Do you need advance dining reservations for MTD

deerh

DIS Veteran
We are Cruising in May on RCCL Harmony. We have My Time Dining. Question-will we need to "prebook" our dining every night before we cruise? There are only 2 of us. Haven't cruised in 19 years so I don't really know if you need to or not.

Thanks a lot for your help!

DeerH

No you don’t *need* them, but if you want to dine at a popular time you will have a wait. I always book mine online before the cruise and them adjust them during the cruise based on what we have going on.
Denise

No you don’t *need* them, but if you want to dine at a popular time you will have a wait. I always book mine online before the cruise and them adjust them during the cruise based on what we have going on.
Denise

Thanks for the quick reply! Another question-You say it is a "wait" if you don't make online reservations.. How long of a wait would it be for only 2 people? Also, would we get our own table for 2 or eat with other guests?
How does that work?

DeerH

The default is you will only be seated with your party. If you go. At peak time, waits can be 20 minutes or longer without a reservation.

Thanks for the quick reply! Another question-You say it is a "wait" if you don't make online reservations.. How long of a wait would it be for only 2 people? Also, would we get our own table for 2 or eat with other guests?
How does that work?

DeerH
I haven’t done it without reservations so I don’t know. 2 people would not have to wait a long time I wouldn’t imagine. We are always offered a table for just our party but sometimes we request to sit at a table with others who enjoy sharing. They will do it either way.
Denise

Ok, Thanks! I may make reservations for the 2 of us for most nights. We do have AAA "free dinner" at one of the speciality restaurants. How does that work? Do they assign it to us on a certain night? Do we pick the night and the venue? So many questions... SORRY!

DeerH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter