Do you need to make PS's for mid-Sept.?

bs22

Earning My Ears
September is usually slow. Do you think we should make some PS's now, or will be be able to walk in at most places? Thanks.

September is a great time to go & you probably don't need too many PS's. If there is a popular restaurant (Cinderella's Castle, other character meal) that is a must do, you may want to make PS's for those. One of the reasons we enjoy going in the off season is the ability to eat when & where we want on any given day. It's hard to decide what you'll be in the mood for 6 months from now. JMHO. Hope this helps! :D

Depends on the type of restaurants you wish to dine in. I always made PS's for places like CA Grill, Yachtsman and Le Cellier because they are quite popular even when it's "off" season. I believe certain character meals need a PS if you want to get in.

DH and I are going from 9/13 - 9/21.. we dont have children. I will not be making any PS's. We have no intentions of doing character meals and other than a light counter service lunch we will not be eating in the parks. At home we rarely eat dinner before 9pm and I cant see that being any different on vacation. We plan to eat at an upscale resort restaurants each night, if they cant fit us in then there are plenty to choose from!

I made PSs for our mid-September trip last year and some were needed and some were not. For Sci-Fi, LTT, V&A's and San Angel they were needed. We didn't need them for Garden Grill, Jiko, Boma, and 'Ohana's. If you tend to eat in off times and aren't trying to get CG for 7:00 on a Saturday night you should be fine.

We are going mid-Sept. (18-24) and plan to make some this week. We are going for the BIG annual Pin Event at EPCOT. A three day even (F/S/S) and celebrating it's 3rd year. There will be a big turn out (lots of locals and many out of towners). With that in mind and how successful the FTP has been and the military salute. I don't plan to miss out on any of my favorite places to eat. Will be making my PS for the Plaza, H&V, and 50s Prime Time. We were there in May and July and PS were needed. (You can't imagine how many times we walked through the door and the CM would say, if you don't have a PS, we can't get you in). I know september is historically a slow time, but with attendance being at an all time high because of the FTP promotion, I don't plan to take any chances. I will also be making my PS for my late October trip--a lot busier than September though.

DH and I will be there beginning 9/15, and we've only made a few PS's, those being for the more popular restaurants (Artist Point, Le Cellier, etc.). That way, we know we'll get in when we want and not have to wait. We don't like to be tied into eating at a certain time, or planning so far in advance not knowing exactly what we'll be doing or feel like eating that day. But remember that you can also call for a PS on the same day, using the park phones.
September is not usually crowded, but with the FTP who knows??

Any other thoughts on this? My family is also visiting from 9/13 - 9/20.

I have one PS @ the Flying Fish but would like to remain as flexible as possible for our meals. Other dinner spots we are considering including Whispering Canyon, 50's Prime Time Cafe, San Angel Inn...

We will probably eat rather early (6:00 or so). Will we most likely be able to walk up for a table or should I do more PS's?:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter