside, and each month will have something planned for us to do as a family. We are still hashing out specifics, but here's the plan so far:
January: Snow tubing
February: Tickets to the National Tour of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and a family dinner out beforehand
March: Tickets to Pax East for a day and a spending allowance for merchandise
April/May/June - not sure yet, but thinking a trampoline park, a day of archery lessons and time on the shooting range, a trip to Maine to see the lighthouses and have lobster rolls...still working these months out
July: Beach weekend on Cape Cod
August/September: Universal/WDW. If we can make this work, they will get the envelope for August with details of the Universal trip, and then we'll surprise them at the end of the Universal leg with the September envelope that has the Disney details in it.
October: A day in Salem, MA with museum tours and a ghost hunt tour at night
November/December - not sure yet, my husband said he had a few ideas but hasn't shared them yet :)

We have some trips booked for the first 2/3s of the year.

My oldest grauduates college mid December 2019, so I am trying to do less in fall to leave time to go to the US for that and stay a while, maybe get in CHristmas with my parents who live in Mexico while we are there, etc.

Last edited:
Some are booked. Some are in the scheming stages

February vacation (I work for a school), my mom, sister and I will go to FL to visit my grandparents. They are snowbirds.
April vacation my husband and I are doing a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Disney Fantasy, followed by a night at WDW.

Scheming for late August or Labor Day weekend trip for MNSSHP, and also a trip to Orlando in November for a 3 day convention that I'd like to go to for work. If I make the convention happen, MVMCP is likely for one of the evenings... Hoping my husband and I can get back to Bar Harbor, Maine too, but we will see.

Yes, most of them...we also go to Dollywood and Smokies...Gospel Festival and Christmas
January to February...WDW trip for Festival of the Arts
March... Celebrity Cruise around the Horn of South America Buenos Aires Argentina to San Diego Chile.
April....gals trip to WDW for Flower and Garden
April....trip to TX hill country with family...flying to San Antonio
May....DVC Member Cruise, San Diego to Vancouver
May into June...Princess Cruise Vancouver to Whittier, then land to Denali, this with DH and friends
July...WDW for Fourth of July then DVC at Hilton Head
Sept....Paris, then DCL Transatlantic
Oct...DVC Member Cruise roundtrip to Bermuda from NYC with girlfriends
Dec...Merrytime DCL cruise then WDW
Dec...return to WDW for NYE

We are retired!

Yes and no.

September got a dcl transatlantic cruise booked.

December going to Disneyland. After Disneyland going to aulania. I’m a dvc member I own at Grand California. Have to wait until 11 months to book it. Aulania I’m going to try to get in at the 7th month window.
See you on the DCL TA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter