Do you need reservations for Boma breakfast?

Toolulu22

DIS Veteran
We're spending Feb. 16-19 at Jambo House and have never been there. It will also be 3 1/2 years since our last Disney trip and longer since we've been to AK. This trip will be mainly focused on AK resort and park.

I'm at 180 days and looking at reservations. Do I need to make them for breakfast at Boma, or is it easy to get a seat if we walk in?

We stayed at Jambo in October last year and walked in to Boma every morning with no reservations and ate. It was our 1st trip to Disney since the 90's and I didn't do any research and didn't know we should have made them. That said, the hostess ladies were super rude every morning and made a BIG deal about us having no reservations and acted like they were doing some giant favor even if the restaurant was half empty. And they would call my husband "Jason" even though that's not his name, we could never figure out why they kept doing that. If "Jason" was a code for person with no reservation or something? No idea. I digress but if you know around what time you want to eat, I would just make the reservation. They do put on a good spread.

There's is absolutely NO excuse for rudeness!

I will, however, let you know that even though a restaurant is only half full, you may indeed need ADRs. The restaurants at WDW staff by numbers of ADRs, NOT number of seats in a restaurant. So if a restaurant can actually SEAT 100, if there are only 50 ADRs made, that's what they staff for, including purchasing and cooking the correct amount of food. Add having enough cooks, bus staff, and wait staff to accommodate 50 patrons, NOT 100. They also organize breaks and lunches according to numbers. So, at WDW, like in say NYC, without a reservation, you may NOT be seated.
So, it is ALWAYS prudent at WDW to make ADRs for the restaurant of your choice, or you can be turned away.
If nothing else, log on to your MDE account the AM of your desired brakfast time and scout for ADRs for your desired time.
Again, all this aside, although it WAS a big deal to seat you without an ADR, and they actually were doing you a favor, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR RUDE BEHAVIOR...

We've made ADR's for Boma the day before the last few times we were there. And I've seen people turned away as walk-ins and then I went on to MDE and found an ADR there!

We've made ADR's for Boma the day before the last few times we were there. And I've seen people turned away as walk-ins and then I went on to MDE and found an ADR there!
Yes, I think it has to do with "the system" Disney uses for their restaurants.

We stayed at Jambo in October last year and walked in to Boma every morning with no reservations and ate. It was our 1st trip to Disney since the 90's and I didn't do any research and didn't know we should have made them. That said, the hostess ladies were super rude every morning and made a BIG deal about us having no reservations and acted like they were doing some giant favor even if the restaurant was half empty. And they would call my husband "Jason" even though that's not his name, we could never figure out why they kept doing that. If "Jason" was a code for person with no reservation or something? No idea. I digress but if you know around what time you want to eat, I would just make the reservation. They do put on a good spread.

Rude servers would put my husband in a bad mood for the entire day. To him its worse than bad food.

Interesting!

Yes, I think it has to do with "the system" Disney uses for their restaurants.

Okay, makes sense. I'll be sure to make a reservation and cancel if we change our minds.

Thanks everyone! And I agree- no excuse for rudeness.

Feb 16-19 is Presidents' Day weekend so it'll be busier than usual so definitely make a reservation if you want to dine at Boma and any other restaurant you're interested in.

Feb 16-19 is Presidents' Day weekend so it'll be busier than usual so definitely make a reservation if you want to dine at Boma and any other restaurant you're interested in.
We'll be at AKL that weekend after a week at CR. It's sure to be crazy, we are planning just a resort stay, not any parks, just enjoying AKL after a week of park craziness. We have ADRs for Boma twice, once for "brunch" and once for dinner. We love Boma, and don't want to risk not being able to eat there, so always make ADRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter